PDA

View Full Version : FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here!

DasFox
04-22-2008, 06:48 PM
As a Usenet geek originally because P2P wasn't around when the Net started this is where us geeks hung out to get our stuff, later Warez.com sprang to the scene and the name Warez was coined, then sometime down the road P2P came into being and so begins where I stand today using Usenet along with P2P.

Since I'm an old school Usenet geek and software pirate I have not hung around the private tracker torrent scene that long, and now I realize many trackers typically have the same rules. Lower level trackers will allow or tolerate public invites and giveaways, but the higher level trackers won't.

Does FST respect these rules of the higher level trackers and enforce them here? Because I don't see this happening...

Old school PC geeks have a code of ethics, actually let me rephrase that to also include, 'REAL PC GEEKS', and if you've been around as long as I have then you'd know this, that it isn't just some free for all, sprawl. Simply put real pirates respect each other...

If FST does not enforce the rules of trackers then unsuspecting people will then find their accounts banned.

I also believe as real PC geeks do, we get our names and we keep to them. Real pirates don't go around hiding under the disguise of other nicks unless there are problems, and joining a tracker in respect is not a problem that someone needs to hide under another name, even for security sake, all you need to do is just use good passwords, different on each tracker is all.

For all of our names I hope FST will help to enforce, because I for one like my name, and I hope to maintain a good name, not find myself on the end of a ban, because people invite me, and tarnish my name.

So if you think allowing these trades, invites and giveaways a cool thing, and just tell people to use a different nick so you can just beat the system, then this is wrong and it simply just undermines everything and then the pirates of the Net truly have no code of respect, or honor, and I'm old school and we have respect, so please let us start respecting the wishes of the trackers on FST, and show them this is a good place!

PEACE

pone44
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
i feel the same way. down with all trading! invites to friends only-if any given!

VIZFX
04-22-2008, 07:05 PM
It's not FST's resposibility to enforce tracker's rules. FST is a free community. You get the "good" and the "bad." If you don't like it, then don't do it.

If some person doesn't follow their tracker's rules, its not FST problem. You break the rules, knowly or unknowly, you take your chaces. Simple.

DasFox
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
It's not FST's resposibility to enforce tracker's rules. FST is a free community. You get the "good" and the "bad." If you don't like it, then don't do it.

If some person doesn't follow their tracker's rules, its not FST problem. You break the rules, knowly or unknowly, you take your chaces. Simple.

Actually the issues here are not about who's responsible and who is not, it's all about respect and honor as a pirate geek, as I stated before I'm a old school geek, I've been around doing this since the day it was born, so I am far from new to any of this, I am the guy that shows the newbies how it's done, and how we pass our wares and respect down from one to another.

FST is a Filesharing community which allows people to deal with invites on the forum here, in doing so should show RESPECT and deal with this situation, that's all there really is to it.

All forums have MODS, mods moderate forums and keep order, and it's real simple for them to lock and close these types of posts.

If FST does not do this, then it shows the community out there it has no respect for it, and that's not cool...

So really all it gets down to is what respect do we have for each other?

PEACE

laffy
04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
i agree my friend nice points

Polarbear
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
bittorrent invites and the ability to trade hence get them is fst's main attraction nowadays. fst needs those rule breaking members, that's why you won't see any changes here.

although you will find many good users who love their sites and respect tracker rules. some even have their own section.

i don't warn people who break site rules anymore. i don't give them advice about what consequences their actions may lead to. i don't argue against it anymore. let them all be banned. as long as their stupidity doesn't affect my accounts i don't care anymore.

when i started here i felt sorry for every single user in all these "got banned, disabled, account stolen" threads. today i'm just saying to myself: another one who can't obey simple rules that every 11yo child should understand and one bad apple less on the tracker i like.

it's hopeless. they will only learn when they get banned, scammed and disabled. so let them get what they deserve. no need to interfere. let them walk straight into the trap.

i warned and adviced n00bs several times. i told them so many times that they could get banned for what they are doing. two weeks later you see them dealing another account.

there is no code of honor, no respect. it's all about invites. the faster, the better. no matter how, no matter what.

at least there are other bittorrent related forums where the members respect site rules and staff does not condone members who break them.

fst has its own rules. they are independent from any tracker. as long as members don't break the rules here, they can do whatever they want.

let the lambs walk to the slaughterhouse, i'm not going to stop them.

markupmaster
04-22-2008, 08:30 PM
PolarBear has a point..

I have never thought about it that way..

Another Life Lesson from PB!

