PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Take a Law Class can help me?

asmithz
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
EDITOH YEA.... This is California law. So you might not be able to help enless you know California law :(

Taking a law class, and haven't been doing so well. Actually no one in the class has. No one has a grade higher then a C, and me having a D+ isn't good. Anyone mind taking a look at this (you don't have to) and just tell me what fourth amendment issues you see? I really want to get at least one assignment above a damn 70/100

My professor likes to make up stories and have us find laws broken in them. this past couple week we have been working on fourth amendment issues and it has been kind of hard since the fourth amendment covers so much. If you can take a look I'd really appreciate it. It's a quick read too. But I know I will miss 3 or 4 issues.

EDIT2: Found 10 issues.

Melinda is a foot patrol police officer on the Ecstatic County Public Safety Force (ECPS) in the state of Euphoria (Euphoria has the same laws as California.). She has been patrolling the City of Delight’s downtown section for two years. She has come to enjoy the daily contact with the merchants and residents of her patrol area.

On this Monday morning patrol she spots Blake and Jordon coming out a down town apartment building. C. They pause outside the building, and Jordon counts out some bills to Blake. They talk briefly and start walking away from the apartment. They do not see Melinda. Melinda is curious and follows the two to the next apartment building where Jordon enters the building followed by Blake a few minutes later. They both exit the apartment about five minutes later with Jordon counting out cash and giving some to Blake.

They are both startled when Melinda approaches them from behind and asks what they are up to.

“Nothing, nothing, ahh where did you come from?” Blake asks.

Jordon replies, “I just owed D-Man a few bucks.”

“I want you both up against the wall with your hands and feet spread. Do it now. Quickly!”

Blake whines, “But why? We didn’t do anything.”

As Blake and Jordon comply Melinda asks, “Blake are you still on probation from your unpaid tickets?”

“Ahh man I don’t know. That was just informal probation shit. I never even had to call my PO, you know?”

Melinda turns to Jordon, “I heard you were out of state in California. Someone said you spent most of your time in Chino State Prison. Is that true?”

“Sure, sure,” says Jordon, “I was there for a minute. I got early release. They got a baaad prison overcrowding problem there.”

Melinda asks Jordon, “Are you on parole?”

Jordon just shrugs.

Melinda searches each of them and finds no contraband. Jordon has $200 in twenties, fives and tens.

Blake has $150 dollars in the same denominations.

Melinda is about to question them more when she hears a moan from the apartment that they are standing in front of. The weak sounding moan is repeated. Melinda recognizes the apartment as belonging to Ms. Jones, an eighty year old woman who lives alone and has severe health problems.

Melinda tells Blake and Jordon to beat it as she quickly climbs the steps to Ms. Jones apartment. Melinda knocks on the door several times and there is no response. She reaches above the door (Where Ms. Jones always keeps a spare key.) and takes down the door key and enters the apartment.

She sees Ms. Jones lying by the window. The old woman looks pale and sick, and she is semiconscious and can only moan as Melinda tries to comfort her.

Melinda radios in a 911 call as she searches the apartment for Ms. Jones medications.

Melinda has gotten Ms. Jones safely into the ambulance and is walking by the Brandon Rodgers Middle School when the principle, Chris Sligh, calls to Melinda. Chris wants Melinda to search several student lockers for possible weapons and drugs.

Melinda and Chris chat as she searches three lockers and they find a pellet gun that looks very much like a real handgun.

Melinda is returning to her beat when she sees a Fish and Game Warden ‘red light’ a car and pull it over. She quickens her pace and approaches the stop.

Gina, the Fish and Game Warden, says to Melina, “Back me up. This car has a hunting license tag and I am looking for poachers.”

Melinda backs up the stop as Gina searches the interior of the car and the trunk. After the search Gina drives them t a nearby coffee shop for lunch.

As they are walking to Gina’s car after lunch Lakisha careens around the corner on her bicycle. She is riding on the sidewalk, and she almost runs into the two officers. In trying to avoid the officers the speeding Lakisha slams into the side of a parked car.

As the officers approach her Lakisha starts to run but limps to her feet. As she realizes she cannot out run the officers she pulls a small object from her pocket and starts to swallow it. Gina quickly gets her arm around Lakisha’s neck and Melinda pries open Lakisha’s mouth and removes a small plastic bag of white powder.

They place Lakisha under arrest and put her in the back of Gina’s car and the bicycle in the trunk of Gina’s car. Gina gives Melinda a ride to the city jail.

Melinda can not wait to get through with the booking and paper work so she can return to her beat.

Alien5
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
i fuckin hate pigs. :dry:

Alien5
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
jk :happy:

brotherdoobie
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
jk :happy:

No you're not. :noes:

-bd

Alien5
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
:lookaroun

Alien5
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
the law is an ass. :mellow:

Chip Monk
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Let me get this right, your taking a "law class" and you think the word is "enless".

This is a wind up isn't it.

Alien5
04-24-2008, 05:59 PM
if any cunt doesn't wanna be searched just kick em to the floor and knee em in the back Squeamous style, fuck yeah! :w00t:

chalice
04-24-2008, 06:10 PM
if any cunt doesn't wanna be searched just kick em to the floor and knee em in the back Squeamous style, fuck yeah! :w00t:

I knew you'd turn into a goose-stepping freak once you got that security guard uniform.

When do you get your Luger?

Sextent
04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0912/lex_luger_195.jpg

Sextent
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM

I think it's more a discussion on probable cause issues but I could be wrong.

