PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid Ratio

mike160
04-22-2008, 04:23 AM
does anyone know whats going on with demonoid ratio i have upload it to demonoid about 200 gb and my ratio is still the same am uploading from seedbox

Raban
04-22-2008, 04:49 AM
you must not have read their FAQ's ... they run a different system there... it identifies your upload based on your IP not your seedboxes ... so when your seedbox reports stats it doesn't know who it is coming from . .. .

lsw0794
04-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Why isn't my ratio being reported properly?
There are a few reasons your ratio isn't updating properly. If the server is unresponsive, slow, or overloaded, the "event=stopped" message which is required to update your stats may become lost. Similarly, a faulty, experimental, or beta testing a client, may also cause your stats to be misreported. Another possibility is the site may have a different IP associated with your account than the one you sent the "event=stopped" message with. If your client supports DHT and it is enabled any data transfered via these means will not count toward your ratio.

does this means we should shutdown the DHT and user exchange and then it will work?

WardenRo
04-22-2008, 05:14 AM
My ratio and stats were updated yesterday for the first time in 5 days. It just takes more time apparently.

Gooeybot
04-22-2008, 05:17 AM
mine is fine and working properly:)

mike160
04-22-2008, 05:30 AM
@ WardenRo i guess i just need to give it some more time hope it updates i also stop the torrents i was uploading to see if it sends that event stopped message which is required to update your stats hope that helps i hate to see my ratio not updateing love to have a good ratio

edit: does anyone know whats going with the demonoid forums its saids on the site this section is under maintenance. please try again later but its been like that for a week now

Groovy
04-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Same Situation Here Register a new account I dl 700mb/ul iGB from my pc utorrent But my ratio is 0:0 no upload no download:( more than 3 days now

mike160
04-22-2008, 05:49 AM
you to :frusty:

J-dye
04-22-2008, 06:24 AM
why worry about the ratio at all . its not like they are going to ban you for low ratios :dabs:

escuoop
04-22-2008, 06:29 AM
It just makes you feel ok.

Annoyed
04-22-2008, 06:34 AM
why worry about the ratio at all . its not like they are going to ban you for low ratios :dabs:

Exactly. And that's a shitty thing, because they need to start doing that. But for now, there's really no reason to worry about your ratio/stats on Demonoid. Most of here share what we take anyways.

mike160
04-22-2008, 06:39 AM
@ escuoop yes it does :yup::):D:01:

dunson
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Honestly I don't care about how cool a nice ratio makes me look or whatever, but I like to keep track of what I upload/download for personal reasons. It is actually one of the things that made me like Demonoid so much after using public trackers for a long time. So I'm a bit disappointed that only 1/10th of my seeding gets credited. It has nothing to do with being banned either. But unfortunately, it makes me use the site less.

klink05
04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
i haven't really sued it much since it came back, but before it went down i often went over a week without my stats updating and then it all showed up at once. and as has been said earlier, it's tracked by the ip address being used to log in, not a passkey, so login into the site from the pc, but downloading and uploading from your seedbox will as far as i know keep those stats from showing (unless you log in from your seedbox).

Tristan
04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
who cares about ratio on demonoid ...

BOOM
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
since demonoid back is freeleech for me :P

Quarter
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't get it.
Why use seedbox on such easy seeding tracker like demonoid.
Better use it on high seeding trackers.

lostdemon
04-22-2008, 07:53 PM

Which is why speeds over there are as slow as they are because alot of people think this way.

Hiccup
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM

Exactly. And that's a shitty thing, because they need to start doing that. But for now, there's really no reason to worry about your ratio/stats on Demonoid. Most of here share what we take anyways.

I don't think they should ban, unless they reset the entire system, which still would not be a good thing. I like the current set up for demonoid as it has always been. Still, for some reason, my ratio hardly ever gets updated properly. Only bits and pieces here and there. It makes for a weak ratio that isn't my fault.

robotpirate
04-23-2008, 12:24 AM
it seems to take a couple days to update or something, but it doesn't really matter since it's demonoid.

PooBar
04-23-2008, 03:51 AM
thought it was updated once every 24hrs.

lostdemon
04-23-2008, 04:04 AM
thought it was updated once every 24hrs.

That's what it says on the site but I find it updating every few days for me.

hangemhigh
04-23-2008, 04:15 AM
ratios matter there?
never use to

BOOM
04-23-2008, 04:17 AM

Which is why speeds over there are as slow as they are because alot of people think this way.
I don`t associate freeleech with hit and run...i already donwload ~18Gb and uploaded ~215Gb but only 14Gb of up has been counted for my stats!! This is why demonoid is with freeleech for me ;)

dunson
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Just a thought, WTF do all those ads pay for if they don't have a live tracker?

saqib
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I don`t associate freeleech with hit and run...i already donwload ~18Gb and uploaded ~215Gb but only 14Gb of up has been counted for my stats!! This is why demonoid is with freeleech for me ;)

then u cant blame the peers who r leeching from u ,can u \?

at least u can share it with peers from whom u download , to 1 ratio , does'nt matter what is ur overall ratio as it doesn't really matter there .

stillhere
04-23-2008, 03:13 PM
mine works just finE!

chamaeleo
04-23-2008, 03:43 PM
:Dit's all lovely, mine switches back and forth sometimes to what it was
so the one day I'm an excellent user and the next I'm a super-excellent user...
reminds me of public trackers and the beginning when you would just seed everything 3 to 1 at the least and thought nothing of it.
I know that wasn't just me. :angel_not

Thanks to all of you who use their seedbox on demonoid for making it speedier!