PDA

View Full Version : Not able to play Mpeg 2 decoded files

sanjana
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I am not able to play the .vob files or the files that is decoded with the Mpeg 2 coded.. It shows that the trial period for the decoded Mpeg 2 is expired.. Please visit bitcontrol.com... :(

I tried VLC player and it is of no use... and refuse to play the VOB files...Help me to fix this.:(

100%
04-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Which codecpack are you using?
Strange that vlc does not play it. (is vlc updated?)
Try this video and audio codec pack
K-Lite Codec Pack - http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Appzalien
04-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Your system should be able to play mpeg2 files on its own, you don't need bitcontrol for that. But what seems to have happened is the bitcontrol program hijacked control over mpeg2 to try and force you to pay them for what should be free. If I were you I would uninstall it if you can, and then try and get the windows Mpeg2 control back. Maybe you could reinstall your windows media player. First look at its help section and about Media player to see which version you have and then download a copy of it version9 or 10 or 11, whatever and reinstall to get your mpeg2 back.

Also uninstall any codec packs you have and don't use codec packs anymore. Just install separate codecs as you need them. Codec packs often cause more problems then they're worth. And installing more than one can really screw you up.

sanjana
04-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Your system should be able to play mpeg2 files on its own, you don't need bitcontrol for that. But what seems to have happened is the bitcontrol program hijacked control over mpeg2 to try and force you to pay them for what should be free. If I were you I would uninstall it if you can, and then try and get the windows Mpeg2 control back. Maybe you could reinstall your windows media player. First look at its help section and about Media player to see which version you have and then download a copy of it version9 or 10 or 11, whatever and reinstall to get your mpeg2 back.

Also uninstall any codec packs you have and don't use codec packs anymore. Just install separate codecs as you need them. Codec packs often cause more problems then they're worth. And installing more than one can really screw you up.

I agree with you... Codec packs sometime really screwed my comp recent past just because I can't play few files properly.. However When I install Vista in the same comp without many codecs I can play the same videos smoothly... I guess I need to uninstall all the codecs and install the Windows media player and try my luck..

Thanks for the help :)

BadFungus
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Yep , thats the solution. Uninstall all codecs and windows media player or any other by himself should play mpeg2.

Also if you plan getting codecs consider installing ffdshow. It consumes way less cpu than original DivX or XviD codecs, giving excellent quality results.

You can read its reviews from this reliable site and from other users http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm

Appzalien
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
When it comes to codecs I usually start with Divx and the Koepi's Xvid codec. the ffdshow codec mentioned above is ok but it takes some fooling around to use it. You have to access its configuration to activate specific codec segments. Then maybe an ac3 codec and an ogg codec if you like anime and thats about it. Any other codecs I install are program specific, for instance, dbpoweramp music converter has is own set of codecs and you install what you need to convert to and from, they must have 25 or more on their site. the same goes for cooledit pro, another audio converter/editor which does things dbpower can't do and is now Adobe audition or something, anyhoo cooledit has about 12 addon codecs so you can load and convert other things besides wav files. These codecs which are program specific will not mess with one another like codecs from a pack will. So my cooledit mp3 codec does not effect my dbpoweramp mp3 codec and so on.