PDA

View Full Version : problem in usb

sunil
05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi friends I had a problem in my system .I am using windows xp. If I insert pen drive it will detect and work fine. But when i try to remove it will give error like this. The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. But I check in task manger if its there any file is running .even here also there is clear. I need information why this error will come and how to solve that problem

lynx
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi friends I had a problem in my system .I am using windows xp. If I insert pen drive it will detect and work fine. But when i try to remove it will give error like this. The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later. But I check in task manger if its there any file is running .even here also there is clear. I need information why this error will come and how to solve that problemSpeak up, we can't here you.

tesco
05-07-2008, 10:13 PM
wow that's really difficult to read. :blink:

devilsadvocate
05-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Simplest suggestion. Don't just unplug the drive. Close all programs that may be using the drive first. Wait a minute, then try using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option in the system notification area. A single click on the icon will list the removable drives in your system.

nisarga
05-08-2008, 10:27 AM
even i need a solution for this problem.if any one know?

100%
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Try this
right click the drive in explorer > properties > (tab)Hardware
mark the drive (usb device)> properties > (tab)Policies
mark - "optimize for quick removal"
ok