PDA

View Full Version : Format C:\

BReal13
05-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi guys , i want to format my C:\ drive, have a lot of problems with my Windows:sick:... and my main problem is that i have more than 100 torrents in Utorrent.
Can I make a backup , i don't want to download all the torrents again and seed them. I saw that BitComet had such an option but i don't know anything about Utorrent...

Any advice ?

t0mmy
05-02-2008, 08:05 AM
do you have partitions, if so you could just move all the necessary files that you still want to seed onto another partition separate to your windows one, then just re dl the torrent files after, and let utorrent check for them. If you dont have partitions, id suggest backing up the files that you want to keep seeding onto DVD or a USB HD, and then copying them back over after you've finished with the format :]

czlada
05-02-2008, 08:08 AM
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
folded for resource utorrent

Quasit
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
If you havn't changed where the torrent-files are saved then all you need to backup is the utorrent folder under Application Data.

Start->RUN: %AppData%\uTorrent

t0mmy
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
thats just for getting the .torrent files, but as i said before you'll need to back up the data aswell :]

Quasit
05-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Ah, people actually still save data on their Windows partition? :)
I've only used that partition for program and game installations for ages.

t0mmy
05-02-2008, 08:15 AM
haha, yeah its been a long time since ive only had one partition, it was the worst when it came time to format, id be spewing everytime :[ having to re-dl my stuff

ClodiuS
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Take a external Hard Disk(if you dont have,ask to any friend) and you can do the format in an hour!

BReal13
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
do you have partitions, if so you could just move all the necessary files that you still want to seed onto another partition separate to your windows one, then just re dl the torrent files after, and let utorrent check for them. If you dont have partitions, id suggest backing up the files that you want to keep seeding onto DVD or a USB HD, and then copying them back over after you've finished with the format :]

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
folded for resource utorrent

yes i know about this, i have 3 partitions ( C D E ),I'm just to lazy to check every torrent where i download it, D or E,just wanted to know if there was a simpler and faster way

colombianino
05-05-2008, 01:24 AM
the best thing to do is have 2 hard drives, one for torrent downloads and one only for windows and programs.

i am trying this but i use dual boot with Linux and its difficult since i can't add another hd unless i make it portable (don't feel like buying the little box that makes it portable....)