PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Stuff

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/NetFrame_Client/1_0_0/Pages/DisplayImage.aspx?resourceID=db186a16-37af-43f6-b28d-8760be3e1f0b

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/NetFrame_Client/1_0_0/Pages/DisplayImage.aspx?resourceID=efd9d18e-22b0-4a52-bad0-f4323794f808

chalice
04-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Poofs!!

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/NetFrame_Client/1_0_0/Pages/DisplayImage.aspx?resourceID=bcb76da9-6822-4523-8054-467ec0ef758d

Celtic Charity Fund was officially registered as a recognised charity on March 31, 1996 with the Inland Revenue in Scotland; official Scottish Charity Number SC024648.
aims

Celtic Charity Fund has the following aims:-

1. To raise funds and support specific areas of charity work, selected each year by Celtic Football Club.

2. To uphold and promote the charitable principles and heritage of Celtic Football Club.

Areas of support

Celtic has identified 3 principal and 3 subsidiary areas of support:-

Principal Areas

1. Charities in support of children’s needs.
2. Community action on drugs.
3. Projects that develop and promote religious and ethnic harmony.

Subsidiary Areas

A. Supporting the homeless.
B. Helping the unemployed.
C. Support and research for projects aiding the affliction of illness, famine and innocent families within the areas of war.

Something Else
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.kidzbedlinen.com/submenuimg/16celtic%20new.jpg

4play
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
who is this jp?
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2791/7709708hs7.jpg

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Brother Walfrid was instrumental in setting up the club in the east end of Glasgow. Indeed he is the chap who is considered to have started the whole thing off.

That statue recognises that. In essence without him there would be no Celtic.

There was also a restaurant created within the stadium in his name. I have eaten there on several occasions, including Mrs JP's 40th and number two son's 16th.

Biggles
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.kidzbedlinen.com/submenuimg/16celtic%20new.jpg

Is it just me that thinks that is a bit wrong :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes

Biggles
04-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes

That is OK then

:dabs:

My two nephews are big hoops fans and I am sure their duvet covers had Larsen in stirring form rather than a huddle.

Suppose Larsen is old hat now though :idunno:

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes

That is OK then

My two nephews are big hoops fans and I am sure their duvet covers had Larsen in stirring form rather than a huddle.

Stop it with the harshness.

It's Larsson and well you know it.

And also he will never be "old hat" he was voted our best foreign player ever.

The bloke is magnificent and a Celtic legend and always will be.

Biggles
04-17-2008, 10:23 PM
That is OK then

Stop it with the harshness.

It's Larsson and well you know it.

And also he will never be "old hat" he was voted our best foreign player ever.

The bloke is magnificent and a Celtic legend and always will be.

:shifty:

He was rather good it must said - even the Huns wished they had signed him.

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 10:27 PM
You're taking it too far now.

Biggles
04-17-2008, 10:31 PM

No I worked beside one (somebody has to) and he confessed one time he was a jealous as feck of the Hoops having Henrik - I think they had bought Flo at the time for a Brazillion pounds and he didn't think they had got the better deal.

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 10:42 PM

No I worked beside one (somebody has to) and he confessed one time he was a jealous as feck of the Hoops having Henrik - I think they had bought Flo at the time for a Brazillion pounds and he didn't think they had got the better deal.

To be fair we did pay about £650 for the magnificent one. As opposed to £12,000,000 for Flowe.

Something Else
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
He did a fine job for us last season too. Larsson was quality.

Mr JP Fugley
04-17-2008, 11:12 PM

Quality to the max.

Theif
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM

Scottish league is probably one of the weakest leagues in Europe. Imo only Celtic and Rangers challange for league title every year and rest just grab the bits left by them.

Larsson scored majority of the goals against pathetic teams, he was decent player.

