PDA

View Full Version : Suggestchin

Something Else
04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
With all the poor grammer, mostly in the BT section. :dry:
These threads really make FST look retarded so......
I thought it could be useful to have something like this:

A list of commonly used BT grammer as a sticky or something (or in another sticky).

The tards could copy/paste from here.
It could eliminate the 'start a new threat' posts. etc... etc...
Also perhaps the mods could change the odd thread title if their grammer is up to it. :shifty:
If someone persisted with poor grammer they could be sent to a confined forum with a few JP's to put them in order for a week.

stoi
04-20-2008, 02:55 PM
im not sure if you done that on purpose or not, but the spelling is not up to much either.

grammer is grammar lol (you did do 3 in a row) actually 4.

sorry just being pedantic but couldnt resist :lol:

Something Else
04-20-2008, 03:28 PM
:fist:

Make your own suggestchin's if you disagree. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
To really spiff up the threads maybe everything should be written in iambic pentameter.
No better yet Haiku.

This thread is stupid
I search for a word to use
It rhymes with grasshole.

Something Else
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Well on the forum where I have editing powers I edit the thread titles so as to make them understandable.
This could be useful in the general BT section I think.

Fuck the invite section, obviousment.

tesco
04-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Well on the forum where I have editing powers I edit the thread titles so as to make them understandable.

Someone gave you editing powers on a forum?:O

Something Else
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM

Someone gave you editing powers on a forum?:O

Yeah. I promoted myself to forum mod. :naughty:

LvrPool
04-21-2008, 02:05 AM
Excellent grammeritacal yousage.

lostdemon
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
benchez has a good point on editing threads to make them understandable. Not a bad suggestion

I don't know about The tards could copy/paste from here part.

It's was funny as hell when I read it though.

ghurka
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM
How about this one:

Expensive friends I am an investor in the community and I am helpful for all since that I can and as regards idea Htrid people expect that I will bring to them first and try to operate on me me pressure like me there is more relaxed Point or Shcnaa Hmscna mine she is clear to use absolutely only Bmidlmn indeed this take more time but this is the most healthy to do sure that was created here misunderstanding and nothing he will not prevent from right to continue to give and to contribute in this amazing community.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-xxx777-scammer-stupid-post2795810/postcount10

The problem is that some (like this one) know very little English so probably wouldn't even be able to read or understand "commonly used" phrases and are beyond help.

SgtMajor
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Leave them alone, I get a great deal of amusement & merriment from them titles & threads in my otherwise dull & boring daily routine of life, or merely existence even.

mrnobody
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
me Englihs preefct!!!!

kbythx!

EyezSS
04-22-2008, 12:42 AM
This thead has reminded me of famous British telly series Mind Your Language. It was classic.

@topic, Auto spell checker can take care of misspelled words though.

Barbarossa
04-22-2008, 08:29 AM
I fix the occasional spelling mistake in thread titles if it's eye-bleedingly obvious.

Otherwise, I just let 'tards be 'tards.

I don't think it's the place of the moderators to become the grammar police.

Disme
04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
It's quite annoying indeed and I get all worked up if I see threads where it is obvious the OP or, doesn't speak any English at all or, doesn't even put any effort in his postings like punctuation.

These kind of postings:
"Wan tis envit beecous id haz a greet kommunion!!!" where a member asks for an invite because the tracker in question has a great (English-speaking) community and they want to become part of it.

But I guess it's amusing from time to time to read that kind of bollocks.

Detale
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
As if we could possibly correct all the grammar posted in there we would need a few new staff members you want the job Benchi? Some of them try to be 1337 and use all the newest characters and some speak very poor English my opinion leave em be. (now to spell check this post as not to look like Benches misspelling grammar :P)

chalice
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
As if we could possibly correct all the grammar posted in there. We would need a few new staff members. You want the job Benchi? Some of them try to be 1337 and use all the newest characters and some speak very poor English. My opinion? Leave 'em be. Now to spell check this post as not to look like Benche's misspelling grammar :P

Fixed.

It's a pity that spell checking can't help you with your punctuation.

Something Else
04-24-2008, 04:21 AM
lol pwnt.
Don't trust the checker for spelling either. It will try and fool you in to Merkin English. :dabs:

I did suggested thread titles. But, as barbs said, he already does that. So I will consider the matter closed.
Thank you.

Skiz
04-24-2008, 04:29 AM
I usually just fixed the "Help plzzzzzzzz!!!" thread titles to something more suitable.

Like Barb, I usually don't mess with the grammatical errors unless it appears to be a genuine mistake. Invites section excluded.... I'd be there all day. :wacko:

SgtMajor
04-24-2008, 06:32 AM
lol pwnt.
Don't trust the checker for spelling either. It will try and fool you in to Merkin English. :dabs:

I did suggested thread titles. But, as barbs said, he already does that. So I will consider the matter closed.
Thank you.

You can fix that daftie shite too, right click on a bad spelling and change language to proper English like.

markupmaster
04-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I could make a list of common Bittorrent terms and definitions if you guys want..

:)

Something Else
04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I'd rather stab my own eyes out with a sharpened root vegetable, but thanks.