PDA

View Full Version : With ScT, are TL and RevTT useless?

jars
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Wondering what members of ScT are thinking now re the usefulness of combo sites like TL and ScT. I've been saying for quite some time that I wanted to cut my trackers down, but unfortunately it's easier said than done. But since ScT presented users with free leech on all packs (TV, Movie, Music), there seems no need for a site like RevTT and TL which rarely offer anything unique from what I can get at those sites. So here's my question. Since ScT offer the no pretime freeleech deal, have you 'sacked' any sites?

Swift
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
nope , TL and revTT are great ! you can use all of them and be active on all because the trackers are one of the best !

huge content !!

Sanka113
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
TL and RTT have their own fair share of unique content. If you combin them being mad easy to seed there WITHOUT a seedbox, it makes them both excellent trackers.

barakokula
Revo has requests,so it's ahead of those two. But TL I've sacked bcs of the captcha image. I'm just to lazy to fill it out. But i agree,no need for TL if you have SCT and are able to maintain a good ratio on it.

dunson
Any one of them is enough. :P

jars
04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
But TL I've sacked bcs of the captcha image.:D, I have the same feeling.

trackrider
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I have found that each has its own unique content and I like all three for the unique content they offer. Speaking as a person with out a seedbox, I find TL and revTT much easier to seed back my dl. IMO seedbox is great to get started on a site but if too many have them then the site suffers. I think folks with out them are slower to dl and much more selective as to what they will choose to dl from a site. I feel better if I am on a site that I know I can seed back what I take, just my point of view anyway :ermm:

jars
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I have found that each has its own unique content and I like all three for the unique content they offer. Speaking as a person with out a seedbox, I find TL and revTT much easier to seed back my dl. IMO seedbox is great to get started on a site but if too many have them then the site suffers. I think folks with out them are slower to dl and much more selective as to what they will choose to dl from a site. I feel better if I am on a site that I know I can seed back what I take, just my point of view anyway :ermm:I agree, trackrider. The thing I like about TL, apart from easiness to seed is that you're only required to seed back 0 day stuff to 0.4 or 0.6 which generally after the 0 release is completed, you're about there anyway.

Re RevTT, it was also pretty easy although I lost my account due to inactivity there and for some reason can't get the mac irc thing to work on my mac (if anyone wants to ask in irc to help me get it back, pm me, it WAS inactivity).

Still, now with the pacs on freeleech on ScT, buffers are a given to any user with any speed.

It seems though, TL and Rev may have some unique stuff, I may have to dig deeper. Actually, I remember they had the A team a while back. Looks lie I may keep em after all.

fOrUmAs
04-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Wondering what members of ScT are thinking now re the usefulness of combo sites like TL and ScT. I've been saying for quite some time that I wanted to cut my trackers down, but unfortunately it's easier said than done. But since ScT presented users with free leech on all packs (TV, Movie, Music), there seems no need for a site like RevTT and TL which rarely offer anything unique from what I can get at those sites. So here's my question. Since ScT offer the no pretime freeleech deal, have you 'sacked' any sites?

well if u have TL or RevTT then SCT also become useless:)

Kyl3KK
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
TL + ScT is the best. ScT for new stuff and TL for old stuff.

stillhere
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I LIKE EM all...they have some diff to offer!

Ri0T
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM
RevTT has an excellent request system, so to me it's a keeper.

ceasar
04-18-2008, 03:28 PM
But they still have rules not allowing hit'n'runs, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't just grab the whole 50Gb packs and seed like 25% of it, because of freeleech/building ratio issues and get away with it.

VIZFX
04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, its fantastic that sct (not a member btw) has freeleech on non 0-day stuff, but if you want the latest stuff and don't have a very fast connection or seedbox, you can get killed. At least that's what I've heard. Hence, its always good to have a place like TL or revTT where you can seed back the newest goodies even with out a very fast connection.

t0mmy
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
id rather sack sct then TL ridiculousy hard without seedbox

fazzy07
04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
In my opinion keep all three

Its always good to have backup tracker if one is down or something

VIZFX
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree with the back up comment. You never know when one of them maybe unavailable.

aaatoel
04-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I would definetely not call them useless! They are both great trackers and I think that if you could be in all three of them you should!

