PDA

View Full Version : USB drivers before boot.

scottwile
04-07-2008, 12:03 AM
I have a dual boot. Ubuntu and Vista Ultimate 32bit.

My USB drivers are being handled by the OS, not the BIOS. I have a USB Keyboard and Mouse. When the dual boot screen comes up the USB drivers aren't loaded so i can't choose what OS i want to boot. If i connect a PS/2 driven Keyboard there is no issues.

How do I load the USB drivers without the OS support. I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.

I slightly remember added mouse support to XP's recovery console at one point in time. I am guessing this process with be similar.

Any ideas?

clocker
04-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.

In my Gigabyte BIOS USB keyboard/mouse is disabled by default.
You should definitely check yours.

ConkiZz
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
update your BIOS and test again?

MultiForce
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM

My USB drivers are being handled by the OS, not the BIOS. I have a USB Keyboard and Mouse. When the dual boot screen comes up the USB drivers aren't loaded so i can't choose what OS i want to boot. If i connect a PS/2 driven Keyboard there is no issues.

How do I load the USB drivers without the OS support. I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.

I slightly remember added mouse support to XP's recovery console at one point in time. I am guessing this process with be similar.

Any ideas?

Enable USB Legacy Support in BIOS.

saqib
04-18-2008, 09:46 AM

Any ideas?

Enable USB Legacy Support in BIOS.

it worked for me once when i tried to restore my OS via acronis :yup: