PDA

View Full Version : What should one do with forgotten toys?

100%
04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Please advise.
Cause 50% is getting decadent.

Made a pillar and a bed frame out his lego, but as for the rest...

http://b.imagehost.org/0440/DSCF1132_9.jpg

http://b.imagehost.org/0440/DSCF1119.jpg

manker
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Tell people you're taking them to the charity shop but store them in your shed so that you have more fuel for the next fire you have in the garden.

That's what any sane person would do.

Squeamous
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, when I was a kid my dad would routinely have a clearout of my toy box and give my toys to children in the street we lived on, guilt tripping me with the virtues of generosity.

When he's old and infirm and I can finally run faster than him (the day will come) I am going to give away his fishing gear to the newly retired :sly:.

Squeamous
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Can I just ask, was this thread an excuse to play with your son's toys? Hmmmm?

chalice
04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll have the Postman Pat van please.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Why have you laid them out on a salt plain.

100%
04-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Tell people you're taking them to the charity shop but store them in your shed so that you have more fuel for the next fire you have in the garden.

That's what any sane person would do.

Indeed met a guy who put his daughters barbi stuff in an oven, let it melt halfway. Looked yummier than it was.

Well, when I was a kid my dad would routinely have a clearout of my toy box and give my toys to children in the street we lived on, guilt tripping me with the virtues of generosity.

When he's old and infirm and I can finally run faster than him (the day will come) I am going to give away his fishing gear to the newly retired :sly:.

So you think parents should keep ALL toys of their kids until they are old enough to decide what to do with them on ebay?

Can I just ask, was this thread an excuse to play with your son's toys? Hmmmm?

Exactly :01: There are billions of cool things to do with them.

I'll have the Postman Pat van please.

Pat is still "cool" sort of,on occasion, soon to be space filler. Will contact you as soon as.

Wrong on two accounts.
1. cocaine
2. He (50%) lined them up. (it's his new thing, after seeing "cars" movie where they all line up to race.) They are his fav toys, only cars. Its the stuffed toys section which need an alternate function.

Plus the little baby stuff.

Something Else
04-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Keep em in the attic for the grand-kids. :smilie4:

In the mean time you could give em to someone else's kids that you like to play with until they grow out of them.

Squeamous
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
So you think parents should keep ALL toys of their kids until they are old enough to decide what to do with them on ebay?

Yes :cry:

Biggles
04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I had a good collection of airfix models and model armies - never did find out what happened to them :idunno:

Mum was a bit mental though - in fact still is ... got a text from her today "your friend Sparks' name was ()" I was like "Yeah why"?
Reply "He's dead" :(

100%
04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry about Sparks.
Childhood friends are part you.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I had a good collection of airfix models and model armies - never did find out what happened to them :idunno:

Mum was a bit mental though - in fact still is ... got a text from her today "your friend Sparks' name was ()" I was like "Yeah why"?

Fuck sake, Les' Mum is harsher than a manker on the blob.

Sorry for your loss like Les.

Biggles
04-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Sorry about Sparks.

Cheers - his brother and he were good friends of mine back in the 70s/80s. His younger brother died a few years ago - he really got hooked on the bottle (a bit of a problem up in the Highlands). I haven't found out how Sparks died yet. My mother is on the case.

chalice
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM

I totally glagged my bawls orf at that, Les.

Sorry.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry about Sparks.

Cheers - his brother and he were good friends of mine back in the 70s/80s. His younger brother died a few years ago - he really got hooked on the bottle (a bit of a problem up in the Highlands). I haven't found out how Sparks died yet. My mother is on the case.

Hopefully she'll break the actual details a bit more gentlier.

Biggles
04-10-2008, 06:44 PM

Fuck sake, Les' Mum is harsher than a manker on the blob.

Sorry for your loss like Les.

She is harsh to the max - no mistake.

Old Geezer
04-10-2008, 10:13 PM

Would you for once speak English? Is your mind disabled all the time? It would appear so.

CrabGirl
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
What's difficult to understand about "Have you laid them out on a salt plain"? :confused:

Old Geezer
04-10-2008, 10:21 PM
What's difficult to understand about "Have you laid them out on a salt plain"? :confused:

No such thing as a salt plain. Makes about as much sense as your next reply "manker on the blob." You people just make up words. I am going to post like you do. People see it what a blob ie skunk ice.

chalice
04-10-2008, 10:22 PM

Would you for once speak English? Is your mind disabled all the time? It would appear so.

Geezer, how comes you're such a wankstain?

Is it because you can't have sex anymore?

Because that doesn't stop most people from being decent human beings on this forum.

Or maybe it's because you have realised that your happy days are over and you just can't stand it.

