PDA

View Full Version : Need help breaking into scene

puffykilled2pa
04-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi, I've been using torrents from public trackers like mininova and stuff, and was wondering how one gets into a better scene. I'm at a college campus and am able to seed and d/l at good speeds. I'm willing to seed to a 3:1 average. I have a server here at my campus where I share movies, television shows, and games, so these are the trackers i'm trying to get a part of. Seems like the ones I know of like black-cats are impossible to get into.

And no I'm not trying to get an invite, just wondering how I can break into a better torrent scene, I'm sick of my downloads going 15-30k when I could pull downs megs a second. Please help a newb

PirateEagle
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
:rolleyes::whistling

Sanka113
04-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Check out the stickies.

SgtMajor
04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Check out the stickies.

Specifically sites open thread.

Did I see BCG are open? :cool:

dunson
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I think you've found your doorway to the torrent scene. Stick around here and learn about trackers and join where you can.

I like your username, so if you want a Demonoid invite just pm me.

Detale
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Advice, be a good member here for the 30 days and then you can get into the BT invites area people will give you invites Im sure

twist off
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Well if you want good free trackers, try aradi or midnight torrents...

Spooky
04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Detale is right.

Also, don't take the easiest way to get what you want. I am not a big fan of trading. Everything you want you can be got without trading, just takes time, patience, and getting to know a few good people.

ramishka
04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Be active in the bittorrent section (not the invites section) for a while and the torrent scene will come to you.

Also check the open signups thread. Good ones to with start with which are currently open are:
http://www.wild-bytes.org/signup1.php
www.arenabg.com
http://bittorrents.ro/signup.php

And there are many more.

Skiz
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi, I've been using torrents from public trackers like mininova and stuff, and was wondering how one gets into a better scene. I'm at a college campus and am able to seed and d/l at good speeds. I'm willing to seed to a 3:1 average. I have a server here at my campus where I share movies, television shows, and games, so these are the trackers i'm trying to get a part of. Seems like the ones I know of like black-cats are impossible to get into.

And no I'm not trying to get an invite, just wondering how I can break into a better torrent scene, I'm sick of my downloads going 15-30k when I could pull downs megs a second. Please help a newb

I think this is what you're looking for (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742). Give that a thorough look so you know what you're interested in when your 30 days is up. :)

J-dye
04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
michael scofield

tutipute
04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Just imagine you are Shrek and you are trying to date an amazing chick.

Personallity is all you got man! Expose it and slowly try to make friends.
Just show em' your are not that ugly green monster that you look like at the moment... There are some really great people around that will be more than happy to help you!

Detale
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
michael scofield

No thats when you need to break out of the Scene

prescript
05-01-2008, 03:13 AM
u mean u want to get into better private trackers
"the scene" is something else....

kojin
05-01-2008, 04:50 AM
:yup:

i actually laughed when i read the thread title

whiteboy
05-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Just imagine you are Shrek and you are trying to date an amazing chick.

Personallity is all you got man! Expose it and slowly try to make friends.
Just show em' your are not that ugly green monster that you look like at the moment... There are some really great people around that will be more than happy to help you! Oh shit great analogy!!!!!!!! :yup:

Detale
05-01-2008, 05:30 AM

Well sure I thought that too when I first read it, but there is also the "BT Scene" Which if he is just now beginning to get into private trackers then I'm sure he doesn't know what "The Scene" even is so he obviously is speaking about the prior. Unless of course he is just playing no0b and he works for the RIAA Hmmmmm we'll keep an eye on this one :P

niceguy4
05-01-2008, 05:32 AM
..... And no I'm not trying to get an invite, just wondering how I can break into a better torrent scene...

you do know that breaking and entering is against the law, right?

(I)
05-01-2008, 05:36 AM

Well sure I thought that too when I first read it, but there is also the "BT Scene" Which if he is just now beginning to get into private trackers then I'm sure he doesn't know what "The Scene" even is so he obviously is speaking about the prior. Unless of course he is just playing no0b and he works for the RIAA Hmmmmm we'll keep an eye on this one :P

:lol:

maxpowersin
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
This community is awesome and there are very helpful ppl around. *wink wink :D.If you want to get into high level trackers the best way is actually knowing someone in real life who can invite you. The other options are of course..

1) Asking here in the invite section
2) Asking in other communities etc

But of course everyone asks for ratio proofs in other trackers so you might want to start on some low level trackers..

F.B.I
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
michael scofield

:lol: Of course :D

n0_NaMe
05-05-2008, 01:20 AM

PM me with your email addy and I will hook you up with demonoid. I know its not the best private tracker but it will get you started. When I first started using private trackers demonoid was my first I got invited to. You can also signup at bitsoup, even though its open signup speeds are pretty good.

pone44
05-05-2008, 05:04 AM
try open signup section. :)
wow???? he said breaking in.lol

lolapa
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
michael scofield

Thats so true :)

J-dye
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
michael scofield

:lol: :slap:

Vidde
05-05-2008, 10:12 PM
If you're talking about "the scene", there's a general rule of thumb; ask in a public p2p-forum about it, and you're already failing :p

If you're talking about torrentscene; just hang around, make some intrawebs-friends, or PM Brandon (member here) with a picture of your "stuff" with his name written on it, will get you in for sure ;)

Cheers, and good luck <3
-Vidde

MaAiFu
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
If you're talking about "the scene", there's a general rule of thumb; ask in a public p2p-forum about it, and you're already failing :p

If you're talking about torrentscene; just hang around, make some intrawebs-friends, or PM Brandon (member here) with a picture of your "stuff" with his name written on it, will get you in for sure ;)

Cheers, and good luck <3
-Vidde

yeah i did that, but it was with my girlfriends "stuff" and his name written, it worked much better!

DikTation
05-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Demonoid is probably the best start

maxpowersin
05-08-2008, 04:34 AM

Cheers, and good luck <3
-Vidde

woooh... are you serious about this? If you are can I get some more details. wat picture exactly will I have to send?? :happy:

kcchiefsfan
05-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Man can I relate to this......

By the way, thanks for all the help around here, there's a ton to learn!

Detale
05-08-2008, 05:19 AM
WEll it's been over a week and no other posts from the OP so I guess he doesn't really care all that much after all.

dunson
05-08-2008, 05:28 AM
But I bet he still needs help if he's ever going to break into teh scene. So the thread is still relevant, right?

Night0wl
05-08-2008, 08:08 AM
WEll it's been over a week and no other posts from the OP so I guess he doesn't really care all that much after all.

For at least the last three days I haven't been able to post a thing, so that really doesn't say much. Just now the site started loading normally. Before this it was busy half the time and every time I tried to post anything.

madbeer
05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
watch these videos: http://thescene.technutopia.net/ep1.html

then you can be more scene