Simulador
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
i have all of them,clearly ScT is the best but what the hell...RevTT is also great...TL i'm still not using it cause i'm waiting to seed a lot with a seedbox :)

grimms
04-18-2008, 05:54 PM
They are all useful in my opinion. Sometimes you can find something your looking for at one of those trackers that the other one doesn't have. Always remember that (In Billy Bats voice).

DarkLured
04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
My signature makes my opinion obvious :)

EyezSS
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Not really, revtt has request section and TL came up with retro sections recently so right now both of these sites has quite exclusive and unique content.

I mostly grab tv shows and movies from TL and revtt. I do have ScT account but i really didnt use it till they announced freeleech on packs.

barral01
04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I still prefer TL.

Hrvoje
04-18-2008, 07:16 PM
tl + sct = ftw

Manaldski
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
TL+Rev+SCT ist nice.SCT very hard uplaod;)

xJohnxSmithx
04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
wow thats quite a statement! Sorry guy but I would give up sct before tl and revtt. The freeleech on packs was a neccessary move on their part although most existing packs have been freeleech on ftn, scl, its and ptn forever so most peeps already have what they need. SCT is an excellent tracker if you have the time and money to keep stats up otherwise tl or revtt are so easy to use and get the same amount if not more torrents.
Cheers

That1Guy
04-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I'll still keep them around. I may end up using TB less now but we will see.

Floopy
04-18-2008, 11:06 PM
I use ScT only. Used Revo only once, but I keep account active if something comes out. TL sucks IMO. It's overrated.

Septimus
04-19-2008, 12:06 AM
I think the more trackers you have, the more places you have to search different torrents

Annoyed
04-19-2008, 01:52 AM
I have all three that was mentioned in the title, and I still use IPtorrents the most. Go figure...

colbert
04-19-2008, 04:12 AM
TL was already worthless compared ScT, but now TL is even more worthless considering how much easier it will be to maintain ratio on ScT. My first priority is 0-day ASAP. ScT provides this, so I see no need for TL.

fOrUmAs
04-19-2008, 12:53 PM
I use ScT only. Used Revo only once, but I keep account active if something comes out. TL sucks IMO. It's overrated.

lol:lol:

and probably Sct is not overrated,right:rolleyes:?

i dont care abouth TL or Sct but it is fun to watch how some members dont no shit abouth torrenting:sick:

merwais
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
I only Use IPTorrents, rarely TL or RevTT.
IPTorrents is giving me everything i need.

The Wanderer
04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I equally use all of them, they complete each other. :yup:

SenorBubbz
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Definitely not.

With TL comes Stuffie's re-encodes and King Ben's Re-encodes.
SCT doesn't have that.

lostdemon
04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I love tl and revtt and would never consider them useless even if I had sct or better. As wanderer said they complete each other. Whst I don't find on one I find on another like anime, music, apps. Hell I still even use araditracker to this day and thats one of the first trackers I started out with.

puckface
04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
RevTT is better than ScT in so many ways I cant even begin....

waeldiab
04-19-2008, 03:17 PM
tl better than rev... sct is the best

Feeling
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM

:lol:

Aether
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

But really, TL can be used with ScT as it has a lot of content and pretty quick pre-times. You can grab 0day stuff from TL and seed at ScT if you have a bad connection to help ratio

ceasar
04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
no puckin' way! :noes:
It's like Maple Leafs vs Canadiens this year :lol:

puckface
04-19-2008, 11:32 PM
no puckin' way! :noes:
It's like Maple Leafs vs Canadiens this year :lol:

Just my opinion.

and that was a low blow.....