PDA

View Full Version : SCT account stolen

DeepBlue
04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi!

I think my ScT account was stolen.
I canīt access with my login details and when trying to recover the password I get the "That email address was not found in the database" message.

I would appreciate if somebody could contact someone from sct staff.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Floopy
04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Poor man...

WarrenBuffet
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I see you signed up at FST just to fix this problem. Well guys, let's go easy on this one and actually try to help him. I myself, am not in good standing with the admins over there as I have said some things... nevermind. Someone go to the IRC and help this guy out.

SgtMajor
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
You can't change email in ScT without having access to the original email as it sends a request to that email to confirm it is a valid change of email request.

So no-one will help you as you cannot be helped as your account cannot be stolen.

Maybe you are using the wrong email you registered with, or you need to come up with a better excuse than "account stolen".

tweakz
04-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi!

I think my ScT account was stolen.
I canīt access with my login details and when trying to recover the password I get the "That email address was not found in the database" message.

I would appreciate if somebody could contact someone from sct staff.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Hopefully this is not connected to ptn being hacked...

DID U RECENTLY SIGN INTO PTN???

SpecialEFX
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Agree with SgtMajor

DeepBlue
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
You can't change email in ScT without having access to the original email as it sends a request to that email to confirm it is a valid change of email request.

So no-one will help you as you cannot be helped as your account cannot be stolen.

Maybe you are using the wrong email you registered with, or you need to come up with a better excuse than "account stolen".
That was my biggest mistake.
The details of the sct account and gmail were exactly the same. I can not access my gmail account either. :cry:

Polarbear
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM

The details of the sct account and gmail were exactly the same. I can not access my gmail account either. :cry:

a.) victim of a bad hacker and account thief.

b.) "have sct with mail, need ...." and got scammed.

only god and he knows the truth :lol:

myfranco
04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
@SgtMajor you're wrong.Once you want to change your e-mail adress in your profile,you enter the new e-mail and the confirmation is sent to the new e-mail not the old one.Here is what's written in SCT:
In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address.

DeepBlue
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM

The problem was using always the same passwords.
Begginers mistake.

All I want is my account back.

EyezSS
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
@SgtMajor you're wrong.Once you want to change your e-mail adress in your profile,you enter the new e-mail and the confirmation is sent to the new e-mail not the old one.Here is what's written in SCT:
In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address.

You're wrong! You need to confirm from old email account first and only then you can confirm from new email id.

tweakz

R U a member of ptn???

SgtMajor

You will have to convince ScT Admin that you are telling the truth, no-one here will be able to help you (unless Sct staff happen to see your post here).

There's obvious security concerns with anyone popping into ScT and saying that such & such account was stolen, oh and his mail was too.

And sometimes we have to learn a lesson the hard way, and you might have just learned one of them.

Theif
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
This is not related to thread OP but i personally know one person who was scammed in trade so he went to irc and made up that his account got hacked but admins refused to believe him and neither did they ban the account.

DeepBlue
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM

R U a member of ptn???

No I am not.

You will have to convince ScT Admin that you are telling the truth, no-one here will be able to help you (unless Sct staff happen to see your post here).

There's obvious security concerns with anyone popping into ScT and saying that such & such account was stolen, oh and his mail was too.

And sometimes we have to learn a lesson the hard way, and you might have just learned one of them.

I can easily proof I am telling the truth.

Please guys, do not spam this thread if You are not going to helping me.
Donīt turn things more difficult for me. That's all I ask.

SgtMajor
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM

You're wrong! You need to confirm from old email account first and only then you can confirm from new email id.

Exactly.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand the word "another".

DeepBlue
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
tweakz, no I am not.
Please guys, if you are not here to help me, please donīt turn things more difficult for me.
I can easily give all the proofs the staff need.

myfranco
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Exactly.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand the word "another".

To verify,i changed my e-mail adress i used for SCT and you're right.However,the same phrase is written on avout every tracker.
Here is what's written in Revo:
"In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address."
This is the first time i've seen that both e-mails must be owned to change for SCT.This is a very good protection.

Polarbear
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
tweakz, no I am not.
Please guys, if you are not here to help me, please donīt turn things more difficult for me.
I can easily give all the proofs the staff need.

sct staff is going to see this thread. it will be helpful when you post your sct username so they can check the account.

if it's deepblue i can only tell you that you account has been disabled.

Floopy
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
It's not deepblue, his acc is active and someone logged in an hour ago. Staff is informed.

Raban
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
so what was this a trade that went bad ?

PRINCE
04-21-2008, 11:33 PM
man tell the true
you trade this account and got scamme
so we want to tell you
staff will know if you make trade or not ( mail changed or not)
if changed
forget ur account
ok

The Flying Cow
04-21-2008, 11:40 PM
haha traders learn your lesson from this thread.

I'm sorry DeepBlue but that is dirty work. If you got fuxed, well, tread more carefully next time m8.

Trading is explicitly against privat-tracker regulations, you should know that.

DeepBlue
04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Floopy, many thanks for your help. It was really appreciated.

For all of you who called me a trader without knowing me.....well, I'm happy for not having friends like you.

I will wait for a contact from the ScT staff. I'm sure they won't support a hacker and a thief. If they choose not to help me, well I guess I donīt want to be a ScT member anymore.

(I)
04-22-2008, 02:48 AM

Listen to him, u can't change ur e-mail in sct w/o accepting confirmation e-mail in ur original e-mail account, so if ur data is complete ---> ur account is disabled, pm me ur usename there if u want me to see ur status there

Wi0
04-22-2008, 06:43 AM
This isn't ScT support forums. Come on irc in #sct.support to maybe get help. I doubt you'll get much help because your account is your responsibility, if you use easy passwords and the same pw as your e-mail then that is your fault.

predateur
04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
man tell the true
so we want to tell you
if changed
forget ur account
ok

i dont think staff can know if its trade or hack :P
he said he got the email hacked too, so the hacker dont need to change the mail

DeepBlue
04-22-2008, 02:27 PM
This isn't ScT support forums. Come on irc in #sct.support to maybe get help. I doubt you'll get much help because your account is your responsibility, if you use easy passwords and the same pw as your e-mail then that is your fault.
I know it's my fault. I have only a few weeks in this torrent world. I didnīt know that stuff like this happen so often.
But do you want to have a hacker/thief in your tracker? I understand if you donīt believe in me and donīt give me my account back. What I donīt understand is seeing a thief happily downloading from Sct and no action from the staff.

I canīt access sct irc channel. It asks me to be registered.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of this fight. This only a tracker and there's much more things in my life that deserves my attention.

Kyl3KK
04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Register your nick.

/ns register <password> <email>

no "<>" signs.

AlexM
04-22-2008, 02:44 PM
SgtMajor (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/sgtmajor-79679) , right , u can't change the E-mail directly

Swax
04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Hmm, not sure what's really going on here, but there's a lot of people with egos bigger than their actual knowledge of ScT (or trackers in general)

A few pointers for the topic starter;

1) If you're gonna make a sympathy thread and want staff to help you, at least include your username

2) Staff won't know it's a hacker/thief if you don't tell them it's stolen. Admittedly some of our staff have far too much time on their hands, but do you really think we monitor 18802 accounts for password/e-mail changes daily?

3) You don't need to be registered to join the support channel (#sct.support)

4) If you're one of several people who have already come to the support channel today with an almost identical problem (some related to other sites leaking passwords) then feel free to close this thread

Floopy
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
lol... this is solved... :)

VacaN
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Doubt you will get it back, good luck

DeepBlue
04-22-2008, 06:29 PM
lol... this is solved... :)
This thead can be closed!

pone44
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Everyone would claim this! people w- use others site nick & email there and go to irc claiming their email n acc was hacked-stolen creating a bullsh*t problem for staff!-anarchy! Was either-cheating or trading or as sarge said learn!:fst:

man tell the true
so we want to tell you
if changed
forget ur account
ok

i dont think staff can know if its trade or hack :P
he said he got the email hacked too, so the hacker dont need to change the mail

deepblue-you posted like you had something to hide.

The problem was using always the same passwords.
Begginers mistake.

All I want is my account back.