PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox: 3 Friends...Same IP

tyman
04-09-2008, 10:06 PM
We are about to get a seedbox...me and three friends, and we are going to share it. We have mostly the same sites, and are going to use them all on the seedbox

Is it against the rules to seed and leech from the same IP, or is it just against the rules to login on the same IP. I tried sharing a seedbox with a friend before, and my HDBits and Waffles didn't work because users on the seedbox were already using it before I came.

If not against the rules, is there a restriction in the source code? Do I have to PM the mods to alert them what will be going on.

Theif
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I have seedbox with static ip and i have let so many friends used it in past and they all mostly used it for sct/bitme/bcg etc.

Nothing bad happened to them so i guess ip address policy varies from site to site.

For example, Thebox.bz doesn't allow any sort of ip sharing and bans the account

Kyl3KK
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Multiple users on 1 IP usually is against tracker rules. You should set up separate IPs.

Tokeman
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Multiple users on 1 IP usually is against tracker rules. You should set up separate IPs.
Depends on the tracker. A lot of sites will see that it's a seedbox based on its IP and not ban for multiple accounts on 1 IP. Best bet is to contact the admins and ask.

saintcarl
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes It deppends of the tracker. Maybe you should ask to a staff.
On TT I think it's not possible.

vicious
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
As long as you are not logging into the site with the same IP it should be fine.

If you want to be extra safe inform the staff.

sacebac
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Some seed boxes have 1, 2 or more ips..........

messi30
04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
You will havent none problem. You and your friends can use seedbox in almost all the trackers.

grimms
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Just contact staff on every tracker that you want to use the seedbox with for prior approval. You don't want to get banned over it.

ivenkii
04-10-2008, 02:06 AM
Just contact staff on every tracker that you want to use the seedbox with for prior approval. You don't want to get banned over it.
contact the staff even i use shared seedbox with my frnd nothing happened up to now....

ceasar
04-10-2008, 05:10 AM
It's not about the IP, it's about passcode. Most trackers are using passcode to identify Dl/Ul. And yeah, when you log in you using your home connection and home IP, not the seedbox one. So, unless you guys sharing the same home connection you should be fine with sharing seedbox with same IP.
"Won't work on some sites" may come from different reason, like client installed on seedbox not allowed on the site, or smth else. This all can be clearified by asking on IRC or reading the forums/FAQ