PDA

View Full Version : Help BCG account disabled

Nitesh
04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Just tried to log in today and it says it's been disabled, I had a good ratio and did not recieve a reason why It was disabled

Help?

Tokeman
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Try their IRC or ask Stoi...

sidepocket
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Are you sure it was not for inactivity?

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Just tried to log in today and it says it's been disabled, I had a good ratio and did not recieve a reason why It was disabled

Help?

I've got the same problem today 2:1 ratio have been active on the account since getting it a couple of weeks ago uploaded 20 odd gb and downloaded 10.

Haven't used it for the last 3 days and now I get the account disabled message, the account was originally mine my friend got a member of staff to create the account there for me and now it's gone....

I have switched ISP's and used a seedbox and my own IP on the account in the two weeks I've been at BCG's maybe it something to do with that. I asked for the BCG's irc channel in another thread and can't find it on any of the usual lists.

Oh well nm shit happens eh, pity cause it was the perfect place for me to get DS game packs...

Nitesh
04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I used mine yesterday and it was fine, my ratio was around 4.9

I'll ask a few more members to see whats happened with them

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 04:48 PM
nice one I've not been able to talk to my inviter yet and I don't know anyone else on the site so hopefully you get some answers cause it's be good to find out what's happened

I take it you've never traded your accounts / invites in public forums or created a duplicate account, cheated or anything like that ?

Nitesh
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Only used someone else's seedbox once but I spoke to Ciron after that and he didnt ask about it

And the person was not a member

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have contact details for any staff at BCG to find out whats happened... ?

F.B.I
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
stoi will tell for you the reason, i'm almost sure.

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
K Cool how do I get in touch with this Stoi character then, I can't find cstaff contact links in any part of the BCG site I have access too... ?

TidusBlade
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, you can use the staffbox, theres a link for it on the navigation bar on the right, at the bottom I think, should say "Staff". It's not always stoi, but you should get a quick reply, also try the #help channel on their IRC, usually a quick answer if staff are around ;)

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I've spoke to the person who invited me and they've spoke to the BCG's staff and apparently my account was disabled for building up my ratio a little by chunk seeding.

I do this on most trackers when I first sign up and have never had a problem with it, even check the irc channel every now and again to make sure hit and runs weren't the bot always reported "perfect record" or whatever it is.

Still haven't been able to speak with anyone myself to see if I can get my account back, it's not looking very promising though :)

Aerozin
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
what is chunk seeding?

TidusBlade
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I think he means partial seeding, since it kind of disrupts the whole seeding system there and also is kind of frowned upon, also I think it's a way to abuse the Hit and Runs system...

If you promise you'll download everything back and use SP to seed it back, you should be able to get back your account ;)

Nitesh
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I spoke to the adminsistator (Ciron) about partial seeding a few months ago and I agreed to stop

So why ban me now ?

Ghostbusters
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah I was only seeding 50 or 100Mb sections of wii & 360 torrents I'd probably have between 50 & 100gb to download and seed back, seeding them back with the use the SP system there is easy but I don't think iI can be bothered using up all my own bandwidth or the seedboxes drivespace, I only really needed it for DS games anyway and I can get them elsewhere.

Still a pity though as the BCG forums & community was really good.

Oh well a lesson learned :)

stoi
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM
ok, Partial seeding, is to make a buffer, but why buffer when you cant hit and run, it doesnt make sense.

it also looks like a cheat as well, its a classic cheat method, so if you do it honestly you can get tarred with the same brush.

and if all you wanted was DS games, then 4 torrents would have done it 0001-0500, 501-1000, 1001-1500 1501-2000 (then maybe a few more to get you up to the latest)

I can understand how buffering yout account with partial seeding is a must do on some other sites, but not on BCG, there is just no need of it.

BTW if you both PM me your usernames i will have a look at your accounts but im not promising anything.