:p

DasFox
04-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Well you said it Polarbear, there is no respect, and is this the kind of people we are in life?

So we lie, cheat and steal in life, and then walk into a forum and do the same, the problem is these people have no self respect or integrity.

So the other question is, are you this kind of person, do you hang around with these types of people, and do we bring integrity to our forum, or do we allow it just to be a place of lies and no self respect?

As I said the name of the game is not about rules, it's who are you when you look at yourself in the mirror and where is your self respect to allow this type of thing in your life, and in your forum?

Well people might say, HEY Das get over it, it's just file sharing, what's the harm? Well I'll tell you, if you have to ask, then maybe you need to figure it out, because I know what this all means, and it's not just about sharing and pirating, it's about a way of life, and in life, you either are a person of integrity, or you're not...

If FST has self respect, and believes in respect for others and the Filesharing community, then it will Police itself and show this respect, otherwise who are we really as people, just some free for all Anarchy Fest?

PEACE

Skiz
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Trackers have their own rules and we have ours.

It is not the duty of FST mods/admin to uphold the rules of any other sites or forums. I find it a bit silly when members seem to think we should be policing and enforcing another sites rules. It really has nothing to do with us.

markupmaster
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I think it does have something to do with you guys..

Trackers will have a lesser opinion of FST and it's members if you don't respect their rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong but forums are supposed to put members first eh?

I have heard some people say they got banned/disabled at trackers just for being a member here.

I'm not disrespecting staff,I'm just saying my opinion..

J-dye
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
think about it the other way

a tracker trying to enforce fst rules . :glag:

saqib
04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
DasFox u r giving it an emotional touch , i respect u as an old torrenter BUT let me tell u what i think , now a days there are very less number of pirates who respect each other and their trackers ( if they have any ) ,
FST is not JUST about Bit torrent , it has many other categories and ppl here love to hang in there , and we have our own rules , and we say that they do apply here , although if there is some understanding with trackers then account trading of some trackers is also banned here .
it looks like a dream what u r thinking .

Respect!

markupmaster
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
think about it the other way

a tracker trying to enforce fst rules . :glag:

Bah!

Didn't think about it that way..

:P

Fine,Fine..

You win!

:P

DasFox
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I understand what you're all saying...

I'm not looking for a dream, just a bit of reality, so all it takes are a few things...

Does FST have the man power to police all the posts, and if they do, do they care to?

Again it's not really about rules, but rather what sort of place do we want this to be, and continue being?

Now if someone has rules that are just plain out right silly, then I can certainly see FST saying that we are not going to enforce this, to bad.

But most if not all higher level trackers don't allow public invites, giveaways, and trades, so what's so terrible about FST wanting to enforce this? To me that is just plain respect, and common courtesy. Also let me make this clear, it's not then just about respecting the trackers, but respecting ourselves as a FileSharing Community, the type of image we want to project to others... ;)

THANKS for letting me share....

PEACE

LaPistola
04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
So we lie, cheat and steal in life, and then walk into a forum and do the same, the problem is these people have no self respect or integrity.

So the other question is, are you this kind of person, do you hang around with these types of people, and do we bring integrity to our forum, or do we allow it just to be a place of lies and no self respect?

As I said the name of the game is not about rules, it's who are you when you look at yourself in the mirror and where is your self respect to allow this type of thing in your life, and in your forum?

Well you are talking about pirating software, music, movies, ect when you talk about torrent trackers. Face the facts, it is stealing and there is no honor among thieves.

If you are already stealing a $200 program or a $20 movie why bother with respect, you are obviously not respecting the rights of the copyright holders which is what you are legally bound to. Why respect the rules on trackers where you have no legal obligation to follow them if you can't respect the law?

I'm not saying this is the way I act or what I believe but it is a valid counter argument which I thought I would throw out there.

Something Else
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
The FST invite section is designed in a way that breaks tracker rules. It's not their problem, obviousment.

Skiz
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I think it does have something to do with you guys..

Trackers will have a lesser opinion of FST and it's members if you don't respect their rules.

Who is "their"?

Every tracker has varying rules. Are we supposed to keep track of them all and treat each trade with every tracker invite differently? Get real.

Besides, not all trackers have an issue with trading. I have even received PMs from tracker admins of lesser known tracker who were actually complaining that their tracker was not listed in WTAW. :wacko:

Many trackers state in their rules that invite trading is forbidden, but when speaking with them on the forum, they say they aren't worried about it.

Policing every tracker is not our concern.

Correct me if I'm wrong but forums are supposed to put members first eh?

