PDA

View Full Version : When movies have 'CD1' and 'CD2'

punki_rach
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
I swear I've seen a tutorial about this on a tracker somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm asking here...

You know sometimes you download a movie and it's split into two (CD1 and CD2)? What's the best way/program to merge the two pieces together to watch it continuously?

usersec
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
I dont know whats the best way but you can join it with nandub or virtualdub if you know how to..

both are freeware programs and very powerfull avi editors..

F.B.I
04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
If you want to burn the movie to a DVD you can use ConvertXtoDvd.

If you just want to mix both parts to wach it on your pc, for example, i don't know how can you do that :P

orfik
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Just insert them into a playlist in whatever program you use for video and it'll play continuously.

take5
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
VirtualDub or NanDub are propably the best freeware programs for that kind of work.
You can also use other programs like winavi but you have to know that the target would be re-encoded

punki_rach
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
ok I'll check out virtualdub or nandub, thanks

slimdogp
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I thought those were purposely split up so there is a break to take a piss in the middle ??

Rilly
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
In VirtualDub (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub_MP3_Freeze)

Load the first AVI (CD1) into vdub. Scroll the bar at the bottom all the way to the end of the show. Click on File - Append Video Segment. Browse to the CD2 and select it.
Then - click on VIDEO - and ensure there is "DIRECT STREAM COPY" with the bullet beside it. if its set to "Full Processing mode" then select Direct Stream Copy (this is so it doesn't try to convert / compress again)
Click file - Save As AVI.. and save it.. Should take like 2-3 minutes to save

lostdemon
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
You can also try Allok Video Joiner to merge all your files together.

DKre8ive1
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Here is a guide on how to do it and if it just playing them on winamp or something like that then you just load up both files and one should play after the other like it was stated above.

How to convert DivX/XviD with AC3 to a DVD with AC3 and subtitles
http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/70/59/

dedro
04-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Here is a guide on how to do it and if it just playing them on winamp or something like that then you just load up both files and one should play after the other like it was stated above.

How to convert DivX/XviD with AC3 to a DVD with AC3 and subtitles
http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/70/59/
thanks.....bookmarked:)

Stranger99
05-01-2008, 06:44 PM
You can also try Allok Video Joiner to merge all your files together.

it pisses on the quality

Proph13
05-01-2008, 06:52 PM
You can download VLC Media Player.. open the first movie... then goto View-->Playlist and drag and drop the second avi file into the play list below your first. This will play them continuously. Hope this helps!

DKre8ive1
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Using Virtual Dub to join your files and using steps 1 thru 7 in the guide I posted will not degrade the quality if you leave it as .avi file, but of course you will loose some quality when converting it to dvd.

Grind$oFine
05-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I thought those were purposely split up so there is a break to take a piss in the middle ??

:lol:
I always use the break to go get a snack.

But, if I want to watch them continuously, I just put them into a playlist in VLC like others have described. Seems like it would be easier than wasting time/space combining them together, well IMO.