PDA

View Full Version : Is this host good for a seedbox?

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, im host a torrent site, http://darkbitz.com . I am looking for uploaders/seeders and im planning on getting a seedbox. Does this host for a seedbox looks good? or is anyone already using this host for a seedbox? mind telling me hows the speed and what do u think of the host?

I am planning on getting the Raptor2 plan, would it be good for a seedbox?

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/

Thanks,
Rulebreaker

hey, i need some help here, im planning on getting the VPS Raptor 2 but it has only 256mb RAM and i dont see any upgrade options, would that be enought for running torrentflux? but i would rather use windows with utorrent webui but i saw a few other threads talking about hosting-ie that windows requires 1gb ram?

Sanka113
04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
It sure is. Use the search button and you can find a few threads on how nice hosting-ie is.

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
yea..i used the search button and saw many threads about people saying how good/bad te host it but the problem now is it has only 256mb ram and many post says to run windows 2003 with utorrent webui would require 512mb or 1gb ram? and i cant find any upgrade option for the server unless i get the raptor 3 but i dont have the money currently.

superclover
04-11-2008, 02:25 PM
well i have a OVH with 256mb ram, that is fine for utorrent webui, i had around 15 torrents max active, so if you have more then i dont know

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 02:27 PM
oh i see so that would be a good deal for raptor 2 i guess?

dunson
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
That HD is too small...even my Raptor 5 is too small. :(

Get a dedi or at least upgrade the HD. The hosting company is fine though. :D

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
i dont see any options allowing me to upgrade only HDD for raptor 2 i cant get a dedi because im corrently broke..lol

looking for people to help my site =D

OmaRin0
04-11-2008, 03:11 PM
That HD is too small...even my Raptor 5 is too small. :(

Get a dedi or at least upgrade the HD. The hosting company is fine though. :D

+1
I already tried that host, it is good..
If u r going to use it for uploading to ur tracker, u should have more HD..

i advice u to get a windows seedbox cuz it's way easier to use..

TidusBlade
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
If you want, you can always get a Linux seedbox and install rTorrent on it ;)
Theres tons of guides to do that around, and it's easy. Plus it runs fine with 256MB RAM.

Unless you have no clue about Linux and are not willing to learn, then get Windows ;)
Will save you the headache.

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
oh i know how to use linux because my other laptop is linux but windows in still easier. btw if i get raptor 2 with 256mb would it still be able to run windows with utorrent webui or its impossible and can i upgrade from raptor 2 to raptor + at anytime?

TidusBlade
04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I know a friend who uses Windows on his 256MB seedbox, and he says it works okay, but uses up so much RAM and he has to limit his download and upload speed so as to not get disk overloads, and gets ~9MB/s.
And this other friend who has problems with his Windows, where if he downloads quick, the seedbox shuts down or something, he said it might be the hard disk but I dunno what happened after that...

rulebreaker
04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
ah i see..btw can i change plan from raptor 2 to raptor + when im halfway in the raptor 2 plan? so 256mb will work just have to limit the speed? i cant get the raptor+ currently because of some mone problem.

parky
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
If you go with hosting-ie be prepared to wait a few weeks for setup, unlike others leaseweb,ovh who set you up within 24 hours.
I ordered hosting-ie over 2 weeks ago still nothing.

rulebreaker
04-12-2008, 10:22 AM
well i dont mind waiting for that price and i heard that FTP transfer on leaseweb is counted too. Btw my question is wether windows with 256mb ram would run with utorrent and will i be able to change plan halfway throught a current plan. Anyone using raptor 2 VPS for seedbox? please give some info.

Thanks

so i should get linux? cmon someone please using this host with a raptor 2 host please tell me if windows works fine with 256mb or not.

TechnoMan80
06-06-2008, 05:13 AM
i dont see any options allowing me to upgrade only HDD for raptor 2 i cant get a dedi because im corrently broke..lol

looking for people to help my site =Dyou can always ask them after you will order your default server,
on Rabtor plus that is possible I know for sure
they can even add an dedicated HDD to your VDS

well i dont mind waiting for that pricethey are much better now with setup
people I know got servers in 2-3 days

so i should get linux? cmon someone please using this host with a raptor 2 host please tell me if windows works fine with 256mb or not.

are you waiting for an miracle?
it will works but it depends how you'll use it
VDS will never gives more than dedik box right?
so will dedic box works like you need with windows and 256RAm ?

so there is your answer.

TechnoMan80
12-30-2008, 05:33 AM
hi m8

if you think to upgrade ram, hdd cpu so far without going to higher packages you need Rabtor plus http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/78/

with Rabtor 2 Standard you can just go to higher packages without downtimes but you will need to pay for full package like rabtor 3 so far

if you stay with Rabtor 2 /Windows, make sure you do Not order Plesk