PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is this the end of SuperTorrents ?

Th3end
04-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Ersan (Yes the real Ersan) came into a bunch of well known tracker irc channels (DH, TD...) and pm'd all the users the following message.

"Just thought you guys would like to know- http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted-private-torrent-sites-2008-080330/all-comments/#comments (Read last comment (comment number 195) ) No More ST & STM Enjoy it while it lasts."

So I checked out TF and this is a copy of what he is referring to:

195 Apr 10, 2008 at 14:57 by Karen

Hey sup guys I am a mod at ST, just to confirm that Ersan will be shutting down ST and STM due to a security breach with some of the staff members. Apparently, information such as IP’s, Email Address, Release logs etc were relayed to an external site. Due to this unfortunate event, some of our new staff were quickly demoted and banned. We are sorry for any problems caused, but it’s for our own good, and for the safety of all current ST and STM users, the sites will be shutdown soon.

—————————

Session Start: Wed Apr 09 13:27:52 2008
Session Ident: #staff

[19:46] Anything you guys want to tell me ?
[19:46] sup ?
[19:47] well, I heard something about a staff member at ST being relaying data to another site..
[19:47]…
[19:47] WTF ? when was this ?
[19:47] doesn’t matter when, what matters is who..and my guess is..
* Ersan sets mode: +b *!*@DDD8DE.D72D56.FC449F.7FEA0F
* Blackcore was kicked by Ersan (GTFO you stupid noob)
[19:47] wow..
[19:47] what was relayed ?
[19:48] ip’s, user logs, release logs, email…
[19:48] Omg…what’s going to happen now then ?
[19:48] No idea, and I don’t think it’s safe to keep the two sites up…will be shutting them down soon, need to fix this up.
[19:49]…

—————————

Well that's all I know for now, Ersan hasn't replied to my PM about this yet, but anybody else have info on this? I know this is not the first time ST was targeted, but this could have some kind of connection...

grimms
04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
200 (http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted-private-torrent-sites-2008-080330/comment-page-1/#comment-340277) Apr 10, 2008 at 19:22 by Ersan (comment 200)

All of the above, and more than likely below, is untrue about supertorrents and stmusic. The sites will remain up, and I most certainly wouldn’t be spamming forums and comments stating it was going to be taken down if it were, it would just go offline. Sorry torrentfreak for inciting people to spam these comments, if I did in fact do so. I’m pretty sure that nobody’s taking any of this seriously, but just in case.

HDR
04-10-2008, 06:40 PM
STM is going down, forever? NO!!! :cry:

Thanks for the bad news:cry:

grimms
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM

Read my previous post right above yours. Ersan responded to those ridiculous accusations. Also click on the link he is poster 200 on that link the OP provided.

Hiccup
04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
These are fake. No need to panic. Somebody just spamming everywhere.

HDR
04-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Read my previous post right above yours. Ersan responded to those ridiculous accusations. Also click on the link he is poster 200 on that link the OP provided.

Oh, now that's better.:happy:

Thank you:happy::)

PS: I was reading the thread and after reading it i've used the Quick Reply, that's why i didn't see your post because your post wasn't there:mellow:

ramishka
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Ersan (Yes the real Ersan) came into a bunch of well known tracker irc channels (DH, TD...) and pm'd all the users the following message.

"Just thought you guys would like to know- http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted-private-torrent-sites-2008-080330/all-comments/#comments (Read last comment (comment number 195) ) No More ST & STM Enjoy it while it lasts."

Hey sup guys I am a mod at ST, just to confirm that Ersan will be shutting down ST and STM due to a security breach with some of the staff members. Apparently, information such as IP’s, Email Address, Release logs etc were relayed to an external site. Due to this unfortunate event, some of our new staff were quickly demoted and banned. We are sorry for any problems caused, but it’s for our own good, and for the safety of all current ST and STM users, the sites will be shutdown soon.

—————————

Session Start: Wed Apr 09 13:27:52 2008
Session Ident: #staff

[19:46] Anything you guys want to tell me ?
[19:46] sup ?
[19:47] well, I heard something about a staff member at ST being relaying data to another site..
[19:47]…
[19:47] WTF ? when was this ?
[19:47] doesn’t matter when, what matters is who..and my guess is..
* Ersan sets mode: +b *!*@DDD8DE.D72D56.FC449F.7FEA0F
* Blackcore was kicked by Ersan (GTFO you stupid noob)
[19:47] wow..
[19:47] what was relayed ?
[19:48] ip’s, user logs, release logs, email…
[19:48] Omg…what’s going to happen now then ?
[19:48] No idea, and I don’t think it’s safe to keep the two sites up…will be shutting them down soon, need to fix this up.
[19:49]…

—————————

Well that's all I know for now, Ersan hasn't replied to my PM about this yet, but anybody else have info on this? I know this is not the first time ST was targeted, but this could have some kind of connection...

All this site going down claims are bullsh1t. Ersan has made a forum post about both sites future. He's actually going to make some improvements, not to shut any of them down.
However since most of ST's uploaders have left the site, there is a shortage of daily uploads right now. But no shutdown in the horizon as i see it.

P.S.- The dude who made the thread has created similar threads at several other file sharing forums. Apparently he's pissed off at Ersan for some reason and is engaged in an smear campaign against ST. Lame

Nemrod
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Mmmm... two posts and against somebody specifically... it sounds very suspicious to me.

whiteyes
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Ersan (Yes the real Ersan)
How do you know it's THE real Ersan came into irc channel?
Everyone can join any irc channel using any nickname whcih isn't used by others at the same time.