Mr JP Fugley
04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
The Scottish Premier league is half the size of the English premier league. Two teams are the main contenders in Scotland. How many are there in England. Lets say three. So the Scottish premier league is actually more competitive than the English one. That's not an opinion that's a fact based on numbers, logic and stuff.

Larrson scored goals in Sweden, Holland, Scotland, Spain and England. He won the European cup with Barcelona, turning the final when he came on and played a significant role for Manchester United when he was there, so much so that they invited him back.

He scored 242 goals for Celtic in 315 games. He scored 12 goals for Barca in 33 games (not starting all of those obviously). Winning La Liga in the process. He won it twice in fact.

In European competition Larsson scored 9 goals in 19 European matches for Feyenoor, 35 goals in 58 matches for Celtic , 2 goal in 14 matches for FC Barcelona, 1 goal in 2 matches for Manchester United, and 9 goals in 9 matches for Helsingborgs IF. He has scored goals at International level with 34 in 88 appearances for Sweden.

He won the European Golden Boot, bearing in mind that there is a co-efficient used to allow for stronger and weaker leagues. So he was the top scorer in Europe that year, after allowing for the fact that Scotland is a weak league.

And it's not only his goal scoring that counts. He is also a tireless worker with incredible skill levels. That's not just me that thinks that, some great managers agree.

Anyone who doesn't realise that Larsson was a great football player knows fuck all about football. It's really that simple.

Biggles
04-18-2008, 05:50 PM
He was also a credit to whatever jersey he was wearing and adored by Celtic and Sweden fans.

Definitely one of the modern greats. I recall when Celtic drew Liverpool and the pundits said he was over the hill and would be a nonentity against a real team. He just about put Liverpool out of the competition single handedly. Much humble pie was consumed. Barca signing after Celtic simply underscored that.

Mr JP Fugley
04-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Winning La Liga twice and the Champions League helped. He set up the winning goal in the final (against Arse if memory serves).

Sir Lex wanting him. Then asking him to come back sort of re-inforces it as well.

4play
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Larson was indeed a world class player but what he was doing at Celtic was a bit of a mystery.

No offence to the those north of the border but the SPL is no where near as strong a league as the premiership. 3 teams through to the champions league semi should prove that. let alone your own admission that to get the golden boot you have to score more goals there.

If the Scottish and English leagues joined where do you think Celtic and rangers would finish at the end of a season?

Mr JP Fugley
04-18-2008, 06:41 PM
At the end of 1 season Celtic would be about 12-15.

Within 4 years, tops, Celtic would be competing to win it.

Celtic can turn a profit of millions of pounds with about £2million TV money. So every penny from television would be available for transfers and wages.

Don't confuse the size of the team with the size of the Club. How many English teams get in excess of 55,000 at their home games. Going up to over 60,000 for big ones. How many English clubs do that. Or are as big Worldwide. 1 or 2 is the answer to both questions

4play
04-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I was reading about the record football attendances today

Rangers 118,567
Celtic 92,000
Manchester City 84,569
Manchester United 83,260
Chelsea 82,905 (apparently 100,000+ attended a Chelsea v dynamo Moscow game after ww2)

I don't doubt that joining the English league would be great for Celtic and rangers. extra tv revenue alone would be a big help. but you still are not in near the top 4 in the premier league for revenue every year.

The world's 20 biggest football clubs in full (2006/07 revenue figures in brackets)
1: Real Madrid (€351.0)
2: Man. United (€315.2)
3: FC Barcelona (€290.1)
4: Chelsea (€283.0)
5: Arsenal (€263.9)
6: AC Milan (€227.2)
7: Bayern Munich (€223.3)
8: Liverpool (€198.9)
9: Internazionale (€195.0)
10: AS Roma (€157.6)
11: Tottenham (€153.1)
12: Juventus (€145.2)
13: Lyon (€140.6)
14: Newcastle Utd (€129.4)
15: Hamburg SV (€120.4)
16: Schalke 04 (€114.3)
17: Celtic (€111.8)
18: Valencia (€107.6)
19: Marseille (€99.0)
20: Werder Bremen (€97.3)

14-15th is a bit pessimistic, i was thinking around 7th - 8th the first year.