Alien5
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
no its about unreasonable searches and seizures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

nazi merkins eh?

My professor likes to make up stories and have us find laws broken in them. this past couple week we have been working on fourth amendment issues and it has been kind of hard since the fourth amendment covers so much.

i cant be bothered to sift through all that shit right now.

Sextent
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Uhuh and the search would be unlawful without proper probable cause.

However there are certain exceptions and also things like cars are different from things like homes

And also searching for medicine when someone is ill is different from searching for evidence.

Alien5
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
...or searching for my rizla.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yt5xA9jZtJQ&feature=related

Something Else
04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Now that's a fuckin tune..... :w00t:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6498/6a47bbd1f6ky6vc2.gif

dunson
04-25-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm not a 4th Amendment expert. Honestly we didn't really cover it much since that is probably left for upper level courses, but I emboldened the possible issues I spotted (and highlighted a spelling error in red). Maybe this helps.

Melinda is a foot patrol police officer on the Ecstatic County Public Safety Force (ECPS) in the state of Euphoria (Euphoria has the same laws as California.). She has been patrolling the City of Delight’s downtown section for two years. She has come to enjoy the daily contact with the merchants and residents of her patrol area.

On this Monday morning patrol she spots Blake and Jordon coming out a down town apartment building. C. They pause outside the building, and Jordon counts out some bills to Blake. They talk briefly and start walking away from the apartment. They do not see Melinda. Melinda is curious and follows the two to the next apartment building where Jordon enters the building followed by Blake a few minutes later. They both exit the apartment about five minutes later with Jordon counting out cash and giving some to Blake.

They are both startled when Melinda approaches them from behind and asks what they are up to.

“Nothing, nothing, ahh where did you come from?” Blake asks.

Jordon replies, “I just owed D-Man a few bucks.”

“I want you both up against the wall with your hands and feet spread. Do it now. Quickly!”

Blake whines, “But why? We didn’t do anything.”

As Blake and Jordon comply Melinda asks, “Blake are you still on probation from your unpaid tickets?”

“Ahh man I don’t know. That was just informal probation shit. I never even had to call my PO, you know?”

Melinda turns to Jordon, “I heard you were out of state in California. Someone said you spent most of your time in Chino State Prison. Is that true?”

“Sure, sure,” says Jordon, “I was there for a minute. I got early release. They got a baaad prison overcrowding problem there.”

Melinda asks Jordon, “Are you on parole?”

Jordon just shrugs.

Melinda searches each of them and finds no contraband. Jordon has $200 in twenties, fives and tens.

Blake has $150 dollars in the same denominations.

Melinda is about to question them more when she hears a moan from the apartment that they are standing in front of. The weak sounding moan is repeated. Melinda recognizes the apartment as belonging to Ms. Jones, an eighty year old woman who lives alone and has severe health problems.

Melinda tells Blake and Jordon to beat it as she quickly climbs the steps to Ms. Jones apartment. Melinda knocks on the door several times and there is no response. She reaches above the door (Where Ms. Jones always keeps a spare key.) and takes down the door key and enters the apartment.

She sees Ms. Jones lying by the window. The old woman looks pale and sick, and she is semiconscious and can only moan as Melinda tries to comfort her.

Melinda radios in a 911 call as she searches the apartment for Ms. Jones medications.

Melinda has gotten Ms. Jones safely into the ambulance and is walking by the Brandon Rodgers Middle School when the principle, Chris Sligh, calls to Melinda. Chris wants Melinda to search several student lockers for possible weapons and drugs.

Melinda and Chris chat as she searches three lockers and they find a pellet gun that looks very much like a real handgun.

Melinda is returning to her beat when she sees a Fish and Game Warden ‘red light’ a car and pull it over. She quickens her pace and approaches the stop.

Gina, the Fish and Game Warden, says to Melina, “Back me up. This car has a hunting license tag and I am looking for poachers.”

Melinda backs up the stop as Gina searches the interior of the car and the trunk. After the search Gina drives them t a nearby coffee shop for lunch.

As they are walking to Gina’s car after lunch Lakisha careens around the corner on her bicycle. She is riding on the sidewalk, and she almost runs into the two officers. In trying to avoid the officers the speeding Lakisha slams into the side of a parked car.

As the officers approach her Lakisha starts to run but limps to her feet. As she realizes she cannot out run the officers she pulls a small object from her pocket and starts to swallow it. Gina quickly gets her arm around Lakisha’s neck and Melinda pries open Lakisha’s mouth and removes a small plastic bag of white powder.

They place Lakisha under arrest and put her in the back of Gina’s car and the bicycle in the trunk of Gina’s car. Gina gives Melinda a ride to the city jail.

Melinda can not wait to get through with the booking and paper work so she can return to her beat.

LaPistola
04-25-2008, 12:12 AM
The officer never anyone their rights "You have the right to remain silent...ect."

lynx
04-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Let's face facts.

Anyone who is taking Law Class has no chance of helping you. :noes:

dunson
04-25-2008, 12:25 AM
The officer never anyone their rights "You have the right to remain silent...ect."

Miranda rights.
:whistling:

mrnobody
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I only know aboot my state law which is not Cali. =/

JPaul
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM

Given your spelling of "aboot" I'm guessing it's Canadia.

You legal eagles with your crazy speeling. Enless "aboot" means something else.

mrnobody
04-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Given your spelling of "aboot" I'm guessing it's Canadia.

You legal eagles with your crazy speeling. Enless "aboot" means something else.

perujdge...prejugje

no Cnadiian hree :whistling