PDA

View Full Version : PC GAMING starting to SUCK

fakiefakes
04-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I was just wondering why are PC GAMERS being shit on by the developers. i.e delayed releases (ASSASSINS CREED and GTA 4, COD 4 new maps) Anyway guess I'm venting a bit, just bought ASSASSINS CREED hoping the minimum specs wouldn't be that "BIG" of a deal .... but the game plays like complete ass on my system. Oh well ... should have been smarter and grab it from usenet Such a god damn moron!!!

If you feel like venting or bashing ....by all means, start punching.

YoYoY
04-11-2008, 12:12 AM
yea , you just have to upgrade your pc every month to play a damn game :P

IdolEyes787
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I love my computer games but really consoles are where the future lies.
What percentage of computers can run these games on high settings anyway,1% or less?
At least with a console you are going to be able to play the game the way the developers intended without constantly having to upgrade.
First Crysis with it's ridiculous requirements and now Assassin's Creed the first game that demands duo core.
Funny thing is nobody would call either of these the greatest game ever.
I'm with you fun before technology.

Smith
04-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I like my computer more than my 360 still, 360 doesn't have PR :P

Shiranai_Baka
04-11-2008, 02:52 AM
I bought a wii and I find myself just leaving my wii out to collect dust. I'm always on the PC so I guess its just a preference. I believe consoles are just a simple way of playing games without all the need of the technical know how of setting up settings and etc.

LostInParadise
04-11-2008, 03:27 AM
The will always be a place in the gaming market for the pc, some things are best left to a keyboard and mouse. It seems more and more that games for consoles are only ported to the pc as an afterthought or a late release.

Skiz
04-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Assassins Creed is fairly demanding, but once you play the game you'll understand why; The graphics are amazing.

I have a two year old PC and it still exceeds the "recommended" requirements and thus am able to run the game on the highest graphics related settings.

Crysis however is a bit strange. I easily meet the minimum requirements but get far too much lag to play the game. A friend has a better PC than me which almost meets the "recommended" settings, and it even lags for him. :unsure:

sch0k
04-11-2008, 06:35 PM

Second that.

Just as I upgraded it, new games are on the way, expecting MORE!

Skiz
04-11-2008, 08:12 PM

Second that.

Then quit buying hardware that only meets the current minimum requirements for games. Buy/Build a good PC every 3 years or so and you can keep up with 99% of what's released.

Again, my PC is 2 years old already and still plays everything at the highest quality. Heck, I'm playing Assassin's Creed with only one of my 7900 GTX's enabled. (SLI is off) and my processor clock speeds still rank in the top 1% according to PCPitStop.

Also, hardware isn't even that expensive anymore so long as you don't buy the stuff in the initial month of it's release.

WarrenBuffet
04-11-2008, 08:24 PM
2 9800gx2's work just great :)

cpt_azad
04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Second that.

Then quit buying hardware that only meets the current minimum requirements for games. Buy/Build a good PC every 3 years or so and you can keep up with 99% of what's released.

Amen. I love my PC, I rarely touch my 360 anymore (that and because it fucking RROD'ed on me recently <_<).

Grind$oFine
04-12-2008, 03:05 AM
I personally, would rather play on the consoles than PC.
The only games I ever play on PC are ones that are only on PC or there are a lot more features on the PC version.

If you have a nice TV, it's a no-brainer. Especially if you don't hook your computer up to your TV to play games. I do, but it probably isn't as convenient for everyone else.
And it's nice to have a computer free to look for walk-throughs while you're playing on your console.:P

As far as lagging goes, my computer has always exceeded minimum requirements and I constantly have lagging issues in quite a few games. And there is nothing worse than lag to ruin a game. Esp. shooters. Can you say "dead"?

LaPistola
04-12-2008, 03:27 AM
2 9800gx2's work just great :)
rich bastard :p im looking at your specs in your profile. Did you buy it or your parents? I got 1 9600gt

fOrUmAs
04-12-2008, 04:02 PM

this is why i hate to play on PC and that is probably the reasone why i dont play PC games at all..u play the best games and u dont need to upgrade anything with console :)

spidey99
04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
i also think that pc gaming is about to die.i mean it became something like "elite" or luxury.to play a game as in the quality of the consoles you have to triple a xbox360's price which is dsiturbing.also you may have to change your graphci card 2 years later as the games may need ShaderModel546 to run...

Bucktoof
04-22-2008, 06:33 AM
My biggest gripe with PC gaming is hacking, and just how rampant it is online. Lag is a close second.

I use to love PC gaming and wasn't a console fan, unless at a friend's house and we were all playing together. That was one thing a console always had that was better than a PC, in person multiplayer. Remember goldeneye anyone? :D That made for many good times. I couldn't be bothered wasting my time lugging my computer to LAN with others.

All of my friends who game on PC as opposed to consoles burn their games, and do not buy them. One has caved and he bought a couple games for the keys, but you can always find keys online so they don't pay for them. Then you look at me and my console friends, and we buy games (though I had an HD in my ps2 but I still bought most of my games). Console gamers spend more money. The PC gaming group is large, you'll get them paying for MMOs like WoW but to get them to buy a disc, usually a tougher sell

WardenRo
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Developers prefer to code for consoles because they don't have to check and test all the different drivers, operating systems and hardware configuration. Thus they can optimize the game perfectly and make it run smoothly without any lag. That's why there will always be problems and delays with PC games and that's why they release patches to fix different bugs reported by users.
Personally I prefer PC games (I mean controlling a shooter on any console sucks), but it seems like they're slowly stepping down from the stage :( .

Septimus
04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Itīs much easier to develop a console game tan a PC game because nowadays is cheaper to buy a PS3, Wii or X-Box 360 than to update your computer for every single demanding PC Games

JakeusZ
04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Piracy is too rampant for companies to make a good profit off of computer games.

pwarrier
05-09-2008, 03:58 PM
all platforms have its own pros and cons ....
pc games are never on the decline ... pc gamers feel more comfortable with pc ....console games are a different feel .... its a truth that at the moment nothing can beat the pc gaming experience ..

formos
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
pc are good for rts and adventure games but consoles are best for action

DATTER
05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I have Xbox 360, but i prefer PC! Is the best for play games.

C-mos
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
...my computer works fine..I hope it will be good another two years :O:)