PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ammount of people using seedboxes

TetlyTea
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Its getting stupid the amount of people using seedboxes compared to normal downloaders just to boost there flippin ratio. I went onto ScT last night, and a pack had just been uploaded and they could of been people to boost ratio or people stealing and taking to another torrent site, i counted 15 out of 17 leechers were ovh users of leeware etc etc, its just stupid, the pack was over 25gb so i highly doubt these users were going to download to home, yeah there handy but with all the ratios you still have to share back to 0.4 or seed for 24 hrs anyway, a big ratio may look good, but it doesnt make your penis any bigger does it? Im sorry but its just stupid. Its unfair on normal users trying to keep a straight ratio when you get so many numbnuts just trying to get a bigger ratio to trade there account for a l33t account of something. :ermm:

t0mmy
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
nice rant, but it wont stop people from using seedboxes and ive got to admit when i still had mine, it was so easy, now its back to hustling to seed back lol :)

metanaboll112
04-15-2008, 02:17 PM
nope, but faster upload = bigger penis

punki_rach
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Well if there weren't loads of seedboxes you'd be complaining about terrible speeds...

TetlyTea
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Well yeah fair enough does make speeds just that bit faster, theres just too many people trying to get a big hit to make there ratio bigger. stupid.

fOrUmAs
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Its getting stupid the amount of people using seedboxes compared to normal downloaders just to boost there flippin ratio. I went onto ScT last night, and a pack had just been uploaded and they could of been people to boost ratio or people stealing and taking to another torrent site, i counted 15 out of 17 leechers were ovh users of leeware etc etc, its just stupid, the pack was over 25gb so i highly doubt these users were going to download to home, yeah there handy but with all the ratios you still have to share back to 0.4 or seed for 24 hrs anyway, a big ratio may look good, but it doesnt make your penis any bigger does it? Im sorry but its just stupid. Its unfair on normal users trying to keep a straight ratio when you get so many numbnuts just trying to get a bigger ratio to trade there account for a l33t account of something. :ermm:

maybe it is unfair but no one tells u that u need to download something from here,also some members have RRS activated so when new torrent is uploaded it will auto. start to download..

Sct is known to have many members with Seedboxes...and also what they will do with files,well probably will be deleted after seeding:happy:

only thing that is unfair is when some(many) members overseed not just on SCT on any site

mamacita
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I kinda know how you feel, as I never had a box until recently.

I actually the think the problem arises from the insanely high upload requirements some sites have to reach the different user classes. People want to get those classes, so they can get into restricted forums or get invites, etc.

If trackers based classes on activity (both on the tracker and in the forum) it would go a long ways towards helping out the guys with slower speeds. But as it stands, as long as places have 500gb+ class requirements, seedboxes are going to abound.

punki_rach
04-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Plus on trackers like Sct they have massive packs so if you want to download them you have to have quite a big buffer, and the easiest/quickest way to do that is with a seedbox

dunson
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
:lol:

You're mad at seedbox users because you can't seed back a 25GB pack on a top site with your dialup speeds? That seems ridiculous. Go use Demonoid. Don't download 25GB packs if you don't have the buffer. Etc.

kloot
04-15-2008, 02:43 PM
there is no use in complaining. there will always be users with seedboxes, and that is a good thing. As punki_rach said, if there wasn't, you would be complaining about crappy speeds. You just have to work around it, and seed for as long as you can. If you can't be bothered doing that, then maybe you should leech from a less exclusive tracker.

One of the reasons why trackers like ScT are so amazing, and so renowned, is becuase people have seedboxes, and give excellent speed on 0-day content, not only that but ALSO the fact that there are also home-seeders (like yourself maybe?), who have larger storage than seedboxes, and can seed large packs for much longer than the boxes, giving the site (and similar others) an incredible archive :)

So i guess what I am saying is don't be put off by it, be encouraged. Help seed packs that don't have many seeders, and seed them to death, your ratio will improve. If you want something new, that has no leechers, you might want to think twice before grabbing it, if you think you won't be able to get any upload on it, chances are you will be able to find it somewhere else :)

renwickftw
04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
If you dont have a seedbox and cant seed at ScT, go to TL. It's as simple as that.

