PDA

View Full Version : Prob with recover on ScL

Zaxx
04-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Got my login deets mixed up somehow...when I enter my email to recover, it says successful and sure enough there's a link in my email but when I clk it, it says Page Not Found...:unsure:

Don't do IRC really...was hoping to catch a staff member here. Thx. :)

Theif
04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
It means your account has been disabled. Contact your inviter so any staff member for the explanation.

SkyW
04-27-2008, 11:15 PM
ScL Clean Out

We've decided to wipe out all inactive members, therefore any user willing to stay in our community is obligated to be active peerwise.

robotpirate
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM
what does that mean exactly? peerwise.

dunson
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM

I think it implies that you have to be active and leech/seed rather than just banning accounts that haven't logged in for a few weeks.

saqib
04-27-2008, 11:44 PM

I think it implies that you have to be active and leech/seed rather than just banning accounts that haven't logged in for a few weeks.

i think they ll certainly block all COLLECTORS ,who just log in every day to check if their account is there , and no activity in tracker or community , thats how im getting it

dunson
04-27-2008, 11:48 PM

i think they ll certainly block all COLLECTORS ,who just log in every day to check if their account is there , and no activity in tracker or community , thats how im getting it

Certainly...honestly I'm sorta surprised my account is still there since I haven't been so active on that tracker in a week or so and my account is still pretty new. I find it to be a bit extra when I prefer iTS.

puckface
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Theres a couple other reasons you may have gotten disabled as well...

ceasar
04-28-2008, 02:09 AM
Like bunch of wankers monitoring FST and reporting ppl they don't like in special thread, ahahaha :lol:

Zaxx
04-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Must have been inactivity...I've been up to my eyeballs in real life the last few weeks. A bit too impatient imo. Have logged in a few times in the last 2 weeks, posted once or twice as well. Wasn't active on the tracker as of yet..nor will I be from the looks of it. Guess I should have grabbed something I didn't want/need as well. :dry: Their tracker, their rules...so be it.

SceneLOL
04-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Next time be active in a tracker. :D

Over 300 accounts have been disabled in ScL.

Just from last week.

That1Guy
04-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Kinda lame ScL is pruning accounts less than two weeks old. Then again your timing was just bad, as they have been having probs with people not using their accounts, and are now pruning them.

puckface
04-28-2008, 04:13 AM
Like bunch of wankers monitoring FST and reporting ppl they don't like in special thread, ahahaha :lol:

I guess I kinda meant breaking rules, but whatever floats your boat.

Annoyed
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Must have been inactivity...I've been up to my eyeballs in real life the last few weeks. A bit too impatient imo. Have logged in a few times in the last 2 weeks, posted once or twice as well. Wasn't active on the tracker as of yet..nor will I be from the looks of it. Guess I should have grabbed something I didn't want/need as well. :dry: Their tracker, their rules...so be it.

Don't worry about it. Get into a site like IPT(or TL, RevTT, TB, TTi, CZone, etc, etc, etc...). It has probably something like 10x the content, way faster pre-times(and I mean by hours, not minutes), and way faster speeds.

Although, ScL has a really tight-knit community. And that's a huge plus. Also the staff are extremely cool. But if you're only wanting the tracker for content/speed/pre-time wise, than you're definitely not not missing out on much at the moment. Wait about six month or so and try to get back in. I'm sure it will have probably picked up a lot by then.

jasperr
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Kinda lame ScL is pruning accounts less than two weeks old. Then again your timing was just bad, as they have been having probs with people not using their accounts, and are now pruning them.

exactly... thats the problem, there are so many collectors and traders biding their time.. that its bloating the userbase.. they would rather have a smaller "REAL" userbase with active people rather than a huge userbase full of dead weight..

z7x
04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
exactly... thats the problem, there are so many collectors and traders biding their time.. that its bloating the userbase.. they would rather have a smaller "REAL" userbase with active people rather than a huge userbase full of dead weight..

Amen to that mate.

happy
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
You must be active in irc, browse, forum....

F.B.I
04-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I can't see why do you care about the tracker now, since you didn't use it when you had an acc there...

Zaxx
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I can't see why do you care about the tracker now, since you didn't use it when you had an acc there...

