04-22-2008, 01:08 AM
I was IP banned!!

WTF

Can someone hook me up with the IRC?

tiolewis
04-22-2008, 01:12 AM
I think it is:

irc.torrentleech.org:7011
#torrentleech (irc://irc.torrentleech.org:7011/torrentleech)

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Thanks man

I can't connect to the server....
And my IP is banned from the website so I can't login through the java...

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Maybe you didn't read their rules well enough to understand what no giveaways actually means:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-torrentleech-292519

seppypom
04-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Come on now, that can't be it :whistling

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Maybe you didn't read their rules well enough to understand what no giveaways actually means:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-torrentleech-292519

No giveaways?
Wow... didn't know that.

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
FAQ:

What are Invites for and how can i use them ?

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned. If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.

markupmaster
04-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Damn..

:(

Sorry to hear that SenorBubbz..

:(

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 02:10 AM
FAQ:

What are Invites for and how can i use them ?

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned. If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.

And that's what I get for never reading the FAQ :(

I really liked TL too, well, what's done is done. I guess I have only SCT and RevTT now, bleh :cry:

Nihil
04-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Is your IP static or dynamic? Does it change when you restart your modem? If it's dynamic, you might have come across a banned IP and it may not be your fault.

anyuka
04-22-2008, 02:24 AM
I think it is:

irc.torrentleech.org:7011
#torrentleech (irc://irc.torrentleech.org:7011/torrentleech)

thx

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Is your IP static or dynamic? Does it change when you restart your modem? If it's dynamic, you might have come across a banned IP and it may not be your fault.

Before the IP got banned, I tried logging in and it said "Account Disabled."

Blackbeard
04-22-2008, 02:33 AM

Are you using the same name you use on here on torrentleech?

IdolEyes787
04-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Yeah,bad luck man.TL seems to be really cracking down.
Go on irc plead your case.They might let you off with a warning seeing that there was no maliciously intent
If not lesson learned the hard way unfortunately.

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 02:39 AM

I use the same name everywhere.

Go on irc plead your case.They might let you off with a warning seeing that there was no maliciously intent

I can't connect to the IRC and I can't go on the java chat because my IP was banned from the site.

Blackbeard
04-22-2008, 02:45 AM

I can't connect to the IRC and I can't go on the java chat because my IP was banned from the site.

I use mirc all the time get it from: http://mirc.com and read tuts how to get connected.

IdolEyes787
04-22-2008, 02:55 AM
[

Sorry didn't read carefully enough.
I've been trying(unsuccessfully) to warn people that they were risking getting banned.
It's been the reason that I haven't asked for a TL invite.Didn't want to get anyone in this kind of trouble.
It's too bad that honest people suffer while the really devious ones don't get caught.

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 02:57 AM
I use mirc all the time get it from: http://mirc.com and read tuts how to get connected.

I use mIRC all the time as well. In fact, been using it for a little over a year now.

(I)
04-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Giveaways never were good thing anyway man, it just resembles irresponsibility I guess, anyway I think u don't care much

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2018/torrentleechjn0.png
I'd like SCT because I intend to upgrade my internet to a higher download speed soon and I want the full use of it because none of my trackers provide me with fast enough speeds (I can't even max out my 1MB/s connection).

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Giveaways never were good thing anyway man, it just resembles irresponsibility I guess, anyway I think u don't care much

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2018/torrentleechjn0.png
I'd like SCT because I intend to upgrade my internet to a higher download speed soon and I want the full use of it because none of my trackers provide me with fast enough speeds (I can't even max out my 1MB/s connection).

Yes, I enjoy the speeds on SCT (really not that great), but SCT doesn't have what TL has, that's Stuffies and KingBen, the two best re-encoders on the planet.

Cabalo
04-22-2008, 04:21 AM
lesson learned. don't use the same nickname everywhere, u should have known that from that small "discussion" we both had sometime ago. ;)

(I)
04-22-2008, 04:33 AM
lesson learned. don't use the same nickname everywhere, u should have known that from that small "discussion" we both had sometime ago. ;)

OFC using different nicks is safer, but I don't find a prob if u will not brake such clear rules

vasukinv
04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Hey man,
I need to know your problem first.

Only your IP has been banned or, your account also banned?

If your account is fine and only your IP is banned and if you have dynamic IP, just restart the modem and access the website using any other browser. It will help you. :)

There are 2 conditions for the above solution. I'm posting those points in bold text.

Usually they will disable the account and ban the IP Address and also leave some traces in your browser(I think so). I'm also banned in TL. I have ST, RevTT, Demonoid, TheDVDClub etc., So I don't care for such tracker..

I was not able to open TL login page even if I cleared cookies in FF(where i was banned). So I just tried using IE. Login page was working fine. But the problem was of Account.. ;)

The Wanderer
04-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Not a smart choice, imo. You can be easily identified and more important of that not security wise.

bobbybriggs
04-22-2008, 09:49 AM
It was me who SenorBubbz invited and I also got my TL account disabled and my IP banned very quickly :( To bad they didn't allow giveaways. It seemed like a really nice 0-day tracker especially since the only other i use is RevTT...

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
It was me who SenorBubbz invited and I also got my TL account disabled and my IP banned very quickly :( To bad they didn't allow giveaways. It seemed like a really nice 0-day tracker especially since the only other i use is RevTT...

Yea, I'm sorry about that.

I might start using a different name now... But I've had the name SenorBubbz for 3 years, gonna be hard to get used to it.

Quarter
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
They have a new rule about BitTorrent clients.
If you're using a banned client you're getting banned.

SenorBubbz
04-22-2008, 06:36 PM
They have a new rule about BitTorrent clients.
If you're using a banned client you're getting banned.

You must have not read the whole thread....

DasFox
04-22-2008, 07:11 PM

That's not cool, tell people to use different names so they can get around things...

Where is the Code of Honor here?

Cheating our way in is not the answer, I was given invites by people out of respect, and for that I feel good about it.

Sorry but real PC geeks do have a code of pirate respect... ;)

Where has all the pirate respect gone these days? Seems like all the newbies have lost it, or don't know anything about it...

We steal from the rich and give to the poor, but amongst ourselves we take care of each other and respect that circle...

PEACE

IdolEyes787
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately there are many unscrupulous people who see it as all part of the process of getting what they want as quickly and easily as possible and to hell with everyone else.
I agree with DasFox ,the biggest threat to this society of ours is not the outside authorities but rather the lack in integrity of the members themselves.
Obey the rules of your tracker,they're there to protect everyone.