What is that supposed to mean? :unsure:

I have heard some people say they got banned/disabled at trackers just for being a member here.

I'm not disrespecting staff,I'm just saying my opinion..

Trackers are renowned for their wacky staffers. Are you surprised? :dabs:

Well you are talking about pirating software, music, movies, ect when you talk about torrent trackers. Face the facts, it is stealing and there is no honor among thieves.

If you are already stealing a $200 program or a $20 movie why bother with respect, you are obviously not respecting the rights of the copyright holders which is what you are legally bound to. Why respect the rules on trackers where you have no legal obligation to follow them if you can't respect the law?

I'm not saying this is the way I act or what I believe but it is a valid counter argument which I thought I would throw out there.

Amen. I've always thought it odd how the bittards try to bring some sort of "honor" to the file sharing game. :ermm:

markupmaster
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Forgive me as I cannot quote different parts of a post on my PS3. But I will explain..

Their=The Trackers..

I know that trackers have different rules. You don't have to treat each person differently.

I'm just throwing out my opinion. You run FST however you want. I don't own them or moderate here. I am trying to give points that may not have been realised.

But I do know one thing,FST wouldn't be half as popular as it is if it wasn't for all of these trackers.

And what I meant about forums putting their members first was that if all of the trackers banned/disabled members accounts for being a member at FST,I would think FST would try and do something to change it.

I don't know what you have done,I don't want to know as it is none of my business what happens between staff and tracker staff unless it is something that members should know about..

psychophil
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
How else are some people going to get a chance at an invite to a high level tracker. Not that I've seen many lately.
As long as the GIVER checks out the recipient, and advises them of site rules.
WTF is the problem.
FST is a sharing community.:fst::fst::fst:

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I've been torrenting for about 5 years, and I've NEVER traded!!!!!!!

DasFox
04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
How else are some people going to get a chance at an invite to a high level tracker. Not that I've seen many lately.
As long as the GIVER checks out the recipient, and advises them of site rules.
WTF is the problem.
FST is a sharing community.:fst::fst::fst:

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I've been torrenting for about 5 years, and I've NEVER traded!!!!!!!

Hey I'm all for sharing and getting invites, it's just the way in which it's done, don't people realize here that people can go to Jail over this? So let's look at it from that standpoint, trust needs to be earned, to keep things safe, so all you have to really do is get to know people, earn some trust and your in the door, it's not that complicated, but many people here I see don't seem to take the time to realize this, and just want it fast and now.

Are you going to probably go to jail for just some small time file sharing? Probably rare it will ever happen, but what about the staff that run the tracker, there is a possibility for them...

If I was running a tracker and ran the risk of jail time, I'd be damm certain of who came in my doors...

Let's not forget in the P2P world people do go to jail...

Yes LaPistola you're right, there is that side to the story, and at times there isn't much honor amongst thieves either...

Actually Skizo there is respect maybe you're not old school enough to know this, because most of the newer people on the P2P scene don't know, and I'm not saying any of this out of disrespect to you, but since you mentioned odd how the bittards try to bring some sort of "honor" to the file sharing game shows that you're not aware about this in those circles.

As I mentioned to psychophil, there is respect because people do go to jail, and I've seen it happen over 20 years, so that's some of the respect I'm talking about, not only for one another, but respect for what can happen.

In the public in places like FST is where you find the chaos and a lack of respect or that understanding, but not in the real underground world of software pirating do you hardly ever see this...

Anyhow as I mentioned we can't keep after crazy rules to enforce, I'm just talking about sticking to basics that most trackers maintain, which is a policy of no open invites, trading or giveaways, for the trackers that don't want them, and for the ones that do, allow it, basically that's all...

Anyhow it's FST's forum to do as they see fit...

PEACE

IdolEyes787
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
People's value sets are remarkably different aren't they.
At some level there needs to be honor among thieves. For criminals one the most important things is having people around them that they trust implicitly.
The more serious your crimes the more important this becomes.

Detale
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Das Fox feel free to start up your own invite forum and you can then enforce whichever set of rules you like there.

I think J Dye said it well, would these trackers enforce FST rules?? HELL NO. The truth of the matter is that most sites don't give a 5hit about trading invites some of them don't even care about trading accts. Those are the facts for the others that do care they are encouraged to join here and help members here and in turn if they are noticed as good active helpful members then we will ask them to become Community Reps for their site.

As far as talking shit about Skizo not a good idea. I cannot speak for him but I myself know of some "so called honor" and just like the majority of the NY mob scene, is isn't like that anymore bro. Many many sites get into behind the scenes bitch fights with each other and these same sites try and attack each other constantly.

