PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers/VPN recommends?

dunkItOut
04-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm new to this business of dedicated servers and VPNs. I'm looking to get one for just a month. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one, just need one to buffer my accounts for a month. Seeing as I'm a noob, are there any recommends from you guys? I'm based in the US. I've heard of OvH, but heard that it's only for Europeans...

Appreciate the help.

mountpj04
04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Try vps4less... Its cheap (3-4 euros /5-6 dollars), and not hard to use. I got some help setting it up, but it was easy to use, and you could probably find someone here that could help you..
You can easily buffer your accounts using this vps.. And its so cheap! really, you should try it.. after one week i felt i had alreaddy buffered enought! heeh.. Check it out man :)

dunkItOut
04-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Try vps4less... Its cheap (3-4 euros /5-6 dollars), and not hard to use. I got some help setting it up, but it was easy to use, and you could probably find someone here that could help you..
You can easily buffer your accounts using this vps.. And its so cheap! really, you should try it.. after one week i felt i had alreaddy buffered enought! heeh.. Check it out man :)

Alright, I'll check this out. How much do these store? I'm thinking of getting some larger type files every now and then...

mountpj04
04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I only had 1 gb hd space..didn't need more (but you can pay more to get more).. only dl like two rar files and seeded those for a little while (per file).. Can recommend seeding on games and popular movies.. If you are thinking of downloading first with the vps, and than transfer the files to your own computer, i would advice you to simply download it with your homeline,..which will go much faster that transfering..Hope this can be to some help :)

dythim
04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
You can check out vectoral, hosting-ie, or leaseweb.

I hope you also mean VPS, not VPN. :)

markupmaster
04-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Try Searching...

;)

Also,

Here's a helpful link...

http://torrent-source.net/?p=64

:)

puckface
04-12-2008, 12:50 AM
hosting-ie