PDA

View Full Version : I Was Terrified!

99shassan
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
I fell asleep one night but something woke me up very quickly. But it was my mind that woke up and not my body! I was able to notice things around me but I could't move or speak. I remember everthing that night like it was imprinted into my mind. All my senses were hightened, it has to be the most terrifying experience I've had. The only way I got out of it was that I began to breath as loud as I could trying to alert somebody and my body awoke. This happened to me twice, and I have not had this after those times. Has anyone heard a superstition that when you sleep your soul goes somewhere else? I believe this, my soul was somewhere else but my body had awakened. Has anyone eve had this experience before?

Ron
08-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Too much pot. <_<

JONNO_CELEBS
08-11-2003, 05:41 PM
:ph34r: Creepy :ph34r:

To much wan***g :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Lilmiss
08-11-2003, 05:52 PM
i completly believe you.
my boyfriend suffers from this a hell of a lot in certain places.
(no folks, its not the drink that does it to him.)

he just wakes up and freezes, he cant move or speak.
he is really freaked out when he can move and has told me to keep shaking him next time, but its kinda hard to notice whats happening to a limp body. he gets really scared he&#39;s gonna be buried alive one day cos of it, but i tell him "im gonna drive a stick through your heart to make sure." :D

sometimes, when he is in that "state" he thinks he hears and smells his late grandma which is really odd. :blink:

if you ever do find a "cure" for it, i would love to know. ;)

JONNO_CELEBS
08-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss@11 August 2003 - 17:52
i completly believe you.
my boyfriend suffers from this a hell of a lot in certain places.
(no folks, its not the drink that does it to him.)

he just wakes up and freezes, he cant move or speak.
he is really freaked out when he can move and has told me to keep shaking him next time, but its kinda hard to notice whats happening to a limp body. he gets really scared he&#39;s gonna be buried alive one day cos of it, but i tell him "im gonna drive a stick through your heart to make sure." :D

sometimes, when he is in that "state" he thinks he hears and smells his late grandma which is really odd. :blink:

if you ever do find a "cure" for it, i would love to know. ;)
Me don&#39;t think me come visit you now :ph34r: *backing awayyy* :blink:

Jonno B)

Ron
08-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by lilmiss@11 August 2003 - 19:52

he has told me to keep shaking him next time, but its kinda hard to notice whats happening to a limp body.

You shake it, and it still stays limb? :blink:
Isn&#39;t that more of an impotence problem then?
Oh, about that smell, you might wanna change perfume then....

/me runs and hides now.

Lilmiss
08-11-2003, 08:05 PM
hehe, you fools. :D
Ron, its not impotence, its sleep. :P
he could doze through anything, as i have moaned about a million times to anyone how will listen.
(fat boy... ;) )

why, oh why? :(

but seriously, this weird sleep thing has to get sorted, it scares me.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Hehe.........Pixie chick ........you called?? :)

Me not sleep on you.......... :) You get crushed :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Wolfmight
08-11-2003, 08:14 PM
I&#39;ve had some kind of nightmare once where i knew i was sleeping, but it was soo realistic that i felt trapped and stuff.. When i finally woke up, i felt like i just survived. Man, I hate dreams like that.......
Oh yea, i couldnt talk, run, or anything.. like your forced to watch.
Weird.... :(

olibomb
08-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Yea it happened 2 me aswell, it was really freaky :unsure:

bigboab
08-11-2003, 08:52 PM
What you guys seem to be suffering is APNEA

This can be caused by various things, Drugs, slow heart beat among some. Most of the time you stop breathing for a short time this causes you to wake up before your brain does. The cause requires investigation. If you actually wake up, sit up and you still dont know where you are(or who you are&#33;) then this requires immediate investigation.

The good news is that this happens to athletes who have a exceptionally low heart beat. I expect you guys will be in this category. :rolleyes:

Riddler
08-11-2003, 08:54 PM
You realize what all this really means don&#39;t you ?

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Abduct.gif

You gotta believe &#33; ;)

hobbes
08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
What you experienced is called "sleep paralysis".

When we sleep, all our muscles are paralysized, except for those related to our eyes. We do move during sleep, but this is done automatically, not intentionally, in response to pressure points on the body.

