PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Advice...

ArtOfWar
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
To start off I've never had a seedbox, so I have no knowledge whatsoever about how to use one. All I want one for is so that I can keep a good ratio at TL, what.cd and a couple of boxing sites I use. I'm not someone who is going to be uploading tb's upon tb's of data all the time. With that being said, what would be a good and simple seedbox to look into getting?

I was thinking of spending about 30 pounds sterling a month. Will I need more than that?

I know these questions have been asked a million times before, but every thread I read seems to have different suggestions, so it's hard to know where to start.

Sanka113
04-20-2008, 12:03 PM
It sound's like you're from the UK. If so go with any of their low to mid-grade box's. Do a search on ovh or better use the search function on my user name to find some out more info about them.

TidusBlade
04-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I would suggest OVH, especially if you live in the UK ;)
You can get one of the new Kimsufi ones, for 20 pounds a month you get 250GB HD and 1GB RAM + Unlimited Bandwidth, which is an awesome deal if you ask me. IF you need more, OVH got other packages...

If you dont want to use OVH, I would then suggest either Vectoral or LeaseWeb.

04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Looking for a free Porsche
It's my dream http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gifanyone please give a way one to him :lol:

The Gladiator
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM
OVH is the seedbox leader now... Amazing :)

ArtOfWar
04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to set up a OVH account. I mean is it difficult. I have no experience with this stuff like I said.

04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to set up a OVH account. I mean is it difficult. I have no experience with this stuff like I said.

it's very easy bro

u just fill the info they need from u like phone number etc... and make ur order
next day u will recive ur server details :)

ArtOfWar
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you your server details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.

themagicke
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you your server details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.

When I ordered my Kimsufi, within 24 hours I was asked to send proof of ID for the credit card payment... so I got on the blower to the UK office telling them when to expect the fax. The chap I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Anyway, they got the login details over to me within the next couple of hours. They seem like a very professional outfit, and I'm completely and utterly pleased with the service they provide at such a sensible price.

I think I'm gonna be with OVH for a long time to come.

Might be worth you giving the london office a call to see where they are with your order.

:)

ArtOfWar
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM

When I ordered my Kimsufi, within 24 hours I was asked to send proof of ID for the credit card payment... so I got on the blower to the UK office telling them when to expect the fax. The chap I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Anyway, they got the login details over to me within the next couple of hours. They seem like a very professional outfit, and I'm completely and utterly pleased with the service they provide at such a sensible price.

I think I'm gonna be with OVH for a long time to come.

Might be worth you giving the london office a call to see where they are with your order.

:)

Proof of id? No one mentioned that. I haven't got a fax machine, so it's going to be a load of hassle if they ask me.:frusty:

slayer2005
04-22-2008, 12:29 PM
They dont always ask you for id if you live in the uk and your using a bank card.
And setup can vary.
The 4 srevers ive had with them have bin set up in no longer than 30mins,12mins being the quickest,but as they have new builds its gona take them a lil longer.

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Check the all offers page:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_list.xml

There are no small kimis ready, but 162 due within 72 hours, so you might have to wait, it was just bad timing but generally same day service is the normal.

ArtOfWar
04-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the help guy's. As long as I get it in the next couple of days I don't mind.

ArtOfWar
04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
My server details still haven't arrived. This is getting a bit annoying now.