PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Vectorals "Smyrna" experiences?

donvito
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Title says it all. :D

I'm curious, good/bad?

thanks,
donvito

will17
04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
hey. Great server with good speeds. i've got fedora 4 running atm and so far havent had one hiccup.

fisherman
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I've been using Vectoral now for many months and I find them great!

I've used their Zepher, Renacu and Spyro servers and all had excellent speeds so I gather yours will have very nice speeds too :happy:

donvito
04-08-2008, 12:42 AM
awesome guys!

glad to hear good things!

I have another question, i opted for debian etch, and i was thinking about using ktorrent, would this be a good choice?

I've only had experience with windows server on my lw box months ago, and that was just because i was in a rush :P I'm fairly familiar with linux so thats not a concern.

Thanks,
donvito

TidusBlade
04-08-2008, 05:43 AM
If you get Ktorrent on Debian Etch, I'm pretty sure you'll require the KDE libs, so thats extra RAM used I beilieve. Well, it does have 512MB RAM, so kTorrent shouldn't be a problem though ;)
They have a WebUI as a plugin too so check that out.

donvito
04-08-2008, 08:38 AM
If you get Ktorrent on Debian Etch, I'm pretty sure you'll require the KDE libs, so thats extra RAM used I beilieve. Well, it does have 512MB RAM, so kTorrent shouldn't be a problem though ;)
They have a WebUI as a plugin too so check that out.

awesome, thanks!

just fyi, i talked with vectoral today, and they will be setting up all pre-orders this friday, so if you've also been waiting, then there you go :D

donvito