04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Can someone help me get into blackcats please? A invite or a account please

stoi
04-15-2008, 10:25 PM
we are open just try to get in.

demous
04-15-2008, 10:30 PM

Stoi i have to tell you that i tried over million times to register but user limit reached so if you can invite me i have isp mail if its your rule :D

Austin316
04-15-2008, 10:33 PM
stio...I can't get in..I been trying for a like 4 plus months now.....can you help me please.....or any one else...can someone please help me get into blackcats.....

npjunior
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Signup failed!

Max users have been reached for the current time period. Grab a cuppa, watch some TV, and come back. Futurama is always on a channel. You might get lucky.

Theif
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
As stoi stated earlier, the more effort you put in getting an account, the more you look after it and respect the tracker once you get in.

Signups are open, give a shot.

colyu
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
So they actually are sporadically open? Every single time I get this sign:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5462/blackcatshm3.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackcatshm3.jpg)

waeldiab
04-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Stoi i have to tell you that i tried over million times to register but user limit reached so if you can invite me i have isp mail if its your rule :D

mee to 1hour last night i cant register

colyu
04-15-2008, 10:43 PM

mee to 1hour last night i cant register

Well theres no point going crazy for an hour pressing F5 all the time. I guess just wait it out, and see what'll come around

ceasar
04-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Looks like the new policy failing and ppl prefer to trade for account then to try signup for hours and get even more pissed off.

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:24 AM
its not failing yet, its only been on for 24 hours ish.

and how do you work out they would rather trade an account hes asking for an invite.

BadFungus
04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah stoi, he´s asking for an invite indeed, but would he really need to ask if he trusted the "open signup" on blackcats. If hes asking for invite wouldn't he consider also to trade an account/invite if that was possible on fst ?

I get the same feeling as ceaser ...

ceasar
04-16-2008, 01:55 AM
its not failing yet, its only been on for 24 hours ish.

and how do you work out they would rather trade an account hes asking for an invite.
That just my point of view. I tried to signup yesterday like 10-15 times and gave up. It's frustrating. I like playing teh games, i mean any games, I'm pretty competitive, but when i play something I like to know the rulez first. You keep in mind all the tricks and do everything right just to get the message "you fail" at the end.. and they don't tell you where exactly you fail - doesn't feel any good for me or anyone else trying to signup. This system is worse than TB, where you need to follow the rules, but you sign up if you make everything right or swebits where you translating from swedish fast to get in. Other great tracker theplace have IRC issued invites only, and it prevents traders/collectors from getting there, cause this type of ppl usually not ready to invest time to answer the personal questions and go to IRC and talk to admins, but it works nicely for the ppl who really need to get there and be a good user. You know why? Because it simple, clear and everybody understands how it works. With BCG @tm it's not clear at all.

2) I've seen couple threads asking for invites (even when teh tracker is "open") and lots of pissed off ppl in threads about BCG lately, so it's just a feeling in the air :yup:

stoi
04-16-2008, 02:01 AM
well maybe thats the whole point though.

like i have said before

We are taking at least 3,000 members a month, and that may increase to 9,000 or even 15,000 tomorrow.

Just because we are not taking them all in one huge influx, doesnt mean no one is getting in, because they are.

We are only letting in so many at certain times, but the times are not that far apart (its not like 100 at 5pm and 100 at 12pm type thing)

Peanut
04-16-2008, 02:14 AM
I try couple time lol still try n

ceasar
04-16-2008, 02:34 AM

like i have said before

We are taking at least 3,000 members a month, and that may increase to 9,000 or even 15,000 tomorrow.

Just because we are not taking them all in one huge influx, doesnt mean no one is getting in, because they are.

We are only letting in so many at certain times, but the times are not that far apart (its not like 100 at 5pm and 100 at 12pm type thing)
It can be just any system you like, but the one that is CLEAR to everybody. When I'm arriving in "open signups" time, filling everything right and getting teh message "wrong CAPTCHA" - it's bullshit, cause I know that the problem was not in CAPTCHA, and I don't really know what was teh problem.. But after fair amount of tries I gave up, and will wait until better system will be in place. Sorry, I have better things to do with my time than playing with the broken signup system. :yup:

DKre8ive1
04-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Ah how kids are spoiled now a days I swear in the old days you had no choice but to keep on trying for months at a time to get in the very few private trackers that were around and let me tell if you got banned you would no way in hell bad mouth said site because of the risk of getting banned across all sites.

This has nothing to do with this post but its just this post made me reflect how easy BT users have it now a days.

ceasar
04-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Ah how kids are spoiled now a days I swear in the old days you had no choice but to keep on trying for months at a time to get in the very few private trackers that were around and let me tell if you got banned you would no way in hell bad mouth said site because of the risk of getting banned across all sites.

This has nothing to do with this post but its just this post made me reflect how easy BT users have it now a days.
There's always a choice mate, and it's yours, too :yup:
You can turn off PC and go making money then come back and buy all software and movies you want..
As the times changing ppl should adjust accordingly, the world is growing bigger and more opportunities popping up every single day.

zxion
04-16-2008, 04:23 AM

There's always a choice mate, and it's yours, too :yup:
You can turn off PC and go making money then come back and buy all software and movies you want..
As the times changing ppl should adjust accordingly, the world is growing bigger and more opportunities popping up every single day.

