PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder If The Riaa Will Supeana Aol?

IamCool
08-07-2003, 02:05 AM
i wonder if it will happen. Since AOL is owned by Time Warner Cable, and Time Warner Cable is a member of the RIAA, do you think the RIAA will sue one of its own members?

Renegade720
08-07-2003, 02:23 AM
sure they will :)

Adster
08-07-2003, 03:06 AM
No it wont

kAb
08-07-2003, 03:30 AM
nope.

johnblaze
08-07-2003, 04:13 AM
i just got off aol. they sed the servers have come to a stop. they sed that they're getting TOSed left to right now. i dono the whole story, and i dono if its the RIAA. but they're getting on AOL's nuts now

goldmember
08-07-2003, 08:52 AM
why would they

dmorgan89
08-07-2003, 09:51 AM
isn't aol owned by donald trump?

DasScoot
08-11-2003, 03:13 AM
You only need a supeana if you're trying to make someone do something they don't want to do. All the RIAA needs to do is have AOL-Time Warner tell their AOL division to cooperate with the RIAA, and presto, the RIAA has pretty much everything on you.

So stop using AOL&#33; <_<

Faethe
08-11-2003, 07:18 AM
No - no one is sure about AOL just yet. A lot of speculation has been going on about why this may be.

The guy who heads AOL is running to be da Pres. of RIAA. May relate - may not.

Yes - AOL is a division of Time Warner. This does not mean the two have the same standards and practices. AOL is currently is deep shiat for playing fast and loose with accounting pratices - they have much less &#036; than previously stated.

It has been speculated that if Time Warner decides to screw AOL, that they will both die - much like ritualistic suicide.

So far, AOL has said nada on this whole subject, which is bad, because they are still the largest ISP in the world.

Advice - pay very close attention to what AOL does decide to do - everyone else is. By saying nothing they keep to the middle - a nice comfy spot to be - until they can see where the court cases go.

If AOL decides to play Nark - switch to WiFi or jump to Verizon. Verizon is at the very least trying to stand up to all this and refute the subpoena&#39;s it has recieved.

But see - AOL KNOWS you will jump to Verizon if they say anything - so no doubt - they will not be saying anything anytime soon. They need that revenue.

And if AOL&#39;s server are going apeshiat - its just because they suck like usual.

N£MO
08-11-2003, 07:25 AM
No they wont.

Who cares anyway,more chance of being hit by lightening on a summers day then being done for sharing files.

Keep on sharing and fuck the RIAA. :afro:

RealitY
08-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Faethe@11 August 2003 - 08:18
By saying nothing they keep to the middle - a nice comfy spot to be - until they can see where the court cases go.

But see - AOL KNOWS you will jump to Verizon if they say anything - so no doubt - they will not be saying anything anytime soon. They need that revenue.
There it is there....

Will They - Not untill the dust settles.
Eventually - Think they prefer NOT, since there is more to lose then gain.

They want their cake and eat it too...
F**king C**ksuckers.

chalkmongoose
08-11-2003, 07:40 AM
As said before, they have no need to issue any form of forced request for information. But, as was said in the Onion, if AOL would stop shoving free 30 day trials (now for both you and a friend) into all the corners of this world...

k-liteuserintheworld
08-11-2003, 03:04 PM
can I just point out that aol is not owned by time warner, they are partners :teehee:

mal007colm
08-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Actually AOL owns Time Warner I am pretty sure of it cause my sister worked for Warner for 8 years until they were bought by AOL.

The RIAA will still subpoena AOL cause that&#39;s the way it works. And AOL will happily hand over the requested information.

cppwarrior00
08-11-2003, 08:26 PM
AOL for dummies , well i firgure most the people use this isp are the one don&#39;t even know how to turn on a freaken computer, so RIAA figures well just bunch moron they wouldn&#39;t know how to download so not to worrie, and people might disagree with me i will prove you wrong most of the aol user are morons. i have friend works at the piece of shit isp

thank god my isp as very good privacy term, they say if any company or goverment request infomation about the customer infomation they let the customer know before they release any info , so if riaa choose to targe my isp i damn sure i am going to take my hard drive burn it , fuck it melt it just in case they try to recover it ..