PDA

View Full Version : help with seedbox

sc28
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
hi
can someone please help me set up my seedbox.
i have read all the guides inhere,but it seems that im to stupid to understand :ermm:

the server is from Softlayer and runs Fedora 6
i want to have torrentflux installed,but utorrent is also fine.
also i want to have ftp set up also.

please help me :cry:

fisherman
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Follow this guide...>> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620

Simply download putty and open it up and log in with the details you were given by your server provider and type this exactly >> yum -y install xterm wine vnc-server

Follow the guide for the rest of the actions and if you need more help let us know :)

This guide is for installing uTorrent by the way.

Theif
04-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Follow this guide...>> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620

Simply download putty and open it up and log in with the details you were given by your server provider and type this exactly >> yum -y install xterm wine vnc-server

Follow the guide for the rest of the actions and if you need more help let us know :)

This guide is for installing uTorrent by the way.

I bought ovh today and followed this guide and everything worked great. But there is a minor problem. I installed firefox through root account and then created another user account. Guide says to run firefox, look for it in fluxbox menu but there is no firefox option or icon there.. Any help?

sc28
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
now utorrent is installed,but i dont understand how i can install ftp :unsure:

fisherman
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
now utorrent is installed,but i dont understand how i can install ftp :unsure:

To FTP files from your server to your HD is the easy part. Download Winscp as in the guide and and log in to Winscp using the same details as you logged into putty and and navigate to this folder >> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent

That's more than likely where your downloaded files are stored and then just simply drag and drop from your server to your HD and you have your downloaded files :)

sc28
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
thanks , that worked :D

To FTP files from your server to your HD is the easy part. Download Winscp as in the guide and and log in to Winscp using the same details as you logged into putty and and navigate to this folder >> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent

That's more than likely where your downloaded files are stored and then just simply drag and drop from your server to your HD and you have your downloaded files :)[/quote]

fisherman
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Glad you got it sorted :)

Any probs just post :)

chip19
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
I bought ovh today and followed this guide and everything worked great. But there is a minor problem. I installed firefox through root account and then created another user account. Guide says to run firefox, look for it in fluxbox menu but there is no firefox option or icon there.. Any help?

You need to edit your fluxbox menu file. It is located at ~/.fluxbox/menu. Open it in your favorite editor and add a line like this: "[exec] (Mozilla Firefox) {firefox}" without quotes of course. As you can see, the syntax puts the text that will appear on the menu in parentheses, while the binary's filename is in the braces.

See http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docs/en/newdoc.menuedit.php for more.

Good luck.

sc28
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
ok,im getting crazy here.
i thought i had done it right,but no.
can anyone please help me set up torrentflux and ftp?
i could not find any guide on torrentflux :blink:

fisherman
04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Why don't you just stick with uTorrent ?

I'm using a vectoral box with these specs >>

Intel® Pentium™ IV 1.6 GHZ
512MB DDR-RAM
40GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD

I never have any probs using uTorrent through wine and using Wicscp as my FTP client.

I'm not familiar with torrentflux so unfortunately I can't help you out there.

Good luck in whatever you choose mate ;)

upGrayde
04-19-2008, 05:21 AM
i found firefox under apps > net > firefox [using ubuntu]

Groovy
04-20-2008, 02:41 AM
I need Help
Which One is the best Seedbox Provider
with Good Speed and Reasonable HD Capacity
Not Expensive