PDA

View Full Version : A question about CZone

Annoyed
04-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Actually, this question is about CZone and µtorrent 1.7.7.

CZone recommends 1.7.6 or 1.6.1, because they say that 1.7.7 sends invalid data. 1.7.7 isn't banned from the site, mind you...But if it does ever send invalid data, I could get banned because it looks like I'm faking my ratio.

So, I was just going to go down to 1.7.6, and use it for all trackers. But not all trackers allow 1.7.6(Scl for sure doesn't allow it, and I'm not positive about Bitmetv, it doesn't specifically say 1.7.6 is banned, but they don't show 1.7.6 in the Currently Allowed Versions).

Now, I'm not sure what I should do. I'm not sure if I should just keep using 1.7.7 as I have been, and hope I don't get banned from the one tracker that is recommending not to use it. Or use both 1.7.6(for CZone) and 1.7.7(for all my other trackers) at the sametime.

So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Anyone else using 1.7.7 at CZone? I was using 1.7.7 there months before it crashed, and never had a problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KravenX
04-20-2008, 03:19 AM
upgrade to 1.8 or continue to use 1.7.7 (with some risks though..)

Annoyed
04-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Ok, thank you for the response KravenX.

stoi
04-20-2008, 03:57 AM
i think 1.8 is still beta though, i know BCG doesnt accept it yet, not sure about other trackers though. but you may find a lot dont.

invite420
04-20-2008, 03:58 AM
<Using Ut1.7.7 ( old site and new ) I'm in same boat other sites are not compatible
with other clients

Annoyed
04-20-2008, 06:48 AM
i think 1.8 is still beta though, i know BCG doesnt accept it yet, not sure about other trackers though. but you may find a lot dont.

Yeah, I didn't see beta in the allowed list at your site(and I doubt you're going to allow beta's anytime soon). Also, BTmusic doesn't allow beta's. And since BCG and BTmusic are my two must used sites, that kind of rules that out.

I'm either going to have to run 1.7.6/1/6.6.1(just for CZone), or keep taking my chances with 1.7.7 at CZone. But...I have used 1.7.7 since their last open sign ups at the end of last year. And when was that, the end of November, early December? And I haven't had no problems since. So maybe I'll be safe.

The Wanderer
04-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Stoi, 1.8 beta is more stable and far more superior to 1.7.7 in any aspect. The most important feature for me in 1.8 is the disk management (read/write) which is really important when you're downloading large files.

I think every tracker should allowed 1.8 beta even for the fact that it has already 6 months of testing.

WardenRo
04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm using 1.7.7 and I have absolutely no problem (Czone included), but it is true that some users had problems with it (faulty reporting). I guess it's a matter of luck somehow... They'll release 1.8 soon anyway. ;)

Swift
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
i used 1.7.7 in Czone have no problems yet 3 weeks !

m0nEy
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Use 1.7.7 else you won't be able to download from TL,bitme etc .Almost 4 weeks using it in cZone with no problems.

stoi
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Stoi, 1.8 beta is more stable and far more superior to 1.7.7 in any aspect. The most important feature for me in 1.8 is the disk management (read/write) which is really important when you're downloading large files.

I think every tracker should allowed 1.8 beta even for the fact that it has already 6 months of testing.

its still a beta though so it wont be allowed, until its a final, we do not accept beta at all, because its beta for a reason. as soon as the devs make it final, then we will give it a couple of weeks, see if there is any problems and then allow it.

chamaeleo
04-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Actually, this question is about CZone and µtorrent 1.7.7.

CZone recommends 1.7.6 or 1.6.1, because they say that 1.7.7 sends invalid data. 1.7.7 isn't banned from the site, mind you...But if it does ever send invalid data, I could get banned because it looks like I'm faking my ratio.

So, I was just going to go down to 1.7.6, and use it for all trackers. But not all trackers allow 1.7.6(Scl for sure doesn't allow it, and I'm not positive about Bitmetv, it doesn't specifically say 1.7.6 is banned, but they don't show 1.7.6 in the Currently Allowed Versions).

Now, I'm not sure what I should do. I'm not sure if I should just keep using 1.7.7 as I have been, and hope I don't get banned from the one tracker that is recommending not to use it. Or use both 1.7.6(for CZone) and 1.7.7(for all my other trackers) at the sametime.

So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Anyone else using 1.7.7 at CZone? I was using 1.7.7 there months before it crashed, and never had a problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For everyone still using 1.7.7 @czone:
for the past weeks I switched betwwen 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and back to 1.7.7
when the few freeleech torrents came on I happened to know it right away and started on the 3 first fl torrents.
... about 3gb was added to my download...
I won't go on irc to complain about my stats because it's of my own doing right?

WardenRo
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
For everyone still using 1.7.7 @czone:
for the past weeks I switched betwwen 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and back to 1.7.7
when the few freeleech torrents came on I happened to know it right away and started on the 3 first fl torrents.
... about 3gb was added to my download...
I won't go on irc to complain about my stats because it's of my own doing right?

On the torrent stats (in the Completed list and in the Seeding list), the download amount will appear, but it should not appear in the Downloaded field of your profile, nor should it be used when calculating the ratio. If it does, make sure the torrent was FreeLeech.
You can calculate your correct Downloaded amount by adding the Download from non-FL torrents from your Completed list.

Bob Villa
04-24-2008, 02:55 AM
I contacted a English speaking mod when they came up with this (before the crash).. he said you would be banned if you used 1.7.7. Nevertheless, I have used it without incident for months. Czone appears to be the only major tracker with this opinion.

clothnapkin
04-24-2008, 04:47 AM
works for me

Noodle
04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
we didn`t banned 1.7.7, it`s just: you`ll use it with your own risk :)

CPC464
04-25-2008, 12:21 AM
i am using 1.7.7 on czone.