PDA

View Full Version : Why would you need a demonoid account?

Blackbeard
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Why would you need a demonoid account?, you can download anything off of it without being loged in. :huh:

Swift
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
to upload :)

punki_rach
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Didn't there used to be a limit to how many torrents you could download without having an account?

tommyboy
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Why would you need a demonoid account?, you can download anything off of it without being loged in.I was wondering the same thing

I seen so many people talking about it demoind lately

dunson
04-25-2008, 12:20 PM
You can? :blink:

Seriously, I don't think I like this public thing very much anymore.

markupmaster
04-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Demonoid is a great place.

It may not be "elite" like some,but it is a great tracker with loads of content..

:)

fisherman
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
If I can remember correctly you can only download new torrents if you don't have an acc. So basically it's essential to have an acc there.

dunson
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Demonoid is a great place.

It may not be "elite" like some,but it is a great tracker with loads of content..

It may not be very safe to use though. I mean, I definitely won't be using it much the more I realize how open it is. I like to know that the it is highly, highly unlikely that any agents are looking at my IP address in a swarm. I feel much safer using a smaller private tracker that has only a few thousand members.

soulreaper
04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Before Demonoid went down,without an account, one could only dl the torrents listed in their front page.Just noticed that you can dl any torrent without being logged in,so this is strange,maybe a bug? Anyway I can't wait for their fora to return.

spidey99
04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
if you need google, than you also need demonoid.Demonoid is like google's file searching version...

t0mmy
04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
i think torrentz.com is the google of torrents

lancola
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
it almost has whatever you want

M3dium
04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Man, I wish they had forums back up. It'd be nice to address things like this. Why make the site less secure than it used to be?

dunson
04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
i think torrentz.com is the google of torrents

That's one of the first places I found when I discovered torrents. I had seen links to Warez on sites before, so I figured adding a -z to my Google search for "torrent" would yield all sorts of cool sites to download files.

yasobelber92
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
To spam the forums :lol:

TP635
04-25-2008, 03:12 PM
I was using demonoid long before I have an account there. You can only dl new torrents and there limit to the number of torrents you can dl at any one time.

ehsanotaku
04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
D is not a safe place that happened to be anymore .

Blackbeard
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
oh you can only download so much? didn't know that. :S

lostdemon
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM

It's the same as it was. If your paranoid don't use it

soulreaper
04-25-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes,ofcourse the anti-piracy organisations are going to generate enough paperwork to convict 100,000 or more members of copyright infringement by logging their IPs. Surely must be a trap.

SenorBubbz
04-25-2008, 05:07 PM
You can only download torrents younger than 3 days without an account. Which makes the tracker useless to anyone outside of it.

pone44
04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
can make backup discs of scratched dvd's-cd's u have bought-ect. has everything!

Costello
04-25-2008, 06:22 PM
why?
to download..>> some stuff you will find later on other priavAte trackers

markupmaster
04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Actually Costello,it's kind of the the way around..

Demonoid has a lot of older and rare files that can't be found anywhere else..

That's why I like it..

J-dye
04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
just for the lulz

kondrae
04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks for info. was wondering the same thing...

WarrenBuffet
04-25-2008, 11:20 PM
No, you can't. While many releases are external, there are some... you guess it, internal releases.

IntrepidVixen
04-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I used to love Demonoid because you could just find really old stuff on there. As pleased as I was to see the site back up, I was not please to get an email from my ISP (first ever in 5 years of P2P) with "copyright infringement evidence" re the first demonoid torrent I downloaded since seeing the site back up.

I know I won't be using it any more.

dunson
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
I used to love Demonoid because you could just find really old stuff on there. As pleased as I was to see the site back up, I was not please to get an email from my ISP (first ever in 5 years of P2P) with "copyright infringement evidence" re the first demonoid torrent I downloaded since seeing the site back up.

I know I won't be using it any more.

:unsure:

That sucks man, I'm very concerned about using the site.

Was it a popular torrent? US ISP?

JROQuinn
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
OMG demonoid isnt safe!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously tho people. You guys think we know every ip range of every antipiracy orginization? I mean who's to say they are hiring some of us that are in these so called elite private sites?

No private site is safe, just a little safer than public but not much.

My theory, probably be years away but eventually bordering countries will unite because of the internet laws to make it easier to catch net criminals & eventually a one world government, one monetary system so people that are in China or where ever face the same law & punishment as the US, Canada, Russia, UK & etc.

lostdemon
04-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Demonoid is as safe as promiscuous sex.
We all know it's not safe but sure as hell enjoy it.

I've heard of many people getting letters from their ISP at TL but that doesn't mean everyone will stop downloading from that site.

If you want to feel truly safe then don't download

Annoyed
04-26-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm pretty sure you can only download three torrents a day if you don't have an account. When the site first got back up and I was waiting for hours for my confirmation email on my password(on my old account), I download three torrents. Then when I went for a fourth I got the message I can only download three a day if not signed in.

So that's why you should have an account. Plus it's a great site. Why not have an account there?

Blackbeard
04-26-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure you can only download three torrents a day if you don't have an account. When the site first got back up and I was waiting for hours for my confirmation email on my password(on my old account), I download three torrents. Then when I went for a fourth I got the message I can only download three a day if not signed in.

So that's why you should have an account. Plus it's a great site. Why not have an account there?

Ok thanks man!

klink05
04-26-2008, 03:22 PM
i agree with the promiscuous sex example completely. and to add to it, private sites are like monogomous safe sex, and public trackers are like happily getting a blowjob from a chick with a cold sore.

demonoid is just inbetween, as the public/private part of it denotes. of course you need to be a little cautious, but there's been a number of older TV shows where the only place to have it is demonoid and public trackers, of course i'll try demonoid. at least there i know there's a chance i'm safe and a chance i'm not. straight up public trackers are like that chick with the cold sore and i'm staying away.

carlito03
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Does anybody has a login?
The stuff I'm trying to download you need an account.

ideto
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Would be a simbolic acc xD

teflon05
04-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I have used Demonoid for about 4 years & I have never got any letters or anything else. And I have uploaded a shitload there (I am with Verizon however, & I don't think they really give a shit as long as you pay your bill)