Tokeman
04-30-2008, 01:00 AM
stoi,
you ask, why buffer when you can't hit and run. I'll try to explain.
Global ratio isn't as important as torrent ratio, but, if your global ratio is too low for too long, you can get warn'd/ban'd (most sites anyway). Buffering will help keep your global high enough that you can dl the bigger packs and have the time to seed them back, without worrying about your ratio in the process.

Thats how I look at it anyway, and its the method I use at sites like bitmetv, where good things are often over a few GB...

stoi
04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Well i did say i understand why its done on other sites, but with our SP mod, there is really no need for it, and it totally screws up the SP for the seeders as well, thats why its frowned upon on BCG.

And why 99% of the "packs" are completely multi rared into 1 so members cant partial seed, or shouldnt partial seed anyway.

raulinrodriguez
04-30-2008, 02:04 AM
why partially seed on BCG anyway. Its really simple to seed on BCG specially the last few days with mario kart for wii and gta. I joined about a week ago and i already have a 140 gb up to a 24 gb download ratio. BCG ROCKS

Cabalo
04-30-2008, 02:13 AM
now i understand the poll on the main page... it has logic.

SgtMajor
04-30-2008, 02:27 AM
why partially seed on BCG anyway. Its really simple to seed on BCG specially the last few days with mario kart for wii and gta. I joined about a week ago and i already have a 140 gb up to a 24 gb download ratio. BCG ROCKS

So why overseed?

For the very same reasons that have been stated, there is no need to go over 1:1 at BCG, indeed you make it more difficult for others to get off their current torrent to grab another one as they have to use to SP system to move on, you have prevented many others from getting 1:1 by just seeding alone.

Think about it.

raulinrodriguez
04-30-2008, 03:00 AM
So why overseed?

For the very same reasons that have been stated, there is no need to go over 1:1 at BCG, indeed you make it more difficult for others to get off their current torrent to grab another one as they have to use to SP system to move on, you have prevented many others from getting 1:1 by just seeding alone.

Think about it.

i understand what you are saying. But i have only been with BCG for about a week and atleast every day i see atleast 2 torrents with 1 seed and 20 + leechers which are great to upload. The thing is people just want to download want to download games that they are actually gonna use. Me on the other hand just started downloading what ever i saw was gonna get help me get my ratio up. So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.

stoi
04-30-2008, 03:08 AM
k well i have to be careful here obviously lol

But you get promoted to SPU @ 2.05 ratio, 12 weeks, 15 completed torrents in your history and 100 gig uploaded.

We also have a strict hit and run policy like i have already mentioned.

So whats the point in having a ratio of 20-700 (unless your an uploader uploading a lot of 0day scene).

Also whats the point in being a member of a tracker, not using it to download things you want. and only downloading for a good global ratio.

I am not getting at you or anyone else here, i just cant see the point. use the tracker for what its there for, downloading games you want to play, does not matter if its newly uploaded, or has been on the tracker for a year or more. as with SP you will get a 1 ratio anyway, even if no leechers show up for another year.

SgtMajor
04-30-2008, 03:16 AM
So why overseed?

Think about it.

i understand what you are saying. But i have only been with BCG for about a week and atleast every day i see atleast 2 torrents with 1 seed and 20 + leechers which are great to upload. The thing is people just want to download want to download games that they are actually gonna use. Me on the other hand just started downloading what ever i saw was gonna get help me get my ratio up. So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.

That's even worse than overseeding, and for you to admit that in public is an astoundingly naive way to becoming a good member for that site. Ratio means nothing there, nothing whatsoever and you are preventing those on slower connections from achieving 1:1 and all for what?

There is NO reason whatsoever to increase your e-penis size at BCG, it took me a while to figure out the damage overseeding does, and I hope you can go away and learn sooner than I did that what you are doing does no-one any favours, 1:1.5 should be the optimal ratio for anyone, and even sites that have ratio requirements at 3 for some promotion requirements should really reconsider what they are actually asking members to do.

Please, I urge you to reconsider your actions, especially there.

raulinrodriguez
04-30-2008, 03:28 AM
well i totally understand what you are saying about people with slower connections since am one of those people. I rented a seedbox this month just to get my ratios high enough where i would'int even have to worry about the ratios. My overseeding lol ends in a 2 weeks since i only rented it for a month and can't afford to go over it.

Cabalo
04-30-2008, 03:29 AM
stoi's approach to the ratio system is a fresh breeze in the torrenting world.

the goal there is: get what u want and what u need, no matter if there are (or will be) any leechers. But then seed enough time to allow for others to come and also grab old stuff.
ratio there means shit, but if u are over 1.0 it doesn't matter if u plan to use your buffer to HnR in another torrent, as that simply is not possible. So, actually having a buffer there means shit, you won't use it for anything. it will just grow and grow, as u can't leave any torrent before 1.0.

So do not overseed, u are damaging other people who want to achieve their 1.0 to finish their torrent. And creating a buffer in such conditions, what's the point in it?

stoi
04-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Well i do think part of the problem and i am putting my hands up here, is we still have a ratio system.

But a No ratio system shouts at most users, Freeleech, which i do not agree with at all.

Most members realise that a high ratio is really hard to keep, if you download a lot, even SPU and PU is hard if you have downloaded 500gig.

But on the other hand, not every member will be downloading and uploading exactly the same torrents. imo Global ratio has never worked, but neither does getting rid of global ratio either.

OK if your a closed, tight nit community, that only get members that are "supposed" to know what no ratio means, then it may work 90% of the time, but we are open, and no offence to Noobs here, but they come from using just public trackers, see no ratio, think No ratio cool, and continue on from their public trackers mentality.

There is no 100% proper way to do it, there may be in the future, but atm you will always get those that hit and run, and always get those that over seed for whatever reason. so the SP system was a good middle ground, i wouldnt say it was perfect, if it was we could never improve it, and we are always looking at new ideas to improve it, so it cant be perfect.

anyway im babbling lol

Detale
04-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Honestly I agree with you Stoi I think it's great that FTN has no ratio but I myself tend to seed 150-200% if I can but as we all know most people suck ass and don't do this.

Annoyed
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
So i just downloaded games that i have never even heard of or even plan on playing but just put em to download because i know am gonna get a ratio higher than 1:1 on it. But thats just my take.

But there is absolutely no reason to do this on BCG. I wish more sites would incorporate this SP mod. Since I have to do what you do on most 0day sites just to get a buffer.

If you would have read the faq, then you would have learned that you can get a 1:1 ratio on EVERY single torrent on the site, as long as you keep it active. After 72 hrs. of activeness(I believe?) then the SP mod will kick in. There was no reason to jump on all the newly upped games and only partially download them.

Download whatever game you want to play. As long as you keep it active, you will break even on it. That's the beauty of this site. You find a game that is a couple years old, with a few seeders and no leechers and you must have it, then you have that piece of mind knowing that you will get a 1:1 ratio on it.

I really do hope you can get back in.

stoi
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
raulinrodriguez

is not banned, 2 other members on the first page are. but they have not PMed me yet, so cant check their accounts to see whats happened.

Ghostbusters
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
raulinrodriguez

is not banned, 2 other members on the first page are. but they have not PMed me yet, so cant check their accounts to see whats happened.

PM sent, thanks in advance for your time on this...

BlueLabel
04-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm with stoi opinion
bcg SP its great
although I have my seedbox I tried the SP system 2 times with my IS connection and believe me it works great even if you have slow one.
in the worst case I had to seed the torrent for 5 days maybe less, so agree with me that seeding torrent for 4-5 days its fair enough.
so as stoi said
why partial download??

thedemon44
04-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Lesson of the day: READ THE RULES.

Even a quick browse through them is usually enough to educate you about the sites policies.

Theif
04-30-2008, 04:11 PM
There is NO reason whatsoever to increase your e-penis size at BCG, it took me a while to figure out the damage overseeding does, and I hope you can go away and learn sooner than I did that what you are doing does no-one any favours, 1:1.5 should be the optimal ratio for anyone, and even sites that have ratio requirements at 3 for some promotion requirements should really reconsider what they are actually asking members to do.

I grabbed mario kart wii too from bcg and i immediately turned off the seeding as soon i finished the download but by then i had upped 147gb.

If everyone starts eyeing 1-2 overall ratio then swarm speed will suck big time for any torrent.

stoi
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
are you talking about the whatsup release?

then thats understandable, as he was the only seed and was not seeding from a seedbox, and was giving it 115KBs max. so if you were uploading with a sb on it then i suppose a ratio of that much can be forgiving, because it did take you awhile to download.

Its when we get scene releases, a 100mbit/1gbit uploader, uploads it, and 20 others with SB jump on to help him out seeding it just to increase their global ratio. or just download it, to get a bigger global ratio.

Everything has a knock on effect, hence the creation of the SP system which does nulify it a little bit, but im sure most members that have not got seedboxes, would prefer to get to a 1 or more ratio with uploading, and not having to wait on SP.

but its a catch 22. get rid of the SB users, slow downloads, but high ratios for a lot more members. keep the sb users, fast downloads for everyone, but a lot of members cant get a 1 ratio with just uploading alone.

this is one of the reasons we are opening up though. before a new torrent would last 3 days, it wouldnt quite die but there would be 1000 seeders and 50 leechers, hopefully with opening up, the leechers will keep coming and jumping on it, so those with the SB will move onto something else, and those that want to seed it for longer, will have a chance to upload to leechers and not have to rely on the SP mod, but only time will tell on that one.

Nitesh
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Ok I found it was because after I said not to partial seed i started a download then cancelled because speeds were too low lol

Now I gotta download everything I ever partial seeded and do the 72 hour thing -_-

Stoi you should make it clear in the rules and FAQ strictly not to partial seed as people do it on so many trackers they may not assume just because there is an SP system it will cause problems, yeah an SP system is good for keeping a good ratio with people who can not upload at fast speeds but people will assume people prefer to complete their downoad quicker which is why they partial seed

Theif
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
are you talking about the whatsup release?

then thats understandable, as he was the only seed and was not seeding from a seedbox, and was giving it 115KBs max. so if you were uploading with a sb on it then i suppose a ratio of that much can be forgiving, because it did take you awhile to download.

Its when we get scene releases, a 100mbit/1gbit uploader, uploads it, and 20 others with SB jump on to help him out seeding it just to increase their global ratio. or just download it, to get a bigger global ratio.

Everything has a knock on effect, hence the creation of the SP system which does nulify it a little bit, but im sure most members that have not got seedboxes, would prefer to get to a 1 or more ratio with uploading, and not having to wait on SP.

Yes it was whatsup release. Everything has pros and cons. I personally think that speeds are the 2nd most important factor after content for any torrent site. If i dont get good speeds from bcg, i will probably grab my stuff from elsewhere. At bcg it is quite easy to seed and speeds are normally quite good so it is a nice balance and i would never cuss users with seedboxes.

Anyway you said it all, i just expressed samething in different way. Extreme overseeding is a problem but having ratio 4-5 isn't embarrasing thing for me lol.

BlueLabel
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Ok I found it was because after I said not to partial seed i started a download then cancelled because speeds were too low lol

Now I gotta download everything I ever partial seeded and do the 72 hour thing -_-

Stoi you should make it clear in the rules and FAQ strictly not to partial seed as people do it on so many trackers they may not assume just because there is an SP system it will cause problems, yeah an SP system is good for keeping a good ratio with people who can not upload at fast speeds but people will assume people prefer to complete their downoad quicker which is why they partial seed
come on, even the poor computer have 120 giga less
so seeding torrent that mostly 4-5 giga for 3-5 days aint gone kill somebody, so people who dont have sb can use it too without worry their space.
no need in partial download.
but yes I think its should be in the rules too if its not there already

Nitesh
04-30-2008, 05:03 PM
It is in the rules now not to partial leech but when I first signed up I didnt see it