TetlyTea
04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
i got 8mb bb so it does me nicely thank you.

You're mad at seedbox users because you can't seed back a 25GB pack on a top site with your dialup speeds? That seems ridiculous. Go use Demonoid. Don't download 25GB packs if you don't have the buffer. Etc.

IdolEyes787
04-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Seedboxes just make life more difficult on certain trackers for people who don't have them and I sympathize(unlike some people).
If belonging to certain trackers is that important to you I'm afraid that you are going to have to live with this fact.
But most people saying that they have seedboxes for the good of the community is bullshit of the first degree.

superclover
04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
i bet you wouldnt be complaining if you owned a seedbox. besides if someone gets a seedbox, what do you want them to do with it? just sit there and look at it? real up

sleepyy
04-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I think somebody should have warned you about certain sites before joining that most users have seedboxes and it will be very hard to keep a ratio as i was prior to joining there's plenty of sites around where not many people have boxes and are close to being just as good i can't see torrenting as fun if you struggle just to maintain a simple ratio i would rather leave such a site. torrenting is for files and fun not for stressing over. Not all buffered accounts are for trading some buffer for trade yes other's epenis or freeleeching from their home connection once buffered huge amounts they can leech what they need and continue to seed without having to worry about their ratio so don't always just lable it as trading that just shows simple ignorance. i understand on you're part it's unfair unless the site rules say not to overseed there nothing really that can be done i have managed quite fine with my home connection up untill lately but i still manage and my upload is not even 1mb it just requiers the user put a little bit more effort into it now

TetlyTea
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
i bet you wouldnt be complaining if you owned a seedbox. besides if someone gets a seedbox, what do you want them to do with it? just sit there and look at it? real up
ye but as YOU see on here alot, alot dont just do it for the good of the community, they do it so they can trade there account and stuff, which is bullshit for users who are trying to make a good go at using that site and keeping a good ratio!

dunson
04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
i got 8mb bb so it does me nicely thank you.

Dialup = sarcasm.

If your line is symmetrical, then you really have no reason to complain.

In any case, the fact is that even with my seedbox, in the middle of a swarm like that I'd probably only get 10GB back if I'm lucky. It is still pretty hard to seed to a couple of slower connections that can be maxed out by one of us seedbox users.

superclover
04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
yeah i think the only problem you have is you cant hit refresh quick enough so by the time you see a new torrent it will already have been fully leeched and seeded :|

IdolEyes787
04-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Why does any topic have to be reduced to name calling?

metanaboll112
04-15-2008, 03:41 PM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8200/mtfqx6.png

I <3 Seedbox :D

superclover
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
jesus were there like 40,000 leechers?

YoYoY
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
So what ?
Are you just opening a thread to tell us that there are alot of people using seedboxes and this is not fair
this is really ridiculous , Do you think that your thread is going to make them stop or something ?!!
Just seed like any other torrenter or get a seedbox
btw , I don't have seedbox

kaffeine
04-15-2008, 04:12 PM
This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-your-seedbox-kills-my-ratio-245270) has been discussed many times, and I doubt this thread will produce a different outcome of the debate.

Simulador
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
the idea is to make a really good ratio,buffer your accs a lot,like 1 or 2 TBs and then when you dont have it anymore you can download without thinking about your ratio

(I)
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM

ScT is an exception, it's not tracker to leech ur home req.s dude, even the staff there say that clearly, just consider ScT as a big contest for hard core torrenters

SgtMajor
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
There's room for everybody in this world, and if someone wants a seedbox for whatever reason, and there are more reasons than just buffering accounts, then that is their choice, there is no law that dictates how you get the files to your home PC, just that you can.

As long as you share and give back what you take however you want to, then that is your choice.

Have a nice calm day.

Groovy
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
As a Matter of fact its very hard to upload 1:1 even if you dl a 4:5Gb movie with normal connection

YoYoY
04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Have a nice calm day.