I agree, i quit obsessing over torrents and now landed a six figure job and focus most my time on that rather than torrents.

stoi
04-16-2008, 12:35 PM

like i have said before

It can be just any system you like, but the one that is CLEAR to everybody. When I'm arriving in "open signups" time, filling everything right and getting teh message "wrong CAPTCHA" - it's bullshit, cause I know that the problem was not in CAPTCHA, and I don't really know what was teh problem.. But after fair amount of tries I gave up, and will wait until better system will be in place. Sorry, I have better things to do with my time than playing with the broken signup system. :yup:

it wasnt broken it was supposed to be that way, we had a laugh.

but it was cruel so we have changed it now.

codester
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
So how does this system work? random opening for a short period of time? or we have to wait till the system ban a reasonable amount of users before the next influx are publicly available?

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:21 PM
opening for a certain amount of members, at regular intervals.

doesnt matter if it prunes 0 or 100, the same amount of members get in.

pharaoh
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
i wish all trackers would use this system. it would make invites worthless and give everyone a chance. the way file sharing was meant to be. for sharing! not trading, begging, or even having to ask for an invite.

codester
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Max users have been reached for the current time period. Have some cocoa, watch the sun rise (or set), and come back. Nature is beautiful. You might get lucky.

"watch the sun rise (or set), and come back." i am assuming its open for sign up every 12 hour? lol. Now all thats left to find out is what GMT time BCG site is set to, so we all can camp happily for signup.

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
you assume wrong lol

like i said a certain amount of members get in, at regular intervals.

It isnt 100 @ 5pm and 100 @ 12pm type of thing.

codester
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
lol... dammit i just miss out on signup, got to the signup process page but when i press apply someone else got there before me

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
yeah we are discussing changing that, atm if you get the signup page proper, another 100 people might as well so its fastest finger first.

So we may do it so its, if you get the signup page your in, unless you make a mess of it, then it goes to the next person.

problem with this one is though, it may be awhile before you even see the signup page.

lets just say, we are still tweaking it.

codester
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
oh well :D gonna keep trying lol, with some practice on typing also get those wpm up haha. cant believe someone else beat me to it, i was pretty sure i typed pretty fast, 70-80 wpm perhaps? :pinch:

corpse
04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Again... I just got to signup, but after filling form... " Max users have been reached. Check back with us again soon." :cry: Let's hope I'll get more luck later :P

codester
04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Again... I just got to signup, but after filling form... " Max users have been reached. Check back with us again soon." :cry: Let's hope I'll get more luck later :P

Same here, i got to the signup process twice but failed after, what i am wondering is on the signup page, at the last part where you have to type in the two word that is displayed on screen to authenticate that your a user not a script, do we have to type those separated by blank space? because i've been doing that wondering if its right to do so or not

getsomefood
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
twice?!? i got about 15 times :(.. what this system does is that the site only receives people that type fast.. and im not a part of that group.. plz plz plz change the system.. im refreshing every 5 sec.. with no luck

codester
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
twice?!? i got about 15 times :(.. what this system does is that the site only receives people that type fast.. and im not a part of that group.. plz plz plz change the system.. im refreshing every 5 sec.. with no luck

every 5sec? lol isn't that a bit overkill? your query might get ignored by the apache server for querying too much hehe

stoi
04-16-2008, 02:51 PM
ok i will give yous this hint

if you get the signup page with the captcha. and you dont get in

wait about 15 minutes then try again, pointless refreshing every 5 seconds.

getsomefood
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
well... i dont really check every 5 sec... but its so annoying.. plz change it to what you said.. so when you get the page thats it your in..

cacha73
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Yes, I haven't been able to sigup yet, I've tried 5 times, but it keeps saying "Max users have been reached for the current time period"
What can I do? Can someone register?

milsen
04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I joined there a couple of days ago, you'll have to wait for someone to be banned/deactivated before you can join.

Great tracker Stoi

stoi
04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I joined there a couple of days ago, you'll have to wait for someone to be banned/deactivated before you can join.

Great tracker Stoi

no they wont lol

we have 6,000 open slots, and we are taking 15,000 members a month now (those slots will be increased when the time comes)

Peter North
04-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Is it me, or signups are close atm ?
Im trying to register too, but its not easy but... ;)

milsen
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Great tracker Stoi

no they wont lol

we have 6,000 open slots, and we are taking 15,000 members a month now (those slots will be increased when the time comes)
lol srsly? I was sitting there refreshing every minute for a hour or something until I suddenly got a registration page in stead of the "max user limit thing"

stoi
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
like i said we are open and we will be for the forseable future.

we are letting in 15,000 a month

but we are not letting 15,000 in all at once.

we are letting so many in, in a certain time frame.

that time frame is realy short (minutes not hours), so if you work it out, we are not letting many members in at all within each time frame.

once the required number have got in, no one can get in until that time comes around again, and it keeps repeating like that. but we are letting in 15,000 every month (or close to that anyway)

Kapone
04-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Thankz for the heads up Stoi... Look forward to becoming a member..

daq
04-17-2008, 07:41 AM
yeh i just get the incorrect catchpa thing as well. ive manged to get to the reg page three different times but this always happens

EDIT:
Scratch that, managed to just get in!

Catalyst2211
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Hmm, I managed to signup, confirmation mail sent. But then didn't receive a confirmation mail. Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Yeap, got it. Yeah around an hour or so

corpse
04-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Hmm, I managed to signup, confirmation mail sent. But then didn't receive a confirmation mail. Anyone else had this problem?

I got my mail after over a hour I think.