You silly, silly old cunt.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Worst troll in the World ever. :glag:

CrabGirl
04-10-2008, 10:27 PM

No such thing as a salt plain. Makes about as much sense as your next reply "manker on the blob." You people just make up words. I am going to post like you do. People see it what a blob ie skunk ice.

Don't call me "you people". I was just asking a question about what was difficult to understand.

For your information Salt Plains are a geographic feature resulting from the evaporation of an expanse of saltwater leaving a large expanse of salty ground. Check your facts before you abuse people for the sake of it.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Don't rise to it ffs. The blokes trolling, why feed it.

Old Geezer
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM

Don't call me "you people". I was just asking a question about what was difficult to understand.

For your information Salt Plains are a geographic feature resulting from the evaporation of an expanse of saltwater leaving a large expanse of salty ground. Check your facts before you abuse people for the sake of it.

Well as I said before. You people are definitely not from this planet. You would not last as long as a fart in a windstorm at any other forum.

CrabGirl
04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I can't help it! It makes me feel rage and right now I have a lot of rage to express. :lol:

Snee
I'm not really sure what he's angry about anyways. Is it that he doesn't get what people who weren't talking to him were talking about? :unsure:

It's not as if "on the blob" or "salt plain" aren't googlable, like :blink:

CrabGirl
I don't think I've seen this one before... has he been good?

Biggles
04-10-2008, 10:32 PM

Well as I said before. You people are definitely not from this planet. You would not last as long as a fart in a windstorm at any other forum.

There are other forums?

Old Geezer
04-10-2008, 10:38 PM

I've been around 78 years. Anyone still using Windows 95 can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer. I was born in the morning but not this morning. I read and understand English quite well and you people appear to use the English language at the level of a first grader.

Snee
04-10-2008, 10:39 PM

:idunno: he's certainly not one of my interwebs-nemesii.

I've only scrolled past him in passing, like, before :unsure:

He's a big fan of JP, though, it seems.

Edit: and a merkin, going by his linguistic skillz :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Not even amusing, he really is rubbish at it.

I can see the point of a decent troll. Fair do's at least they make me laugh.

However if you want a direction to vent your spleen, that's as good as any. Just bear in mind that he'll be sitting there, getting a wee bit of a semi, thinking that you've risen to the bait.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM

I've been around 78 years. Anyone still using Windows 95 can't be the sharpest knife in the drawer. I was born in the morning but not this morning. I read and understand English quite well and you people appear to use the English language at the level of a first grader.

See

chalice
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
The sad thing is, I don't even think he's trolling.

I think he's genuinely bemused by our wordplay.

Nevertheless, he be dead soon.

So, win for the wurld.

Mr JP Fugley
04-10-2008, 10:49 PM
The sad thing is, I don't even think he's trolling.

I think he's genuinely bemused by our wordplay.

Don't be ridiculous, no-one is that befuddled.

It's faux semi-literacy and well you know it.

Biggles
04-10-2008, 10:49 PM

:idunno: he's certainly not one of my interwebs-nemesii.

I've only scrolled past him in passing, like, before :unsure:

He's a big fan of JP, though, it seems.

Edit: and a merkin, going by his linguistic skillz :dabs:

First grader is definitely Merkin. That said, J2, Clocker, Hairbautt and a host of others get it so it is no excuse :idunno:

Proper Bo
04-10-2008, 11:09 PM
cunt apple, ftw

CrabGirl
04-10-2008, 11:12 PM

However if you want a direction to vent your spleen, that's as good as any. Just bear in mind that he'll be sitting there, getting a wee bit of a semi, thinking that you've risen to the bait.

And if he's got a semillion then he likes his wine. So we might get on.

chalice
04-10-2008, 11:17 PM

And if he's got a semillion then he likes his wine. So we might get on.

Naw, girl, he had the prostate aids.

He's buggered.

bornwithnoname
04-11-2008, 05:22 PM
100% ya can't give away your kids toys.... thats just wrong:angry:

It seems like I have this same conversation with the missus on a regular basis.:frusty:

CrabGirl
04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I made my nephew sort through his millions of toys when I was last at home. He lives with my parents and they don't have a lot of room. I asked him to choose some which he didn't play with as much or that he didn't like as much as others and we'd give them to the "poor children", He was very good about it and we cleared loads without getting rid of anything good, just all the cheap plastic shit they tend to accumulate. This taught him to share, not to hoard, and gave him the impression he wasn't growing up in a poor household.

Child manipulation FTW!!!!

Squeamous
04-12-2008, 09:52 PM
That's exactly the spiel I got :angry:.

CrabGirl
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
That's exactly the spiel I got :angry:.

And did you grow up to be a materialistic little hoarder?

Squeamous
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I like stuff, but I suppose I throw out old stuff before I buy new stuff. Being limited to a one bedroom flat kind of helps :D.

Seriously, no I suppose not.