I don't think so , there will be more and more coming :lol:

kloot
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I think somebody should have warned you about certain sites before joining that most users have seedboxes and it will be very hard to keep a ratio as i was prior to joining there's plenty of sites around where not many people have boxes and are close to being just as good i can't see torrenting as fun if you struggle just to maintain a simple ratio i would rather leave such a site. torrenting is for files and fun not for stressing over. Not all buffered accounts are for trading some buffer for trade yes other's epenis or freeleeching from their home connection once buffered huge amounts they can leech what they need and continue to seed without having to worry about their ratio so don't always just lable it as trading that just shows simple ignorance. i understand on you're part it's unfair unless the site rules say not to overseed there nothing really that can be done i have managed quite fine with my home connection up untill lately but i still manage and my upload is not even 1mb it just requiers the user put a little bit more effort into it now

Dude, short sentences are sometimes easier to read! :P

Also, @op, check sct news, i think you will be pleasantly surprised. As of today, it's an even more home friendly site :)

:wub: ScT :wub:

rvt
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
If you complain that seedboxes are unfair on normal users, maybe you should drop back to a 56k modem so you're not being unfair on all those who can't get broadband.

Seedboxes are what give you your faster downloads, and help torrents work the way they were designed to work. They were not designed to leave people waiting on a slow seed just so he could get his 1.0 ratio, they were designed to improve download speed and reduce the amount that needed to be uploaded by the initial seeder.

Perhaps a better use of your time would be to find sites less concerned with ratios.

colbert
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
ScT isn't some noob tracker. If you can't handle it, go back to TL...

SgtMajor
04-15-2008, 08:03 PM
ScT isn't some noob tracker. If you can't handle it, go back to TL...

With their recent announcement of freeleech on packs (or anything without a pre-time), anyone can survive at ScT now :)

kooftspc11
04-15-2008, 08:32 PM
what exactly would constitute a, "smart," amount of people using seedboxes?

lol or in your case amMount

Tokeman
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I personally like the speeds that all these seedbox users provide to me. I have no trouble maintaining a good ratio, and I only get ~80kb/s up, WAY lower then my downspeed (~16megabits). If you can't hang, go back to public trackers, or head over to newsgroups or IRC.

Zaxx
04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Seedboxes are fine...if you take the time to read and learn torrenting strategies, keeping up isn't a problem. Until recently my u/l was only 60kbps with 9Mb down...I had to learn the do's and don'ts of torrenting for those with crap ul speeds. I might not of had a nice cozy buffer everywhere, but I found a way. I guess overseeding by seedboxers in a small swarm was my biggest bitch. Still never gave in and got a SB. Now that I have a better connection (20Mb/2Mb) it's easier to make 1:1 but I still use the same do's and don'ts when called for depending on the tracker. Heh...I'm still gun shy to this day when d/ling anything bigger than an xvid from SCC..lmao. Tons of seedboxes + small swarm size = crap ratio.:dry:

dawsonkm
04-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I really don't understand what's the problem. It is what it is you can do nothing about it except dl/ul within your means...

F33NY
04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't have one, but I <3 seedboxes.

I wanna go fast!

I feel the same as Ricky...

Nemrod
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
I was anti-seedbox, hardcore.
Then I realized that they are something very good, for everybody.
How do you think that you can download at the top of your connection?... In my opinion thanks to seedboxes. OK, thereīre sites where you can download fast but you have to wait that there are many seeders.
Now Iīm using one, and I donīt feel I am hurting anybody, I am helping to many users... It cost me blood, sweat and tears to have decent ratios in some trackers and at the end of the day I had helped me mainly. Now I feel OK with my old enemy, thanks to it where I uploaded 1:1 or 2:1, now I upload 4, 5 or more times in 1/4 of the time, that means that I giving back much more than before.

Is that bad, regardless the reasons any person could have for getting one (get UltraMegaChupySeeder rank , have enough ratio for when thereīs no seedbox anymore, or just for the pleasure of seeding)?
I donīt think so.
It is the perfect business, everybody win.