PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation: Shooter

yakir132
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
last night I watched the movie SHOOTER :
pic : http://www.upit.ws/uploads/7d958b74b4bb6.bmp (http://www.upit.ws)

it's a movie which deal with a men -Swager ( Mark Wahlberg ) who is abandoned on the battlefield but still survived and remained alive .. Swager left he's' land and reveal - in it he cut off with the Army .
as the movie continue he get involved with a mission ( to kill the president ) and he incriminated by some evil organization ..
Now he's in trying to prove he's innocent ..

Genre : action - mystery
Cast : Mark Wahlberg , Michael Pena , Kate Mara and more ..
Runtime : 124 min

Great novie , great actore , great calumniation :)

enjoy ...

-Yakir-

orib14
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
its a great movie I also saw it! he knows how to handle a rifle..

I also recomand you guys wach it:)

IdolEyes787
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Good movie.Mark Wahlberg is a nice fit in the title role .
As one man army movies go better than most with some good if unspectacular action scenes.
Liked the stealth/sniper bits the best.
Might win a prize for worst character name though- Bob Lee Swagger.:ermm:

Skiz
04-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I found it to be a bit lame. Scene after scene of unrealistic plot moments that could have easily been portrayed as believable.

His government abandons him, he moves to the mountains to live alone, gets talked into working for the gov't again and gets screwed over, then goes back to kill them all. The whole thing reminded me of "Commando" as I was watching it.

If this were a more serious film, its cynicism about the U.S. government would put it in a league with "The Manchurian Candidate", but as is, it is simply an Arnold Schwarzenegger without Schwarzenegger.

There is supposed to be a sequel I hear... can't wait for that. :ermm:

The Flying Cow
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah it does have a certain Van Damme/Seagall flair to it, but Wahlberg is good enough that he saves it from those woes.

It's a good popcorn flick. No question.