PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good private torrent site

mike160
04-19-2008, 09:16 PM
hello,
i am looking for a good private torrent site that i can upload to with out haveing to rar my files anyone here know of any good ones

upGrayde
04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
goem? bitmetv?

The Flying Cow
04-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Aren't you contradicting yourself there: "looking for a good private torrent site",
"that i can upload to without having to rar my files"? :D

deuce6000
04-19-2008, 09:38 PM
What is the big deal about having to RAR your files?Everything about raring files is good.Talk about being lazy.

thedemon44
04-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I agree, I dont see the downside to having to rar your files. Takes all of but a few seconds of clicking to do.

kukushka
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
well, if you don't want to use what you download and don't mind to make some additional movements - of course, rar is the tool to use. but if you want your soft to be ready to install straight after leeching or you don't want two copies of movis/music etc - one for seeding, one for using - rar is not the best option. imo. :-D

WarrenBuffet
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Music Sites are good and don't need rar's...

thedemon44
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
well, if you don't want to use what you download and don't mind to make some additional movements - of course, rar is the tool to use. but if you want your soft to be ready to install straight after leeching or you don't want two copies of movis/music etc - one for seeding, one for using - rar is not the best option. imo. :-D

Fair enough. I'll admit that if I can watch a movie directly from uTorrent I will watch it before the ones i have to unrar at least 80% of the time.

Razrak
04-19-2008, 11:49 PM
I do enjoy downloading files in straight avi or mkv format. At the speeds you get at private sites you can watch using VLC as it downloads.

Daniel
04-20-2008, 06:49 AM
HDBits (and coincidentally also Hdbits.ro) don't require you to create multiplart archives or even go as far as forbidding this explicitely. I believe you will be able to upload uncompressed content on a few trackers that are not strictly limited to scene releases, zamunda and demonoid are on my mind here.

A word of education: there is little to no advantage of compressing content into multipart (rar) archives as long as you use the BitTorrent network, on the contrary it allows you to skip a time and space consuming step. It's a fact that the way downloading a torrent works (by using multiple piece hashes) is just as effective as multipart archives and it is even more convenient because bad data is automatically re-requested by the client. For the sake of downloading .avi/.mkv videos it is merely a waste of time and space to unpack the video because there is no further compression possible. It can be different for applications or games however, because those can profit from compression.

allin15111
04-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Aren't you contradicting yourself there: "looking for a good private torrent site",
"that i can upload to without having to rar my files"? :D

No.

rulebreaker
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I just started a new tracker site and i need uploaders/seeders. Would be good if you are able to help out =)