Another point is these sites that do not want their sites invites traded will have invite sections of their own now officially there is no trading sure but what happens through PM who knows.

FST encourages our members to follow their tracker rules and if they get banned for trading then don't come crying to us because you broke rules of another tracker, we cannot police the entire internet for every Bit Torrent related trouble that ever was. Sorry if I come across as harsh I just find this a bit pompous and pretentious of you to say what FST should and should not do when you only joined here in Feb and have less than 400 posts now maybe you are big somewhere else but here my man to most of the true "old schoolers" thats not considered a very long time

psychophil
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Jezus DasFox,
I never thought there were people as old as me here.:naughty:
If somebody wishes to give me an invite to a tracker, I've been around long enough to know the RULES
As for people going to jail, if they are good at what they do they won't get caught.:shutup:

Just read your post Detale, TRUE :)

DasFox
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Das Fox feel free to start up your own invite forum and you can then enforce whichever set of rules you like there.

I think J Dye said it well, would these trackers enforce FST rules?? HELL NO. The truth of the matter is that most sites don't give a 5hit about trading invites some of them don't even care about trading accts. Those are the facts for the others that do care they are encouraged to join here and help members here and in turn if they are noticed as good active helpful members then we will ask them to become Community Reps for their site.

As far as talking shit about Skizo not a good idea. I cannot speak for him but I myself know of some "so called honor" and just like the majority of the NY mob scene, is isn't like that anymore bro. Many many sites get into behind the scenes bitch fights with each other and these same sites try and attack each other constantly.

Another point is these sites that do not want their sites invites traded will have invite sections of their own now officially there is no trading sure but what happens through PM who knows.

FST encourages our members to follow their tracker rules and if they get banned for trading then don't come crying to us because you broke rules of another tracker, we cannot police the entire internet for every Bit Torrent related trouble that ever was. Sorry if I come across as harsh I just find this a bit pompous and pretentious of you to say what FST should and should not do when you only joined here in Feb and have less than 400 posts now maybe you are big somewhere else but here my man to most of the true "old schoolers" thats not considered a very long time

Sorry I wasn't talking shit about Skizo, I did mention in that post that I didn't mean any disrespect to him...

Sorry this isn't about telling anyone what to do and what not to do, it's just about respecting each other that's all...

Anyhow....

Of course there are problems everywhere you go as you mentioned, scenes bitch fights, people attacking all over the place etc....

The thing is they are not out in public forums like this, and if they are I certainly have never seen this.

I'm only making suggestions not only for the good of FST but the members here, and the filesharing community in large, because we are out in the open, something quite different from what goes on behind the curtains, if you understand my point...

PEACE

Jezus DasFox,
I never thought there were people as old as me here.:naughty:
If somebody wishes to give me an invite to a tracker, I've been around long enough to know the RULES
As for people going to jail, if they are good at what they do they won't get caught.:shutup:

Just read your post Detale, TRUE :)

LOL, I am an old timer, and as far as going to jail over something like this, just remember there is always someone better then the next person to catch you... :)

Anyhow enough said on my part, I hope you guys didn't take anything I said the wrong way, I'm not here to bark out orders, LOL, I'm just trying to share a little to help make this a better place, that's all... ;)

PEACE

DasFox
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Think of it in this manner. It shouldnt be the mods job to police forums for traders and such...

For example...
Microsoft releases a new product in their lineup.
Bob steals it and releases it on the internet.
While Macromedia products support windows....
It doesnt mean Microsoft can contact Macromedia and ask them to police their products for illegal windows copies....

Its basically up to Microsoft to police their own software from their end... nobody else is gonna do it for free... maybe some other companies will if they get paid to do so.

^^^ The way I see it when we ban traders. ;)
Its our own damn job to catch them. FST is not gonna do it for us. And we shouldnt expect them to.

Good point! :D

The trackers need to police themselves, I guess what I meant was just to have some help over here as well...

PEACE

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Has it been six months already, doesn't time fly when one is having fun?

Hey Skizo, best set the alarm watch for Oct 2008 when the next lot of honourable newbs will have been here a month a two and will want to set the world on the straight & narrow path to righteousness and try to tell you how to do your job :P

/me goes looking for my old t-shirt :D

Tokeman
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Think of it in this manner. It shouldnt be the mods job to police forums for traders and such...

For example...
Microsoft releases a new product in their lineup.
Bob steals it and releases it on the internet.
While Macromedia products support windows....
It doesnt mean Microsoft can contact Macromedia and ask them to police their products for illegal windows copies....

Its basically up to Microsoft to police their own software from their end... nobody else is gonna do it for free... maybe some other companies will if they get paid to do so.

^^^ The way I see it when we ban traders. ;)
Its our own damn job to catch them. FST is not gonna do it for us. And we shouldnt expect them to.

Good point! :D

I the trackers need to police themselves, I guess what I meant was just to have some help over here as well...

PEACE

They do have help, if they choose. Check out the sticky on guidelines and you'll see a few sites listed that are not allowed to be traded here.
As said, its up to the trackers to police themselves, and fst is actually helping if you look hard enough.

DasFox
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Has it been six months already, doesn't time fly when one is having fun?

Hey Skizo, best set the alarm watch for Oct 2008 when the next lot of honourable newbs will have been here a month a two and will want to set the world on the straight & narrow path to righteousness and try to tell you how to do your job :P

SgtMajor goes looking for his old t-shirt :D

I admit the title of the post should not of been written like it was looking like a demand, the point of the post was just about everyone trying to help is all, nothing else really, I'm not here to tell anyhow how to do their jobs, and I'm no ones Noob either, even if I've been here a short period of time, I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...

Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob, or trying to push my weight around, sorry if you took it the wrong way, I'm just saying let's help the Filesharing community out, for the sake of the filesharing community, that's all, now is that really so terrible?

PEACE

LaPistola
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...
You obviously haven't...:dry:

1000possibleclaws
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
ughh the OP comes off as such a pretentious suck up

puckface
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
blah blah blah, you do know that offering giveaways on public forums of invites and accounts are usually against tracker rules as well right?

your solution: close the invites section all together

right?

DasFox
04-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...
You obviously haven't...:dry:

Why?

As I said I have, been around long before P2P was ever invented...

Grind$oFine
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I think it's important for people to follow the rules, but I think it's their own responsibility. And it's also the trackers responsibility to take care of the issues.

FST has provided a great forum. There some "rule breaking", but no matter how many mods there are, it's not practical to even consider trying to control trading, etc. Plus, rules differ from site to site - and they change often.

FST does have the possibility for staff on BT trackers to become community reps, which I think is more than enough to help trackers control their users that are here.

A big problem is, although there are a lot of good staff members, there are a lot of bad staff members with a serious god-complex issues. A lot of BT tracker staff do not respect FST (which is a helpful forum, despite some differences in invite values) and they do not respect the users here - even users who have done nothing wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the trackers' fault if they don't take advantage of the options they have for dealing with FST. And respect should go both ways.

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob,

You failed on both accounts.

Did you try using the search function and just checking that this type of subject has actually been done to death here many times previously, and no amount of window dressing the argument up with flowery words will change it?

Buy hey, you obviously like the sound of your own voice and as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you.

PEACE & RESPECT

nForc3r
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
nobody cares about rules, we are here for warez

DasFox
04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob,

You failed on both accounts.

Did you try using the search function and just checking that this type of subject has actually been done to death here many times previously, and no amount of window dressing the argument up with flowery words will change it?

Buy hey, you obviously like the sound of your own voice and as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you.

PEACE & RESPECT

Of course I've seen posts here and have used the Search, I just wanted to share my view was all, there is nothing wrong with that...

I haven't failed on anything, and I'm not here to listen to myself speak, anyhow I'm not here to bash anyone or anything, so please don't bash and belittle me...

Anyhow I'm sorry I posted this, I know it was a chance, but then again risk nothing win nothing, and I know on Forums the trolls love to come out and just bash on others with nothing more constructive to say, that's not to say you're trolling, I'm just making a point about how it can be...

Anyhow enough said, and I'd appreciate it if people would refrain from the name calling, and be respectful towards each other...

ughh the OP comes off as such a pretentious suck up

Look there is no need for name calling and going off on me ok!

I just tried to make a post to help make things better, and share, that's all...

PEACE to everyone, and I'm done with the post!

P.S. Don't worry I won't bother posting anything anymore, that's for sure...

invite420
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here! (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-fst-should-respect-rules-trackers-and-uphold-them-here-292753)

no!

JROQuinn
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
on that note...advertising with userbars or any other form of advertising goes against the meaning of the word "private", as in trackers or clubs, etc

Polarbear
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
... as long as you yourself uphold the values and principles that you expect others to follow, then that is all that can be expected of you

mmmmhhh. there's one thing that crossed my mind. i'm afraid we are going to see him take part in one of those giveaway threads that break tracker rules sooner or later.

of course i may be totally wrong about that. :whistling

@dasfox: everyone who didn't share his first cracked software recorded as weird sounds on an audio cassette is not oldschool.

i wish you would stop to repeat how oldschool you are. it sounds patronising to others.

SgtMajor
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
everyone who didn't share his first cracked software recorded as weird sounds on an audio cassette is not oldschool.

i wish you would stop to repeat how oldschool you are. it sounds patronising to others.

C15s with 5 games & turboboost, and don't forget to adjust the head for your particular cassette :D

Raban
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
is someone cooking ??? i smell roasting fox . . .. .

Polarbear
04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
... and don't forget to adjust the head for your particular cassette :D

damnit, you are right. i almost forgot about that. that really was a pain in the ass. :lol:

turboload pwns seedboxes! :D

monk3y
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Although i agree with you on this subject, FST was opened for a free conversation without any rules but maybe it's time for a change who knows maybe you'll convince someone in here.

TheFoX
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
To what end would change be.

From the viewpoint of someone at the centre of the whole scene, I find FST a wonderful place.

Now I know that several of my colleagues think that FST is a bag of worms, and they are right in many respects, but some of them miss the opportunities present.

Is the glass half empty, or half full?

Philosophical, isn't it, but that is what FST is like.

If you look at the overall membership here, you will find trader upon trader, and many people who don't give credit where credit is due. But look deeper, and you will find those special members who do give credit where it is due.

Things don't come easy, and finding those quality individuals certainly doesn't, but when you do find those quality individuals, grab them with both hands.

FST may be a hot bed of dissent, but underneath the mass of stupid members lies a core of solid people who are what torrenting is really all about.

On a side note, it should be the topic that is under consideration, not the topic starter. There is no need for name calling or any other flaming. In fact, I find the topic starter to have a better grasp of the English language than most others here, and find his posts easy on the eyes.

As for the post about roast Fox, don't even go there, or I will get Detale to roast someones' arse...

IdolEyes787
04-23-2008, 01:33 AM
For a thread that started off to be about respect,there seems to be a decided lack of it here.
And that includes the individuals who always feel the need to show how big their c**cks are.
DasFox is a good guy who only tries to make things better for everyone on every site that he's on.
End of story.

markupmaster
04-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Dasfox is a cool guy..

He has never done anything bad to me..

:)

kooftspc11
04-23-2008, 02:00 AM
who gives a shit, dude? you just go ahead and live your own life. if you are losing any sleep over some trivial stuff like this then you are a retard

IdolEyes787
04-23-2008, 02:10 AM
What can I say class with a capital c.(if you know what I mean:naughty:)

LIMEROCK
04-23-2008, 03:29 AM
There was an RIAA suit in which they tried to tire a nick to the user and it would have worked if the RIAA had not had its head up its ass so no thanks I'll alternate

(I)
04-23-2008, 03:43 AM
I really liked ur words about the pirates respect each other :)
In fact I like my name and I keep it alive since September 2004
About FST, FST rules forbid trading and public giveaways of the trackers whose staff are active here, good deal imo, if there's a respected tracker, his staff should respect FST community and he'll get it

dunson
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
FST should respect tracker rules in general in order to keep all sites safe and good for the shared userbase. But I really think the users should be the ones out here representing their trackers and telling people not to giveaway their account. The FST staff could probably delete/lock a few more threads and set a higher bar for posting in the invites section, which I think would be a good idea. But really, if we as a group don't condemn irresponsible and disrespectful account/invite usage, then who will?

AugustoP
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I think scene should respect the rules of copyright holders and trackers should respect rules of the scene.

WardenRo
04-23-2008, 06:47 PM
It's scary that many members of this community just signed up for the private tracker invites <_<.

AugustoP
04-23-2008, 07:03 PM
It's scary that many members of this community just signed up for the private tracker invites <_<.

Like there's anything else to talk about.

markupmaster
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM
There's many good users in this section though..

:D

Grind$oFine
04-23-2008, 08:21 PM

Well, it's nice when they stick around after they're done getting into their "dream" tracker. :)

I don't even notice the people who only use the invite section and then disappear anymore - they don't affect much - and they usually don't get what they're looking for either. :rolleyes:

Skiz
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM

Like there's anything else to talk about.

Have you not seen the rest of the forum? :O

max59x
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
So much drama in all this stuff, man chill out, we are talking about sites only, let people do whatever they want, it's not like you trade a invite with other person and you will be thinki'n about it for all the month and balmming yourself and crying in the room feeling guilty. Lol

It's a stupid trade, you get the site you want to have access and that's it, in one second you've forgot it.

People need to stop and think what is this all about, and this is all about sites, and data, files, nothing more nothing less, you get access to the site to download stuff you need/wish for your daily-life. Sites that open and close every year.

If people want to use different usernames LET IT BE then! OMG how much time do you spend on the internet? It's just a hobby not a LIFE were you need to always use the same name.

Btw: I do use always the same nickname but it's because of memory issues (and lazyness to memorize the nicknames/passwords) if I want I create another one and won't feel any pain LOL.

I have never traded too, I don't have the need to do it and I love all the sites I have so I won't...

Oh well... no one is gonna read this but whatever ;)

_coder_
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
@DasFoX
Dude next time you make a thread like this at FST make sure you have a bulletproof vest on. Things can get rough here some times. :D

sear
04-24-2008, 04:49 AM
lol...nice one coder I actually got a chuckle out of that. Come on guys lay off him. He's newer here and as so not as jaded. Sgt I know you used to push hard for change so no need to trash him. I agree that it's a pointless argument FST is FST and that's not changing anytime soon, that's just life ;)

As for respecting the rules...well there's been some good advice here. Just do what you know to be right and be content with your own character. FST can help you make some great friends and if you don't like invite trading then don't visit the invite section. You'll be surprised how quickly it vanishes from your world if you don't bother to read it lol.

SgtMajor
04-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey - I'm not trashing anybody, it's just a POV, admittedly not coated with honey & sweet sticky toffee and infected with a million stupid smileys therefore not to everybody's taste, but that's all it is a POV, doesn't make it right or wrong, I call it just the way I see it at the time.

I refer you to a post made by Polarbear not long ago about keep seeing the same things posted over & over again, maybe some just need to acquaint themselves much better with what has previously been posted, by getting to know, & have a good understanding of, what goes in here and why, and that comes with experience of the place and having the knowledge to know what can & cannot be changed, for all the good and all the bad that that entails. Sometimes the newbs do have fresh ideas, but they are few and far between and the more fundamental issues have been done to death many times over, maybe asking a gentle question or 2 would have been better than telling everyone how it should be.

Exasperation is as good as I can get to describing some of the posts I see here these days, and maybe it's about time I just left well alone, who knows.

But if people are getting upset about posts in a forum on the interwebz, then dear me there really are more serious issues to be addressed in the world at large than mere printed words.

Have a nice day y'all.

orfik
04-24-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm sure this has already been said, but most Bittorrent sites use foreign servers to avoid the legal responsibility attached to providing pirated media in their own countries. If you can't see the hypocrisy in those same sites insisting you not go elsewhere and break their rules, I don't know what to do with you.

puckface
04-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Hey - I'm not trashing anybody, it's just a POV, admittedly not coated with honey & sweet sticky toffee and infected with a million stupid smileys therefore not to everybody's taste, but that's all it is a POV, doesn't make it right or wrong, I call it just the way I see it at the time.

mmmmmmm..... toffee

Polarbear
04-24-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm sure this has already been said, but most Bittorrent sites use foreign servers to avoid the legal responsibility attached to providing pirated media in their own countries. If you can't see the hypocrisy in those same sites insisting you not go elsewhere and break their rules, I don't know what to do with you.

even on a pirate ship there's a captain, there's a crew and there are rules.

charter on a pirate ship and then go ahead and tell them that you don't care about their rules, because they're breaking the international law of the sea in the first place.

join the mafia and tell them that you don't care about their code of honor, because you think that they are criminals and hypocrites.

go to jail and tell them that you don't care about prison rules, because they all were sentenced.

your argument that a private bittorrent site must not enforce its internal rules because they are breaking the law is very weak if not utter bullshit.

you go ahead and create a club, an organization or an internet site based on pure anarchy. let's see how far you get with your no rules policy.

trackers enforce their rules for the security of the site, its members and to make a non chaotic, organized form of filesharing possible for you.

if you think that is hypocrisy, ignore the rules and (hopefully) get kicked out or buy you're fucking media.

your childish "you break the law, so don't make any rules" approach doesn't work.

you want to get everything for free from exactly those site you accuse of hypocrisy.

learn to show some respect and social aptitudes towards the people who put their asses in the line of fire for you, kid!

Disme
04-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey - I'm not trashing anybody, i

Yes you are and polarbear to ... insinuating DasFox will do giveaway's himself, telling him he is not entitled to an opinion just because he's not a long time member and only has 400 posts.

You are discrediting him, I believe every member with a normal IQ can see that.

Being old school or not has not much today with the subject here. Maybe he shouldn't stress on it in every post, but in my eyes the ones showing of are you two (SgtMajor and Polarbear).

everyone who didn't share his first cracked software recorded as weird sounds on an audio cassette is not oldschool.

C15s with 5 games & turboboost, and don't forget to adjust the head for your particular cassette :D

I was under the impression people could express their opinions here, even if it goes against the opinions of FST-staff or it's members. He did take the time and effort to express his point of view and this is what he gets.
When TheFox is talking about missing opportunities, I think this is an example of it.

And the ones calling him names are just loosers that don't have enough vocabulary to express their point of view.

Anyway ... you can start bashing on me now :naughty:

Skiz
04-24-2008, 09:30 AM
...just loosers that don't have enough vocabulary to express their point of view.

Quoted for posterity.

orfik
04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
even on a pirate ship there's a captain, there's a crew and there are rules.

charter on a pirate ship and then go ahead and tell them that you don't care about their rules, because they're breaking the international law of the sea in the first place.

join the mafia and tell them that you don't care about their code of honor, because you think that they are criminals and hypocrites.

go to jail and tell them that you don't care about prison rules, because they all were sentenced.

your argument that a private bittorrent site must not enforce its internal rules because they are breaking the law is very weak if not utter bullshit.

you go ahead and create a club, an organization or an internet site based on pure anarchy. let's see how far you get with your no rules policy.

trackers enforce their rules for the security of the site, its members and to make a non chaotic, organized form of filesharing possible for you.

if you think that is hypocrisy, ignore the rules and (hopefully) get kicked out or buy you're fucking media.

your childish "you break the law, so don't make any rules" approach doesn't work.

you want to get everything for free from exactly those site you accuse of hypocrisy.

learn to show some respect and social aptitudes towards the people who put their asses in the line of fire for you, kid!Eh, idiot. Get over it.

Polarbear
04-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Eh, idiot. Get over it.

...just loosers that don't have enough vocabulary to express their point of view.

Quoted for posterity.

no comment.

Disme
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Quoted for posterity.

no comment.

Why don't you throw in another line and make us see how old school you are instead of the no comment. :P
It's not because you caught me on a typo that the contents of my message is disposable.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Have you not seen the rest of the forum? :O

I hope you're not suggesting that they go to the lounge are you.:shutup:

lostdemon
04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I've read some very funny things at the lounge. People who only stay in this section should go and explore this site more and check it out.
Not a bad place

markupmaster
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I never visit the lounge that much..

I usually just stay in this section and I will sometimes visit the Music,Games,and Movies sections..

:D

TheFoX
04-25-2008, 03:10 AM
There's quite a bit of bashing going on, and it's not healthy in any measure.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but we do have a set of unwritten rules that dictate what is acceptable banter, and what is unwarranted abuse.

Banter is good and healthy, and often helps to forge friendships where none previously existed. Abuse starts wars.

What started as a simply OP bashing has now descended into a general bash fest. It's like watching football fans laying into each other after their teams have played.

Thankfully, there are quite a few sensible posts to keep things sane.

Oh! On a note about oldschool, I probably predate most here, as I first got into computers back in the 70's, when a 90MB Phoenix hard drive took two people to carry, or a Winchester 200MB cost £4000 (equivalent to £16,000 in today's money).

orfik
04-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the future, gramps. :\

Sanka113
04-25-2008, 04:17 AM
One must remember that the invites section was created as a safe place to trade and get invites a good while ago. Back then trading wasn't really as frowned upon as it is now. Now, almost every tracker that uses the TB kit recycles the same rgeneric ules that forbid trading giveaways and cheating. Maybe if trackers would make up and add to those existing rules people may respect them more.

sabre
04-25-2008, 04:40 AM
you sound like a absolute dipshit DasFox. When you keep saying these kinds of things and then saying your oldschool, been around forever etc.. just shows how little you do know.

There are thousands of trackers, how do you expect FST staff to know every single rule of these trackers? it should be the trackers staff's responsibility to handle users who break their rules.

SAM
04-25-2008, 04:51 AM
We can't ask FST to respect all trackers rules.it just a dream will never come true.
And i think the thread poster is aware of this as he mentioned that himself.
Fst has several agreements with many respected trackers and i think we can work from there.
It's hard if not impossible to stop trading but we can work on lessen its harm.Also bashing or insulting the thread poster won't help,I think we should discuss his ideas not his personality.