PDA

View Full Version : The request section

SAM
04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I wonder why don't we have here a request section.I mean if you look to the first two pages of the invite section you will see how it is full of requests thread.
I think we should have a request section and put some rules to control this useless and insane amount of requests we are seeing every day.:)

dunson
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
I like that idea. It would separate traders and people just hoping for a free invite. Please make it more than 2 posts before you can access it though.

SAM
04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
I guess the members who can axx this request section should at least being here for 2 months and have at least more than 100 posts.

mrnobody
04-18-2008, 11:34 PM
I wonder why don't we have here a request section.I mean if you look to the first two pages of the invite section you will see how it is full of requests thread.
I think we should have a request section and put some rules to control this useless and insane amount of requests we are seeing every day.:)

has been said before by staffers "won't happen".

aaatoel
04-18-2008, 11:37 PM
I think it would be a good addition in order to keep things separated. A Requests section and an Offers section!

SAM
04-18-2008, 11:40 PM

has been said before by staffers "won't happen".
they might change their mind this time.I think this idea is for the best:fst:

SgtMajor
04-18-2008, 11:40 PM

Not needed.

And there is nothing wrong in asking for what you want, if someone can fill it then great, if not so what - the poster hasn't lost anything by asking. Maybe one of his friends might see the request and didn't know he was looking for that site and will invite him.

And by whose standards do we go by when assessing a "useless & insane amount of requests", by my standards I would welcome more of them.

SAM
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM

Not needed.

And there is nothing wrong in asking for what you want, if someone can fill it then great, if not so what - the poster hasn't lost anything by asking. Maybe one of his friends might see the request and didn't know he was looking for that site and will invite him.

And by whose standards do we go by when assessing a "useless & insane amount of requests", by my standards I would welcome more of them.
Your opinion and i respect it but i think they insane in the amount and they are useless cause most of them end up unfulfilled.
Having rules is better than this mess.

SgtMajor
04-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Not needed.

Your opinion and i respect it but i think they insane in the amount and they are useless cause most of them end up unfulfilled.

The only rule that is needed is the one stated above:

Ask, get and give BitTorrent Invites here.

Which includes trades, giveaways & requests all in one manageable place, perfect.

SAM
04-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Perfect :D

SgtMajor
04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-everything-related-board-9/t-suggestion-fst-241285

SAM
04-19-2008, 12:07 AM
this is have nothing to do with my suggestion
it's about split the invite section to a trade section and free invite one
mine is about a request section.

IdolEyes787
04-19-2008, 12:13 AM
So if a person could request a trade how is that changing what we have now .
SgtMajor is right, keep everything together nice and simple.
Messy maybe but not as big as mess as separating things

SgtMajor
04-19-2008, 12:15 AM
It's the same argument - splitting the invite section into sub-forums/sections, totally unnecessary, cumbersome & extra work for all involved.

You want requests, someone else wants a trade only, someone wants a giveaway only section, it never ends.

It works as it is, not to everyone's taste - but it works, the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Skiz
04-19-2008, 01:55 AM

The only rule that is needed is the one stated above:

Ask, get and give BitTorrent Invites here.

Which includes trades, giveaways & requests all in one manageable place, perfect.

Couldn't have said that better.

Having everything in a single section helps givers see the requests and those requesting to see what's being given. It works best for everyone.

Also, SAM, board suggestions should go in "Everything Related to the Board". ;)

SAM
04-19-2008, 03:29 AM
@skizo
Sorry for posting this thread here :)
I think if we separate the requests from the invite section it will be better:
1-This way we can put rules for requests by putting rules it will be organized and we won't face this much spam in every request thread.
2-This way the members who want to help or fulfill this requests will be easier to them to keep track of the requests and find these threads.
3-This way we will give the invite section more discipline.
4-I think it will be easier on the mods also cause this way it will be easier to keep an eye on the request and on the spam.

Any way it's up to you to decide.not me :)

lostdemon
04-19-2008, 04:10 AM
@SAM
Just because its not always shown on a requesters thread if they obtained the invite their looking for or not doesn't mean the request are always unfulfilled and useless. There are many members here that choose to keep their generousity private that do fulfill the request.

SAM
04-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Let me explain my self more.
many of these requests are made by new members and they copycat each other that is why i think there should be rules to stop this kind of spam.

SgtMajor
04-19-2008, 05:09 AM
many of these requests are made by new members and they copycat each other that is why i think there should be rules to stop this kind of spam.

And it's not for you, or I, to tell people how to ask for an invite, or what to post in an open thread, just because you don't like how a request is posted there does not give you the right to tell people how to post there. Such arrogance does not befit you.

They copycat each other as they think it was a good request, or a successful request, and most prob do not have the English skills to change the vocabulary, so leave them alone to post away, it's all cyclic and in 3 months time there will be a different set of similar requests.

If you don't like the way it is, stay away.

There are more important things to get worked up about that the way people post.

Sanka113
04-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Why doesn't FST copycat some of the smaller BT forums ,like

1. Have a trading subforum

2. Have a request/giveways forums

3. Have a minimum non-spam post count for request

I mean it WORKS on those sites.

Request are made with more care because because they had the "earn'" the right to post their request.

Traders and non traders don't butt heads like they do here. The traders have their own section to do their bidding, and if someone spams their thread then their may be repercussions for the offender. Then it works for the nontraders because they don't have to see the lame offers that we are accustomed to seeing in the invites section

Like I said there are many forums that have just a couple more tools that keep the forum in harmony. Why can't FST adopt those tools?

The proof is in the puddin...

IdolEyes787
04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I actually prefer the way FST is structured.
While the infighting between groups probably does present a few headaches for the mods,it certainly makes these forums more enjoyable.
Here everyone is given equal voice.
Does it really offend people if someone says thanks or makes a joke?
Likewise if people trading bothers you,why don't you simply ignore those threads.Is that so difficult?
If you can't appreciate what makes this place so special,like you said,you have plenty of other options.:)

SAM
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM

And it's not for you, or I, to tell people how to ask for an invite, or what to post in an open thread, just because you don't like how a request is posted there does not give you the right to tell people how to post there. Such arrogance does not befit you.

They copycat each other as they think it was a good request, or a successful request, and most prob do not have the English skills to change the vocabulary, so leave them alone to post away, it's all cyclic and in 3 months time there will be a different set of similar requests.

If you don't like the way it is, stay away.

There are more important things to get worked up about that the way people post.
I guess you don't get my point :D
And you need to calm down :D
It isn't for you either to decide what is important and what isn't.If you like this kind of spam don't try to ask us to stay away.You can stay away but i can't.

saqib
04-19-2008, 02:43 PM
SAM staff does know what to do . although it is nice of u that u 've step forward and came up with an idea which i think being supported by many of us except some. everyone see the situation in some particular way .
so there is no point to discourage them .
if u have made ur point . step back and let the staff do what they suppose to!

ghurka
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I think you have to look at it from the staffs perspective. The more forums there are then the harder it is that any site is to police. Yes, you could in theory break the invites section down into more sub-forums but how difficult do you think it would be for 3 mods to monitor everything that goes on.

Although it is the most active, the BT section is also the most problematic and like anything in life you narrow your problems down not let them spread.

fazzy07
04-19-2008, 04:12 PM
SAM, I understand what you mean

Unfortunately people have mentality that 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'

The invites section is a mess and unfortunately some good requests goes unnoticed

I just don't even go in the Bittorrent invites section anymore