PDA

View Full Version : Chart Mapper Addon

chrisrowe
08-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi, my first Kazaa addon is complete.
Named Chart Mapper, this application retrieves details from the BBCi website and can be confingured to automatically download the songs in the Top 40 Chart.

Download it here URL=http://www.chrisrowe.net/chart_mapper.exe (http://www.chrisrowe.net/chart_mapper.exe)

Please reply and post any bugs/improvements/thoughts/comments.

It can only be improved with critisism.
Please enjoy

Meikl3
08-06-2003, 04:43 PM
It doesnt work for me :(
It says
You want to download, i click ok
Rythm Bandits By Junior Senior, i click ok
Thats all...., I click ok
Nothing Happens, I have kazaa lite open
Whats rong?

secfan
08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
My suggestions:
1. There are run-time errors, mainly when you click on the chart area where you can't really do anything on it yet, you get:

Run-time error '91':

Object variable or With block variable not set

2. Another run-time error occurs when you click 'Use old details' (I don't think there were any old details to start with):

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

3. An option to create a new folder while selecting the MP3 directory would be nice (try and use 'MP3' with that case because it is based on 'MPEG').

4. Typo in the About box: 'donwload' to 'download' (Be sure to check for other spelling/grammatical errors too!!! :P ).

5. You should make all the windows Modal, mainly Display Options, MP3 Directory and About, so that you can't click on the main program window to make it active once you're in one of those windows. :D

faianfrey
08-06-2003, 04:53 PM
:( For me it doesn't work too
The same problem:
I click O.K. and.... nothing

cborga1985
08-12-2003, 02:08 AM
Confirmed again that is does not work! LOL :-)

antonlop
08-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi, a very nice work.

WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON ANOTHER ADD-ON WHICH SHOULD ELIMINATE FAKE LINKS WHICH COME UP USUALLY FOR MOVIES. We are now finished with the add-on written in C++, but we have no idae of KAZAA API??? We need to make add-on communicate with the KAZAA search list and add another item on the right-click pop-up menu of the search results saying 'Report a Fake Link'.

Could you help us with API or send some source code from your add-on with API so that we could do it? :ph34r:

Best regards,
Vasyl and Nazar

cborga1985
09-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Rocko could help some, try gettin in touch with him.

Only
09-18-2003, 03:32 PM
The link doesn't work for me.

SlimShady
09-18-2003, 04:24 PM
I think Rocko is still busy with school (link (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=58754&st=15&#entry477800)).
Contact him with this e-mail address: [email protected]

Sparkle1984
09-28-2003, 09:47 PM
It seems to me that all this program does when you click OK on the song you want, it puts the name of the song into the K-Lite search box and you have to press Search and download it yourself.

Kazchart doesn't download songs automatically for us. No offence to Chris, but in its current state, it seems a little pointless, since I could easily type the name of the song in the K-Lite search box myself.

chrisrowe
09-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@28 September 2003 - 21:47
It seems to me that all this program does when you click OK on the song you want, it puts the name of the song into the K-Lite search box and you have to press Search and download it yourself.

Kazchart doesn't download songs automatically for us. No offence to Chris, but in its current state, it seems a little pointless, since I could easily type the name of the song in the K-Lite search box myself.
Hey Victoria.
KazChart has evolved a lot since its start. Now it just gets chart details and eases searching for them in KazaaLite. Rather than finding a reliable site, copy & pasting each artist/title you want into KazaaLite for each chart entry.