Don't worry about it. Get into a site like IPT(or TL, RevTT, TB, TTi, CZone, etc, etc, etc...). It has probably something like 10x the content, way faster pre-times(and I mean by hours, not minutes), and way faster speeds.

Although, ScL has a really tight-knit community. And that's a huge plus. Also the staff are extremely cool. But if you're only wanting the tracker for content/speed/pre-time wise, than you're definitely not not missing out on much at the moment. Wait about six month or so and try to get back in. I'm sure it will have probably picked up a lot by then.

I'm know it's a great site..no doubt about it, as mentioned above..just a case of poor timing on my part..been dealing with medical issues also just finished moving house not long ago and I'm also just married as well. Already a member of the sites you mentioned (see sig) but I am also interested in the newer sites w/ promising communities as well (i.e. iTS) just overlooked their tracker activity requirement..that along with bad timing was enuff. I noticed they still have my email addy in the DB so I assume I'll get denied if re-invited, if I use the same email addy anyway. I understand they want to build a strong and dedicated userbase and I totally understand and don't blame them. Just think they should be just a bit more patient. I was/still am a charter member of a few trackers that are now rather successful...FTN 101 weeks, TL 169 weeks, PiSexy 170 weeks. When I say 'charter member' I mean I wasn't invited...I joined when they were still fairly new and had open reg. I'll give it another go sometime..no big deal..I'm not pissed off or anything close just think their pruning is a bit hasty that's all...otherwise I think it's deff an up n coming site without a doubt, same thing I thought when I joined the above sites and it turned out I was right. I'll file this under 'shit happens' and carry on. ;)

antonii
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
yeah scl make us to be very active ,not just enter our acc and hoping it won`t be deleted i find that for good,but when i am on a holiday.............i`ll be fucked..i don`t know..

FpS
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
There is always the "account parked" option in your profile, so don't worry and enjoy the holidays...

jasperr
04-29-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm know it's a great site..no doubt about it, as mentioned above..just a case of poor timing on my part..been dealing with medical issues also just finished moving house not long ago and I'm also just married as well. Already a member of the sites you mentioned (see sig) but I am also interested in the newer sites w/ promising communities as well (i.e. iTS) just overlooked their tracker activity requirement..that along with bad timing was enuff. I noticed they still have my email addy in the DB so I assume I'll get denied if re-invited, if I use the same email addy anyway. I understand they want to build a strong and dedicated userbase and I totally understand and don't blame them. Just think they should be just a bit more patient. I was/still am a charter member of a few trackers that are now rather successful...FTN 101 weeks, TL 169 weeks, PiSexy 170 weeks. When I say 'charter member' I mean I wasn't invited...I joined when they were still fairly new and had open reg. I'll give it another go sometime..no big deal..I'm not pissed off or anything close just think their pruning is a bit hasty that's all...otherwise I think it's deff an up n coming site without a doubt, same thing I thought when I joined the above sites and it turned out I was right. I'll file this under 'shit happens' and carry on. ;)

well m8, i thought this was another one of those boo-hoo i lost my account threads... after reading this post it seems like many have jumped the gun a bit.. IF what your saying here is true, it seems like your lack of activity is understandable, bad timing indeed. if you wish, pm me with your site nick there and i'll talk with a admin about getting your account reinstated... up to you guy.. i'm just trying to help you out..

dogie
04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
listen to the jasperr zaxx if you want to have your acc enabled again :>

Zaxx
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM

well m8, i thought this was another one of those boo-hoo i lost my account threads... after reading this post it seems like many have jumped the gun a bit.. IF what your saying here is true, it seems like your lack of activity is understandable, bad timing indeed. if you wish, pm me with your site nick there and i'll talk with a admin about getting your account reinstated... up to you guy.. i'm just trying to help you out..

That would be very nice indeed..and yes, my reasons are real..no reason to lie. Will pm you shortly. If reinstated, don't worry...I'll jump on the tracker sooner rather than later, have no problem with that. I appreciate your willingness to help..heh, I posted this thread thinking the recover function was acting up..lol. Ttys...thx...Zx

elmabits
04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
What irc ?

jasperr
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
What irc ?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:....................:huh: