PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Failing

lightshow
08-11-2003, 03:40 AM
I've been having a horrible time with my hard drive :( . It is a Samsung 40gb ata100 hard drive (samsung sv4002h). It is currently in dma mode 4 according to my ide controller card (which i updated *sis ide controller*), but it hangs on everything. :angry: :angry:

I took it to pcpitstop.com and it says its been trasferring at from 9mb/s to 29mb/s. It took the test about 5 times. My motherboard supports up to ata 66 but my hard drive just won't do it. It's only about 2 years old and its been reformatted twice to try to fix the problem but to no avail. I'm thinking about buying a new hard drive, but i was thinking a pci ata133 card would be cheaper...

Do you think i should go with the pc card or get a new hd? ;)

zapjb
08-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Look I don't understand the point of your post, except the title. Go to the HDD makers site & RMA it. Up until about a year ago just about all HDD had 3yr warr. Now just about all HDD have only 1yr warr. GL.

balamm
08-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah how would an ata ide controller card instead of a hard drive help you?

Wolfmight
08-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by zapjb@12 August 2003 - 12:58
Look I don't understand the point of your post, except the title. Go to the HDD makers site & RMA it. Up until about a year ago just about all HDD had 3yr warr. Now just about all HDD have only 1yr warr. GL.
Mine had 4 yr.. and i bought it off ebay too.
Maxtor 40gb 7200 rpm. :D

gonna get an extra *working* 40gb to add to my 80gb hd computer soon.
now i'll have 120gb totalz wew, finally a place to store those movies.. and ISOs :lol: