PDA

View Full Version : BitMe account disabled

Tago Mago
04-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I had an account with BitMe, but I've not used it for a long time. It's been disabled, for inactivity I presume. I'd really like to get back on there, as I'm in a big research phase now and looking for materials. I've got decent ratios on both Waffles and WhatCD, and invites to trade for both, but I obviously don't want to cause any problems for traders or myself because I've had a previous account. So, is it possible to get back on BitMe if you've had an account disabled?

mrnobody
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I had an account with BitMe, but I've not used it for a long time. It's been disabled, for inactivity I presume. I'd really like to get back on there, as I'm in a big research phase now and looking for materials. I've got decent ratios on both Waffles and WhatCD, and invites to trade for both, but I obviously don't want to cause any problems for traders or myself because I've had a previous account. So, is it possible to get back on BitMe if you've had an account disabled?

ask in their IRC.

Tago Mago
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
That's a good suggestion. Anyone clue me in on what channel they're on?

Minuteman
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Google says:
server: irc.wikkedwire.com
channel: #BitMe.

Haven't tried it myself though.

fisherman
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Here's the IRC details, Server: irc.bitme.org
Channel: #bitme

I guarentee I know what they will tell you :happy:

dj_strix
04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
bitme is very fast in removing accts due to inactivity

I 've been banned twice for inactivity

Tago Mago
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM

What will they tell me? Get lost, deadbeat?

happy
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I heared they don't unlock accounts but I hope it for you ;)

fisherman
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM

What will they tell me? Get lost, deadbeat?

I don't know if they will say them exact words :D They way they see it is you had an account there and you wern't using it so they pruned it so some other user that probably will use it can sign up.
If you were going to be away for awhile or couldn't access your acc you could have parked it.

So the chances of them re-enabling your acc is slim to none imo.

But you never know, go and ask them and prove me wrong.

I wish you the best it getting it re-enabled :)

rajbakwas
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
best of luck mate -

just curious for the future - what constitutes 'activity'?

do you have to log in? or simply keep your client open for ul/dl?

maverick_andy
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
:(I lost my bitme,BitmeTV too with heavy bufferred because of 1 yr inactivity. Asked in IRC, only apply apply but no reply reply

killercam101
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
1 yr inactivity is HUGE lol and bitmetv has a huge thing about not using their site they expect you to d/l at least 1 gb a week ;)

Costello
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
it something fishy here:dry:

Minuteman
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
1 yr inactivity is HUGE lol and bitmetv has a huge thing about not using their site they expect you to d/l at least 1 gb a week ;)
Not quite that harsh...their rules are quite fair actually. There are thousands who want into their site, so the only fair thing is to prune accounts that obviously are used less than once every month.

nikhil87us
04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
inactivity means u dont need it
so its hard chance u get it back

Annoyed
04-30-2008, 08:39 AM

Don't go around spreading false info. It's not 1gb a week, and I'm sure you know this. If you have an account then read their a faq.

The Flying Cow
04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
So activity on these tougher (yet obviously much juicier) trackers means grabbing at least 1 item a month, and keeping tracker active for seeding. Just that right?

I mean obviously for those who watch a show, f. ex. How I Met Your Mother, or The Office (US), then you grab it once a week, but in BitMe it's really a situation that you wanna grab 90% of the info they got on there, but you have to contain yourself :lol:

vinod242
04-30-2008, 09:57 AM
hey pal,
talk on their irc,they r pretty cool even my account was disabled i spoke to the mods on their irc and my account was re-enabled as a matter of fact even i had posted a similar thread just like this
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-please-help-289973.

breakforce
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
My acc is disabled I dont know for what

napoleoni
04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
My invites are disabled and I don't know why ?!

killercam101
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
My invites are disabled and I don't know why ?!

they upgraded powerusers are only u/l 50gb + and now i think a user may not have more than 3 invites at a time. Since they noticed a lot of traders/cheaters dont quote me on this but they might just give invites to Elite/vips for the time being.

sovaz
04-30-2008, 07:20 PM
It's a good thing they r tidying up the site i think...Coz there were way to much cheaters, traders, scammers and non-active members in a tracker which is of a high standard.