What has happened to you is that your mind became "aware", before your muscles could "reawake" for intentional use. What I do is just relax and allow myself to return to full sleep. This takes a little self control as paralysis sucks.

When I can&#39;t relax, I sort of "shock" myself. I try to send an impulse to kick out my arms and legs. Kind of hard to describe, but I try to pretend that I have been electrocuted and attempt to mimick that event. It always works and blinking helps. Sometimes I have to do it a few times.

So don&#39;t worry, this is not dangerous, just the sense of "loss of control" is scary.

hobbes
08-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@11 August 2003 - 21:52
What you guys seem to be suffering is APNEA

This can be caused by various things, Drugs, slow heart beat among some. Most of the time you stop breathing for a short time this causes you to wake up before your brain does. The cause requires investigation. If you actually wake up, sit up and you still dont know where you are(or who you are&#33;) then this requires immediate investigation.

The good news is that this happens to athletes who have a exceptionally low heart beat. I expect you guys will be in this category. :rolleyes:
No, this is not "apnea". Apnea is usually related to snorers and obese people. There is never a sense of "paralysis", these people are awakened fully, often choking or gasping.

Classically, people with "apnea" will awaken the next day with a headache feeling run down. Sleep paralysis is an isolated entity and is incredibly infrequent. Apnea usually is chronic and occurs quite regularly. In fact, people with apnea can be witnesses to have up to 15 episodes an hour, sometimes not breathing for up to 3 minutes.

zapjb
08-11-2003, 11:19 PM
I experienced a paranormal event similar but not the same years & years ago. I won&#39;t go into it, because of a lot of maligning in this thread. Prayer to God (my understanding thereof) released me. Peace.

titey
08-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by zapjb@11 August 2003 - 18:19
I won&#39;t go into it, because of a lot of maligning in this thread.
Since when???? :blink:

CrumbCat
08-11-2003, 11:31 PM
It used to happen to me as well, too many times to count - and it SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I swear you think you&#39;re going to die. I did the same thing - started breathing heavy so that the person or family member in the adjacent room might hear my breathing and come to wake me, but they never did.....I just had to ride it out, and it feels like an eternity.

It hasn&#39;t happened in several years (thankfully), and I hope it never happens again&#33;

Thanks for the horrible reminder.....

Tchau&#33;

99shassan
08-12-2003, 04:35 PM
This was freaky, my senses were also hightened. Also, I&#39;ve never take pot or any form of drugs in my life. Thanks crumbcat for that message, I though knowone believed me, in a way I think this was more spiritual and less scientific. Thats just me though.

Lilmiss
08-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 99shassan@12 August 2003 - 16:35
I though knowone believed me
hmph... <_<

hobbes
08-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 99shassan@12 August 2003 - 17:35
This was freaky, my senses were also hightened. Also, I&#39;ve never take pot or any form of drugs in my life. Thanks crumbcat for that message, I though knowone believed me, in a way I think this was more spiritual and less scientific. Thats just me though.
Don&#39;t you even read your own thread? What you experienced is 0% spiritual. I already told you what you have, as I have the same condition,- sleep paralysis.

The condition is alarming at first, but totally harmless. It is a well known medical entity. So put the crystal ball away, snuff out the incense, and don&#39;t sacrifice your cat. It irks me a little that people jump to mystical explanations, this is how ignorance and superstition survive.

Wolfmight
08-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Yea, i used to sleep walk.. I woke up on the floor once... really freaky

kylej458
08-13-2003, 01:54 AM
A kid in my town fell out a window sleepwalking, but I&#39;ve never done it or had sleep-paralysis.

Wolfmight
08-13-2003, 02:10 AM
btw, is this GTA 3?? >> http://www.geocities.com/kylejdesigns/yum.txt
hehe.

jabby85
08-13-2003, 02:10 PM
99shahan...i have similar experiences frequently since i was a child. i have a couple a week to this day. I dont know what exactly happens to you due to not enough details but my experiences is astral projection. My whole body vibrates really quickly and i cannot move. Hearin and other sense are really obvious and you are awake. Sometimes i hear voices and i hear my own breathing really loud.

Most of the time i know when it happens and i stop it. I have also projected around my room. Nothing to be scared of tho except a groundhog day experience which can piss me off&#33;&#33;&#33;