Still the debate of where teams would be placed and crowd trouble would make a joined league rather difficult to pull off.

Mr JP Fugley
04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
What crowd trouble.

I'm sure the English fans would do their best to behave. They tend to be OK at home, it's just when they go abroad that the problem starts.

Re your assertion, Celtic are roughly 80 million euro behind Liverpool which is around 60 million pounds. That must surely be around what Liverpool would earn in TV money. And also income from every other source would almost certainly increase.

4play
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
well the last time i went to a friendly (2006) between Chelsea and Celtic it was anything but friendly. there were people from both sets of fans causing trouble for no other reason than shirt colour which was disappointing to see.

Im really not sure how much longer sky can keep there hold of showing the premier leagues games so dont count that money before you get it. source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7348839.stm)

Mr JP Fugley
04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not counting the money mate, I have no interest in joining the English league.

The problem with Chelsea is that their hooligans ally themselves to the rangers ones. So they naturally don't like Celtic. I'm not counting the good fans like yourself in that, absolutely not.

Chelsea hooligans come up to games against the likes of Aberdeen and have been identified as the source of problems.

rangers wanted to play a pre-season friendly somewhere like Derby or something else. The local cops said fuck off, we don't want to Police that. Denied.

Celtic regularly go to places like Manchester, Newcastle, London for testimonials and friendly. Or travelling for European games. They are invited all over the place because they guarantee a high turnout with few problems. I went along with another 35,000 to Keane's testimonial and we had a whale of a time. The next day everyone we met (from Manchester) said how much they had enjoyed it and that there was no bother, in spite of the large numbers.

4play
04-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Manchester united at one point where meant to be called Manchester Celtic. you two are like peas in a pod. that's the reason you two get on.

I went to an old firm match with my sister and then boyfriend who is a Celtic fan. The minute i said im a Chelsea fan i was targeted inside Ibrox in the Celtic end with a knife. I was lucky that i had learnt jujitsu so i had pushed the offender away down the stand and had to get away sharpish. no i am not making this up it happened.

I was about 14 at the time so was shocked at the treatment, but looking back i was very naive.

I would never hold the majority of Celtic fans accountable for the actions of a complete f*cking idiot who would attack a 14 year old. I have up most respect for Celtic fans for their passion to their club. its when sectarianism rears its ugly head i very much disapprove.

so JP condom use yay, nay ?
should churches be decorated all pretty ?

It amazes me about the slight differences in faith that people are willing to kill over. christian and Muslim faiths as i have observed so dar anyway.

Chip Monk
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
How long ago was this old bean. I would be absolutely appalled to think it was in the near past.

There are idiots and thugs who support every football club, Celtic are no exception. However I would like to think that we have improved a great deal over the years. The awards from UEFA and FIFA are testament to that. It really doesn't matter that the Scottish media lump Celtic and rangers together and say that one is as bad as the other that simply isn't true.

Evidence from outsiders looking in, from all over the World, or even from the fact that Celtic supporters are welcome anywhere in England where rangers supporters aren't is much more convincing than the media simply saying that they are equally at fault, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Chief Constables saying that Celtic fans are welcome to visit their cities, but vetoing rangers fans doing the same because of the trouble they cause. That's the type of evidence I listen to.

Don't get me wrong, rangers are better than they used to be. At least they have dropped the policy of not playing Catholics in their team and they have been forced to stop singing their vile sectarian filth. They have also had to respond to threats of being banned from European competition for sectarianism and anti-semitism, which has also forced improvement in their behaviour. So it is getting better.

The main difference between the clubs is this. A Celtic supporters goes mental because of the club he loves. A rangers supporter goes mental because of the club he hates.

Condoms - Yes
Churches decorated all pretty - No