Th3end
04-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Everyone seems to be defending the tardy sysop of ST, and yet none of you know the truth. Have you wondered why there is a shortage of uploads, or why the site seems to slowly degrade... He says he has plans to make it better, my guess is he'll make it even worse. When was this "Oo So Great" sysop ever did anything good. ST is a pay2leech site, and more than enough of you have handed your well owned money to this greedy sysop, so much that he's got enough money to feed the whole of Africa. Think of it in a logical way, why would such a crap tracker cost $2500 to run ? I have more information to be reveled, and if you think this is some BS, think again.

DarkLured
04-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Weak site these days, I left a while ago. Needs to be revitalized or just pull the plug.

Th3end
04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I would go with the second option, "pull the plug." Cause it's just a waste of space imho.

grimms
04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm starting to think the OP is the guy spreading this mess. Either show 100% proof or don't mention stuff like this. Nothing good will come out of it and it will become full of spam like this thread now. Yes including my post.

Th3end
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
grimms, if you are not a member of ST, then you won't see the bigger picture. Where as I have, noticed how crap st has gotten over time, including the security leeks, of data being thrown around like trash. If the sysop can't prevent such things from happening then why bother running a tracker. I say shut this damm thing down, before a anything bad happens. Here is a question, what would happen if the user list/logs where ceased by, ermm lets say anti-piracy groups. Nearly 20k users will have a fair bit of chance of facing some serious consequences...Who knows what will happen to that data...

grimms
04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
grimms, if you are not a member of ST, then you won't see the bigger picture. Where as I have, noticed how crap st has gotten over time, including the security leeks, of data being thrown around like trash. If the sysop can't prevent such things from happening then why bother running a tracker. I say shut this damm thing down, before a anything bad happens. Here is a question, what would happen if the user list/logs where ceased by, ermm lets say anti-piracy groups. Nearly 20k users will have a fair bit of chance of facing some serious consequences...Who knows what will happen to that data...

If you present the proof then there is a huge problem in Houston. Show the proof. Don't make accusations before hand. I know we are not all going to like the way some trackers are run, due to arrogant power hungry staff, unrealistic rules, or whatever else... but you gotta have proof to back these claims up. If they are true then there is a huge problem like i said.:)

Plus I don't think fst is the proper outlet unless private info is giving out or hacked by members of the site but it should be presented by tracker staff.

Th3end
04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I got the information at Torrent Freak, if I had proof I would have handed it in a long time ago. I don't want these money hungry scum bags running trackers and providing crap services to users who thinks they are getting something good out of it.

grimms
04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
^^Well then keep that to yourself or use the pm feature(Private Message) and pm your friends. Honestly I may understand and hear where your coming from (Not agreeing). But in the long run people just don't care. Unless there private details are being given out and there is proof to back those claims up. Other then that your falling on deaf ears or wasted letters.

S3v3N
04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
200 (http://torrentfreak.com/most-coveted-private-torrent-sites-2008-080330/comment-page-1/#comment-340277) Apr 10, 2008 at 19:22 by Ersan (comment 200)

All of the above, and more than likely below, is untrue about supertorrents and stmusic. The sites will remain up, and I most certainly wouldn’t be spamming (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../#) forums and comments stating it was going to be taken down if it were, it would just go offline. Sorry torrentfreak for inciting people to spam these comments, if I did in fact do so. I’m pretty sure that nobody’s taking any of this seriously, but just in case.Thank you for clearing things up .

Patriot foreve
04-10-2008, 09:09 PM
glad to know it's fake news,both are nice trackers especially stmusic

Nemrod
04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Once the truth has been stated, I suggest this thread be closed.

S3v3N
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Once the truth has been stated, I suggest this thread be closed.

thank you , your suggestion has been taken into consideration .

pimfram
04-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Looks fake as hell.

Blackbeard
04-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Looks fake as hell.

yes it does there is no nicknames on that log.

EDIT: it is fake i found this on their irc channel.

[20:23:13] * Now talking in #s****t******
[20:23:13] * Topic is 's****t***** - Site: UP Tracker: UP Invites: NONE | Ignore the crappy spam. ST is not closing. EVAR!!!!'
[20:23:13] * Set by Toker on Thu Apr 10 17:06:52

pone44
04-11-2008, 06:12 AM
jealousy?

fOrUmAs
04-11-2008, 12:27 PM

ST sucks anyway,this Ersan guy/girl whatever have destroy site if u ask me,many good staff members have gone and few uploaders,i would like this to be true at least for ST..

Islander_IBG
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
If u goys need proof , then ask for our new home FreeTheScene.net

u can find all ex-staff and ex-uploaders in FTS .......

this guy is telling the truth.....

would i be mad to delete my 800gigs of UPLOADER acc & also would "Takashi" a moderator who had upped 14TB delete his acc suddenly for no reason.....

Th3end
04-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Ersan, just face it! You know the site can never be what it was like before, not even close. As a fellow staffer had stated on a TF article "You can't code to save your self" or something along those lines. Many staff left for a reason, and for one reason only, they couldn't stand Ersan. Ooo, and about the uploaders, well this is something way more sad than Ersan is. Remember when Ersan got hacked, well this "trusty" sysop all you "I love Ersan fags" claim him to be, is not very trustful at all, well not when he is giving out ip's of all the uploaders to "the scene" to get them to stop hacking him...oops, did I say that out loud. And to all you newfags, that will reply with "OMFGZ FAKEZOR...blah blah", double check with Ersan, he'll either give you the answer, or ban you from is crappy site - which won't be that bad after all. NJOY !