PDA

View Full Version : Account GA - good/bad

mievmo
04-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi all, Yeah it's me ( was away awhile ).
So, I notice that some ppl are against the idea of - account giveaway.
Then, here we are. voting in a poll, lemmi hear what u guys think of it :)

saqib
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
it is a big NO . ur account is meant for ur personal use only , there is no difference in trading account and just give it away . in both cases ownership changes .

Night0wl
04-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Bad. Your account is your identity, not someone elses.

F.B.I
04-27-2008, 03:51 PM
No, if you don't need the acc just delete it. The same thing with the invites, give them to your friends, people that you really trust.

dunson
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
If you can't get join a tracker by the rules, you have no right to be a member. Before you've even become a part of the community, you have already disrespected it and misrepresented yourself as someone else. So, anyone who receives an account is a liar who disrespects the rules of trackers. I don't want any part of that. I won't take an account from anyone and I won't give any away.

Trust me, I have a bunch of accounts that I'd love to give to good users here, but it is against their rules. Just because I'm done with them or don't use them much, doesn't mean that I can now disregard the tracker's rules and giveaway my nicely buffered account.

etqwplaya
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I think it's ok, except if account is on community based tracker like ScL.

Tokeman
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Account giveaway is no different from invite giveaways for most trackers. Both giveaways are against most trackers rules, as they want you to invite people you know and trust, not strangers. Its hypocritical to say invite giveaways are fine but account giveaways are not.

Edit: I'm not saying account giveaways are good, I'm just saying they are no different then invite giveaways, thats all...

J-G
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Account GA is very bad thing. dunson already say all that need to say.
Invites GA is the same. There is no difference (ok there is) but that's against rules too.
It's nice to help ppl's but giving away just for some kind a rep shit is lame.

mievmo
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
I say.. u don't wanna the acount - PM staff that they disable/delete it.
so for me NO

mrnobody
04-27-2008, 04:20 PM
it isn't a good thing.

1. the account is meant for you. Your inviter had enough trust to invite u; giving away account would be betraying him

2. the account buffer can be misused by new account holder

3. new account holder takes on identify of the old one. so if he sells invites...the old ip that is attached with it can get in trouble.

mr.xom
04-27-2008, 04:20 PM
that lesson i learned in FST

this account u havve is for personal use only , if u dont need it so let is die ( banned for inactivity )

its ur account so dont give it for any one

use it or ask staff to disable it

Swift
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
NO , because it`s personal .stopped giving away accounts and invites

lysine
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
you also put the person who originally invited you to the site at risk. if the person you give the account messes up, the original inviter could lose their account also.

ceasar
04-27-2008, 05:04 PM
The funniest thing for me to watch here is so called anti-traders looking for high levels. Since usual policy of asslicking/GLucking/spamming won't get them what they want this people don't mind participating in giveaway, where others getting rid of accounts for some reason. And as someone wrote above - it's the same as trading, which they all against. That what high level making them break own principles, or probably they have none of it in first place.

For myself not being one of those idiots, I think it's your personal decision to trade or not to trade. Old FST was build around good trades and was fun to watch. You trade - you get lucky, or you get scammed and learn more about trackers. Now the situation changed, bunch of old schoolers got what their wanted and don't care for trading/non trading no more, just "non traders" still hanging out here and telling n00bs what to do and what is the only right way. Some of the former traders even made trackers, where only "antis" wanted :D

I have more respect (and will give invites to) for honest trader who keeps the good ratio on teh tracker then for "anti" who spammes the forums with his community bullshit. Get life - there's life outside teh internet, community thing is for wankers who have nothing to do, just serf all day long! The only thing that matters on tracker is content/speed.

punki_rach
04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Yawn. And the purpose of this thread is....?

SgtMajor
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-should-fst-ban-account-trading--228710

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-account-trading-good-bad-219087

Grind$oFine
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I think squirr3l touched on the biggest reason.
An invitee can misuse it because of a buffer already established by someone else.
That's just not fair for the rest of the community,
everyone should start out from scratch.
And everyone should have their own identity.

It also puts the rest of the invite tree at risk of being banned,
and in comparison to invite giveaways,
it's extremely easy to get caught, a different IP can easily be detected.
If you change any information, you make things obvious.

Account transfers are against EVERY trackers' rules, it's universal just like selling invites, I don't know why it hasn't been banned here or other invite forums.

yasobelber92
04-27-2008, 06:24 PM
No its not good.It's personal.And if you don't know with what kind of person you're trading, you put your own account at risk and maybe the person who invited you.