PDA

View Full Version : Trading is against EVERY tracker rules.

corpse
04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm not posting this to stop traders, because I know I can't :lol: I'm writing it to stop people from posting stupid comments like "Trading *** is forbidden, you'll get banned. Good luck" :pinch: And to realise you that trading is against all trackers rules. Ok, maybe some sites are doing more to stop the traders than others but if someone is trading his account/invite I belive he realise that he may get banned...
Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not a trader :P

The Gladiator
04-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Just use the search before open a thread.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bullshit-comments-trading-threads-291281

corpse
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Yea I know this, but what I meant was something else...

Swift
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
and what is the point of this thread ?

you can`t stop them only they can stop themselfe , or we the people who aren`t trading !

pharaoh
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
i guess the point he is trying to make is what i hear many saying. this site allows the trading of some sites, which isn't allowed on any tracker. but somehow it decides on which of these trackers it's going to enforce these rules. interesting...

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Really? I didn't know.:whistling You do know that most trackers use the same rules and faqs that are just slightly modified to pertain to their tracker,right?

pharaoh
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
what makes this site follow some tracker rules but not others? if it's not suppose to be done. why is it allowed here at all. why do we support the rules only for certain trackers? shouldn't all trackers be treated the same. regardless of level. shouldn't there be no exceptions to the rules?

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
the way i see it, lvl doesnt matter at all in that respect.

only way to stop certain things, is to have a comm rep from your site on here.

if you havnt, then anything goes, if you have, then no trading allowed for that tracker.

pharaoh
04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
to make sure your sites rules are enforced you must have a rep here?
so it's not the site that helps to enforce the rules. it's the reps for the tracker sites. so if we had no community reps it would be a free for all on all trackers?

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
yes, like it was before when they took the comm reps away for a few weeks, it was a free for all.

Only thing you cant do on here is sell anything.

Theif
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Comm Reps don't mean a thing to pure/hardcore traders. They do shabby deals in PMs.

stoi
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
well yeah you cant stop anything heppaning in PMS, even on our own trackers.

I havnt got a clue what happens in PMs on our tracker (unless we get a complaint then we check, other than that, ive never once read a PM from 1 memer to another).

pone44
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I feel the same. Read my sig.:)

I'm not posting this to stop traders, because I know I can't :lol: I'm writing it to stop people from posting stupid comments like "Trading *** is forbidden, you'll get banned. Good luck" :pinch: And to realise you that trading is against all trackers rules. Ok, maybe some sites are doing more to stop the traders than others but if someone is trading his account/invite I belive he realise that he may get banned...
Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not a trader :P

SgtMajor
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
well yeah you cant stop anything heppaning in PMS, even on our own trackers.

I havnt got a clue what happens in PMs on our tracker (unless we get a complaint then we check, other than that, ive never once read a PM from 1 memer to another).

I wish that was the same on all trackers.

I got a warning from one paranoid tracker's staff for offering advice on seedboxes and an invite to TL & TD to the person involved, so forgive me if I don't believe PMs don't get read or intercepted on key words by some trackers :)

Horatiu
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
How come i'm the only one getting infraction points for (funny) tag abuse? :ermm:

Ah, yes, trading is wrong, do something else.

SgtMajor
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
How come i'm the only one getting infraction points for (funny) tag abuse? :ermm:

Ah, yes, trading is wrong, do something else.

Ah, yes, funny tag abuse is wrong, do something else.

emperorIX
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is the trading (not collecting) of invites/accounts despised so much? Aside from the obvious rule infraction, as giveaways aren't often looked at in the same manner.

I've looked through a few threads and haven't really seen any good reason for most people to despise others for trading their way onto a tracker. I'm just curious what it is that polarizes people so much about this issue.

SgtMajor
04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is the trading (not collecting) of invites/accounts despised so much? Aside from the obvious rule infraction, as giveaways aren't often looked at in the same manner.

I've looked through a few threads and haven't really seen any good reason for most people to despise others for trading their way onto a tracker. I'm just curious what it is that polarizes people so much about this issue.

It's akin to defending your friend against their enemies.

If your friend has morals, and his enemies are attacking those morals, what would you do?

1. Do you help your friend by sticking up and defending him?

2. Do you walk away and pretend nothing has happened?

3. Do you shrug your shoulders and watch the carnage and say it is not your problem?

Tracker admin & staff want their invites to go to trusted people, they have rules that try to prevent trading/selling of invites & accounts, people who go against their rules are deemed untrustworthy.

A lot of members here have ambitions to get into good trackers, or have friends & contacts on tracker staff, or simply think that tracker rules should be adhered to at all times and try to prove their worthiness by shouting the loudest.

There are those that think otherwise and defend the opposite view with a passion, hence you end up with a shouting match rather than letting people get on with doing what they want to do, and letting the trackers do their job of booting them out (with a little help now & then).

As in all walks of life, you pays your money and you makes your choices in life.