PDA

View Full Version : Tracker with AUDIO CD music ?

Pufonel
04-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm looking for a tracker with audio cd's ( not mp3,just standard compact disc audio ).

Do you guys know any ?

kukushka
04-27-2008, 12:05 AM
from what i know, there is no known technology to transfer via internet audio cd's. as well as any other physical objects :) but if you want only information components from those cd's, feel free to check http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-lossless-293485
;)

1000possibleclaws
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM
he means lossless music

WarrenBuffet
04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Waffles, What, Btmusic, don't even bother with that 4rth one.

Xhester
04-27-2008, 01:25 AM
for lossless the best is BTmusic

slimdogp
04-27-2008, 01:39 AM
lossless and 'audio cd' format are not the same. Lossless means the disc has been ripped to a lossless codec and can be transcoded back to .wav without losing ANY quality.

If you put a cd in a cd-rom drive it will show .cda files.. these are not even files, its just the way windows handles them. CD's are burned kinda like vinyl records.

So, to answer your question.. there really is no way to download an audio CD.

You can download the cd in a lossy format (mp3) or a lossless format (flac, or WAV is actually another lossless format) ... but there is no way to download the actual audio cd data. It MUST be ripped into a digital format in order to be able to download.

I'm probably wrong about some of that, so feel free to spam me at will ;)

raulinrodriguez
04-27-2008, 02:01 AM
i don't know of any trackers that has isos of music cd's but lossless music has amazing sound quality. What.cd happens to have alot of those and if you want to sign up there sign ups are open. Here is a tutorial i found on how to get there invites.

You want a a What.CD Invite, and have IRC, then that invite is easily accessible, with a bit of knowledge of transcodes and audio codecs First, you open up your IRC client, and join the following:

Server: irc.what.cd
Channel: #what.cd-invites

(A very easy to use IRC client for firefox users is the "Chatzilla" Firefox add-on, although, most use mIRC, which is more customizable etcetera.

Then you enter the following command: "!queue", and you will be automatically entered into a waiting list, to be interviewed by a what.cd VIP regarding why you want to be a member, your connection and your knowledge about audio codecs, proper uploading, trans codes etcetera. The wait is averaged at 110 minutes, I know a long time, but worth it if you love music, and truly want to be a what.cd member. The interview is fairly easy.

If you fail the quiz (which is very unlikely) you are aloud to re-take it at a later date.

pbjabba
04-27-2008, 02:24 AM
The only way to get 'audio cd' music as you put it would be to download iso, bin/cue images of a cd. No tracker carries these though as they're pretty useless size wise. Downloading lossless music formats such as FLAC is a much method of sharing cd quality audio. These can be burned back to cd producing practically 1:1 copy of the original disc

Pufonel
04-27-2008, 10:25 AM
lossless and 'audio cd' format are not the same. Lossless means the disc has been ripped to a lossless codec and can be transcoded back to .wav without losing ANY quality.

That's what i'm looking for :) LOSSLESS ( FLAC ) music

Aliyans
04-27-2008, 11:01 AM
hi
BTmusic is dedicated lossless..if u want to get in just pay a donation.. n u r there..

t0mmy
04-27-2008, 11:23 AM
i had btmusic for a day :[ dont know what happened, i just meh'd :]

Pufonel
04-27-2008, 12:59 PM
hi
BTmusic is dedicated lossless..if u want to get in just pay a donation.. n u r there..

$25 = PU status for 4 weeks
$50 = PU status for 8 weeks
$6.25 = PU status for 1 week

It doesn't say how much is for an invite :unsure:

C-mos
04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
·:·);2804744']Waffles, What, Btmusic, don't even bother with that 4rth one.

listen here ...these three are the best for what u need

kukushka
04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
·:·);2804744']Waffles, What, Btmusic, don't even bother with that 4rth one.

listen here ...these three are the best for what u need
but you can never be 100% sure until you get to the 4th ))))

dunson
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
hi

I'm not sure if you can pay for an invite. I saw something there about donating to get back a disabled account...

kukushka
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM

I'm not sure if you can pay for an invite. I saw something there about donating to get back a disabled account...
getting to what.cd for money is more legal - members get 2 invites for donating, so if you have a fellow member.... ;)