PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid - Download/Upload & Ratio

DasFox
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Is the download/upload and ratio working on Demonoid right now? I've been seeding for about 18 hours and when I logged in today the download/upload and ratio were all zeros...

PEACE

MegLeetch
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Demonoid only actualize ratio one time for day .... i think.

Costello
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
yes it actaulize 1 day but for me dont working right now

tyman
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
make sure you didn't download an (external) torrent. Those are public trackers.

Aliyans
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
hi
so external trackers not counted..even though they r created n put up on demonoid..ho i seeded almost 100 gb.with an external torrent.:O

grimms
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Yea if it's external then you won't get the ratio credit which would suck big time for you. My condolences.

DasFox
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Oh CRAP I downloaded an external one, LOL, no wonder, well I won't do that again...

PEACE

jukesta
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I downloaded non-external, 3 days later and it stll didn't add it ...

mybe-NoRatioWeEk

BOOM
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Only torrents that u downloaded/uploaded with the same ip associated with your acc will count 4 your ratio!

Aliyans
04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
hi
lol..if its for buffering dont take external..but for downloading n watching its best to get external..its demonoid the safest place than any other open site where lots of pop ups n spyware waiting for u..i think its the reason why demonoid the great n favourite of most of torrenters..???

TP635
04-13-2008, 11:08 PM
But people don't get ban for bad ratio in Demonoid.

SgtMajor
04-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Totally no need to "buffer", lol, that's the best post I read all day, buffering on Demonoid, hehe, brilliant!! :D

buggyfresh
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
crazy..my ratio there hasn't changed despite dloading 2.6 GB on an internal torrent over the past 2 days.....strange!

mrnobody
04-14-2008, 12:16 AM

:yup:

but still having low ratio makes some feel a lil guilt (at least me lol)

beside, seeding 1:1 in demonoid is the easiest thing in the world...and that's one of the many reason i love 'em.

LIMEROCK
04-14-2008, 12:20 AM
thats my ratio atm I shit you not
Of course I havent DL'ed shit yet so yeah.....

legom
04-14-2008, 01:10 AM
In order to get your ratio to update you have to stop the torrent and then wait until the end of the day when they update stats. You can start the torrent again right after you stop it and the stats since that stop will get recorded next time you stop it.

ehsanotaku
04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
In order to get your ratio to update you have to stop the torrent and then wait until the end of the day when they update stats. You can start the torrent again right after you stop it and the stats since that stop will get recorded next time you stop it.

I am going to test it

buggyfresh
04-14-2008, 01:33 AM

never had to do that in all the years I've been there..I know it's once a day but I never stopped anything and it would update daily (even if it was incorrect as it can be at times there).

BOOM
04-14-2008, 01:35 AM

I am going to test it
Me too...and I will post the result here.

legom
04-14-2008, 01:36 AM
never had to do that in all the years I've been there..I know it's once a day but I never stopped anything and it would update daily (even if it was incorrect as it can be at times there).

I didn't used to have do it. But some time before they shut down, I had to start doing it and it seems that it's still the case. :(

jukesta
04-14-2008, 01:41 AM
i don't get demonoid...

legom
04-14-2008, 01:44 AM
i don't get demonoid...

From the FAQ:

Why doesn't Demonoid use a "live tracker"?
Demonoid tracks too many peers, and live-tracking would put too much of a strain on our server.

mrnobody
04-14-2008, 02:05 AM

just exiting the client does the job sometimes but not always

this way (manually stopping) works always.

TP635
04-14-2008, 02:46 AM

but still having low ratio makes some feel a lil guilt (at least me lol)

beside, seeding 1:1 in demonoid is the easiest thing in the world...and that's one of the many reason i love 'em.

Very, Very true. On public trackers I normally would have a 1:1 ratio when I finish dling. If not I just leave the torrent over night until I get the ratio.
I will not hesitate to stop if there are tons of seeders but will feel very guilty running away from a torrent with few seeds even if I have done my part seeding 1:1.

Aliyans
04-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Totally no need to "buffer", lol, that's the best post I read all day, buffering on Demonoid, hehe, brilliant!! :D
hi
As u need registration to get torrents n ur upload/download n ratio are shown there in no reason why not to buffer there...n the admin mods wont tolerate n heavy leecher who care only download.. considering the reputaution of demonoid in torrentworld it will be the no.1 public tracker where u would like to seed back..:naughty:[ sorry may be the term buffering is most suitalble to private]- but it litearally seeding back only right??:rolleyes:]

Ali-g
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Updating of ratio is once a day... But hell WHO THE FUCKKK cares I would seed there for a lifetime without getting any credit I jst love the site back and will give my little-big help to get it shine like once

Rilly
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
while on the topic of demonoid and ratio.. if you use a seedbox with torrentflux.. and you don't browse the site from your server.. i guess you'll never see any upload / download data counted?

dunson
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
while on the topic of demonoid and ratio.. if you use a seedbox with torrentflux.. and you don't browse the site from your server.. i guess you'll never see any upload / download data counted?

Yeah seems like it. I didn't get anything from a day or two of using a linux box without browsing to the site from that IP, but configuring it to report a home ip to the tracker works.