PDA

View Full Version : Hashes And Quick Links

gaz_k
08-06-2003, 01:06 PM
I understand the sig2dat and use that for sum of the films by getting them from www.fasttrackmovies.com

what i do not understand is these Hashes that ppl keep refering to and listing in the music world andother forums etc

are they a link to download the file?

if so how do i get them to work? are they worth using?

i am at work at the moment and so i cant experiment with them.

i have treid to look on other forums for the answers to these questions but can not find them.

how do they work? are they a reference to the file and how many ppl have that file so do they download well?

basically, any one with info can you post it here please?

harrycary
08-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Sig2Dat and Hashes are the same thing...

gaz_k
08-06-2003, 02:08 PM
but i just click on the sig2dat icon on fastrackmovies.vom

how do i use the ones that are just posted on this site?

shareshareshare
08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
You either click on the link if its HTML (with Sig2Dat running), or copy and paste those three lines into sig2dat

gaz_k
08-06-2003, 03:31 PM
how do i run sig2dat....

sorry if i bein really stupid but i normally just click on the link on fastrackmovies

i can copy the uuhash thing, but i just dont know where i pasting it to.

there are loads of music hashes in the music world section that i want to download

a simple step by step guide will suffice, i can figure most things out my self, just need to know the basics

Renegade720
08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
dude forget all that trouble, just use verifieds. type in the movie name and get it instantly, but if you really want to learn sig2dat, i wish you luck because i am unsure how it works either :lol:

A2Z4Me
08-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Hey I'm somewhat of a newbie here too, but been put off with trying to get things to work. Verifieds.com very rarely downloads. 1 in 20? I usually end end search and sorting by # of users, file size, and bandwidth. still a lot of dead requests. I use Kazzaa Lite. Not sure about the rest of the sharing sites. It would be nice for a straight answer. sig2dat & hashes, how do they work. How are they created? Again Verifieds just don't download.

VB
08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
For a Sig2Dat tutorial read our FAQ.

A2Z4Me
08-12-2003, 01:02 AM
actually I did read it. TWICE! Maybe my install is bad. I'll play a little more. then try a reinstall. I got hooked into this looking for a song not in the stores. Using a lot of time. But I am finding many files not aviable in stores, just can't seem to get them to start downloading. Still trying.