PDA

View Full Version : I hate CAPTCHA

TP635
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
For the 6 times I failed to signed up for TorrentBytes because of the 2 layers of captcha. Why can't they make it simpler.
I wonder if there are people here who have the same problem, not necessarily on that site but when faced with very difficult CAPTCHA.

Disme
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
What do you prefer Captcha ... or offline trackers.
Sometimes Captcha can be a bitch but they don't use it just for fun.

TP635
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Not when they are impossible to read...

Disme
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Have had that a few times before but refreshing once was enough to get me a decent image I could read.

TP635
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
For this particular site it has two; the first one can be refresh but not the second one. After reading the thread on the best low level trackers I just have to try that site out. But give up.

Disme
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe they didn't want you in and did it on purpose :P

saqib
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
it becomes annoying sometimes but as disme said when u ll refresh it , it ll give u nice image , but it is strange that TB has 2 layers of it...

TP635
04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe they didn't want you in and did it on purpose :P

Now I know why.:O
Do you happen to have an extra account?:P

madbeer
04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
you can try http://www.captchakiller.com/

C-mos
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Not when they are impossible to read...

+1

IdolEyes787
04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
For the 6 times I failed to signed up for TorrentBytes because of the 2 layers of captcha. Why can't they make it simpler.
I wonder if there are people here who have the same problem, not necessarily on that site but when faced with very difficult CAPTCHA.

It happens to everyone I think.The problem is poorly designed CAPTCHA.
Things like O and the number 0 should never be used and others like 1 and l , 9 and g, 4 and A can be a bitch to tell apart
Also CAPTCHA surrounds should also not resemble letters .

TP635
04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
@madbeer (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/madbeer-180763)

Look very interesting...

vicious
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
You'd rather have hacked accounts on your site ?

BReal13
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
this is funny ...robot:D:D:D

What's a CAPTCHA? - Its a funny, blurry, textual image that prevents robots from automating the web. Blind people can't see the image, and can't use the website!

fOrUmAs
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
since Torrentleech added they CAPTCHA i have used site very low,sometimes i cant read what word is and that piss me...

ShadowsServant
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
It is a bit too much, I would appreciate it if they'd tone down on the difficulty of the captcha.

Horatiu
04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Everybody hates captcha.
I understand implementing it in site like google and stuff but bittorrent sites with a small userbase, come on :dabs:
This is a huge turn-off for the users, especially those with a dynamic ip.

J-dye
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Everybody hates captcha.
I understand implementing it in site like google and stuff but bittorrent sites with a small userbase, come on :dabs:
This is a huge turn-off for the users, especially those with a dynamic ip.

noob ^^
:dabs:

google "why captcha"

Swift
04-11-2008, 01:29 PM
everyone likes it !

Horatiu
04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
noob ^^
:dabs:

google "why captcha"

Go back and kiss some more ass, they miss you.
I am not a noob if i have an opinion - i don't like it, pure and simple.
You are one because you can't come here with arguments.
So you know, i'm not going to lower my standards and talk to you again.
Have a nice day.

superclover
04-11-2008, 05:44 PM
iTS have got one now.... ....sometimes its bloody difficult to read :O

tweakz
04-11-2008, 06:12 PM
If u do pass this CAPTCHA CRAP on TB, make sure u click on the faqs & rules, or eles u have to start all fuckin over.
Good luck!

P.S u must put 1 capital letter in ur password....

bklyn
04-11-2008, 07:25 PM
click the button on the side to change it until you get one thats easy to read, thats what i do

SgtMajor
04-11-2008, 11:31 PM
click the button on the side to change it until you get one thats easy to read, thats what i do

Stop being silly now, you know the simple things don't work round here, the drama queens would have nothing to complain about if they followed the common sense approach to problems like using multi-tabbed firefox & session restorer so you never see the captcha screens actually, and if you do end up seeing it, then keep pressing refresh to see words you can understand.

ceasar
04-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Registering at TB is like passing intellectual test, if you have enough brains in ya head you can do it, if not, sorry mate, try somewhere else. And it's not about captcha at all, they have couple tricks besides it ;)

vicious
04-12-2008, 12:28 AM

Stop being silly now, you know the simple things don't work round here, the drama queens would have nothing to complain about if they followed the common sense approach to problems like using multi-tabbed firefox & session restorer so you never see the captcha screens actually, and if you do end up seeing it, then keep pressing refresh to see words you can understand.

what's the trick with session restorer ? :wacko:

SgtMajor
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Session Manager is the correct term for the add on.

When you close firefox and all the tabs for your torrent sites it remembers where you where, so when you restart firefox you don't go through all the log in shit. Now, you could bookmark all the tabs for all your sites into one folder and then "crash" your firefox, restart firefox and restart that session and viola - right back where you where, now the clever folk will work out than you can keep that session for ever & ever and rename it to something like "My Torrent Sites" and it saves you logging in each time - just restore that session, when you add or remove sites, do as above and keep it updated.

Clever huh? :P

vicious
04-12-2008, 12:42 AM

When you close firefox and all the tabs for your torrent sites it remembers where you where, so when you restart firefox you don't go through all the log in shit. Now, you could bookmark all the tabs for all your sites into one folder and then "crash" your firefox, restart firefox and restart that session and viola - right back where you where, now the clever folk will work out than you can keep that session for ever & ever and rename it to something like "My Torrent Sites" and it saves you logging in each time - just restore that session, when you add or remove sites, do as above and keep it updated.

Gee thanks a lot for the info i might start use it ;)

TP635
04-12-2008, 09:34 AM

That is how I bypass them all AFTER I signed up. The difficult part is that captcha in the sign up page.

TP635
04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
After about a week of trying; at last I got in. hooooooooooooooory.:D

And it was worth every effort, with all the FL packs.

Rip The Jacker
04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
If u do pass this CAPTCHA CRAP on TB, make sure u click on the faqs & rules, or eles u have to start all fuckin over.
Good luck!

P.S u must put 1 capital letter in ur password....
I made this very mistake, and learned the hard way.

TB has absolutely the worst fucking CAPTCHA ever. I finally got it correct, didn't have a capital letter in the pass, start over. Didn't read the rules, start over. I swear... it took me about 23 attempts.

Then my account got disabled for inactivity. =D

TP635
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
If I did not make this thread, I would have given up. Those tips given by those who post here help me make it through.

clocktower
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
captcha is a site security like it or lump it stop hackers pfft no way

lsw0794
04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
i hate too
many has very stupid pictures

soulreaper
04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I hate captcha too,prod on your patience but can't do anything about it,so have to deal with it.

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I prefer the validations that have you select which animal is not a cat . Those are at least fun.

game1283
04-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Trying to overcome CAPTCHA is fun! :)