PDA

View Full Version : Are there any trackers that ban if you don't dl anything for a while?

WarrenBuffet
04-15-2008, 01:55 AM
I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I check about all of my trackers at least every other day by logging in and browsing the forums or something to stay active. Are there any trackers that will actually ban you for not downloading something form the tracker for a certain period of time? I don't think their are, but who knows.

*EDIT READ BELOW
well least says none of my acc's are blank to start out with, liek they have at least a few TB's upped and a ratio of at least 10. Also, the class is at least a power user. If I don't download anything with those acc's for lets say, like a month, will they get disabled?

Aether
04-15-2008, 01:56 AM
There definitely are, you should check the rules section of all your trackers. From BMTV:
Accounts with less than 175MB in total Upload / Download activity per month may be disabled.

:pinch:

Crutavv
04-15-2008, 01:57 AM
HDBits /I think you have to download 1 GB per week/, iPLAY /same rule like BMTV/...

Xhester
04-15-2008, 01:57 AM
if you are inactive for some time they ban you :)

(I)
04-15-2008, 05:21 AM
What u talk about dude?

tutipute
04-15-2008, 05:30 AM
·:·);2785842']
*EDIT READ BELOW
well least says none of my acc's are blank to start out with, liek they have at least a few TB's upped and a ratio of at least 10. Also, the class is at least a power user. If I don't download anything with those acc's for lets say, like a month, will they get disabled?

If you are planning to go away just park your accounts. Othewise, i don't really understand what you are planning... If your accounts have "at least a few TB's upped and a ratio of at least 10" why the sudden should it all stop?
Are you playing hide and seek and your convinced that you just found the perfect spot?

VIZFX
04-15-2008, 05:54 AM
I think leaving an account inactive for a month is a bit risky. You may get banned, but like it has been mention before, it all depends on the tracker. Read their FAQ or forums for specific answer.

Cabalo
04-15-2008, 05:56 AM
hdbits less than 1gb per month and bye bye account. there is something similar at thevault.

vicious
04-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Yea i know some sites in which if you don't download more then the amount they've decided in the first month of your membership, your account will be disabled.

Swift
04-15-2008, 07:41 AM
hdbits.org :D

but why wouldn`t you use the acc ? are you a collector ?

if u don`t use them.. let them die and maybe somebody will need that spot more then you !

Grind$oFine
04-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Many trackers delete accounts that aren't being used enough. You can check the FAQs and Rules to find out for your specific trackers.
HDBits is one of the only trackers I know of that actually BANNED people who didn't use their accounts enough for their standards.

1000possibleclaws
04-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Many trackers delete accounts that aren't being used enough. You can check the FAQs and Rules to find out for your specific trackers.
HDBits is one of the only trackers I know of that actually BANNED people who didn't use their accounts enough for their standards.

that is what i was about to write. there is a difference between losing your account and getting your ip banned from the tracker

notyviv
04-15-2008, 09:23 AM
TTi deletes fresh accounts that have nothing downloaded or uploaded in the first week.

All sites have rules for deleting inactive accounts, different for every site so its better to check out the rules section for every site.

Ri0T
04-15-2008, 09:25 AM
SCC accounts with nothing uploaded nor downloaded are deleted after a week.

Swift
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM

would be nice to see that on every tracker .. this way no collectors !:naughty:

saqib
04-15-2008, 09:38 AM

would be nice to see that on every tracker .. this way no collectors !:naughty:

yeah , but i think its hard to implement on community based trackers.

Porsche_maniak
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
My answer is no.
They maight ban you if you are not active member (not visiting the tracker at least 1 time for month etc...)

RedApple
04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
SITR too made anouncement recently that says they will consider disabling accounts that just log-in to site and don't download/upload anything.