PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download/upload through seedbox

TheMighyThor
05-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I am able to downloaded and uploaded some torrents from a private tracker using my residential connection and now I'm trying to use them through my seedbox. The problem is the seedbox doesn't connect to any peers from the tracker. It can download torrents from other trackers without any problems.

This is the message that it comes up with.
"[2008/05/01 - 23:08:31] error: Problem connecting to tracker - (-2, 'Name or service not known')"

I tried changing the port numbers, but to no avail. Has anyone else had any similar problems with seedboxes downloading from private trackers?

TidusBlade
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Well... it would help if you state your client maybe?
From what I can guess is try to stop the client in your own computer if it's seeding or downloading from the same tracker. Also, some trackers like TorrentStorage only allow you to download from the same computer your on now...

TheMighyThor
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
The client on the seedbox is bit tornado.

I've never attempted to download from both the seedbox and my own residential connection at the same time.

n0_NaMe
05-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Some trackers dont allow bit tornado. The tracker that you are using should have a list of allowed clients, check if bit tornado is on it.

TheMighyThor
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes, it's on the list of allowed clients.

lysine
05-06-2008, 07:44 PM
"[2008/05/01 - 23:08:31] error: Problem connecting to tracker - (-2, 'Name or service not known')"

does it do this on every tracker you try? looks like a problem with the DNS on the server.

PirateEagle
05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
try to change your client to a rTorrent deluge or some other torrent client that u think that is best for your box ;)

TheMighyThor
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
It works fine on the dozens of other trackers I've used.

I don't have the option to change the client on the seedbox I'm using unfortunately.

fisherman
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Make sure the port your using is not blacklisted by the tracker in question.

TheMighyThor
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Yup, I checked that too. :unsure:

fisherman
05-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm not familiar with your client, if you were using uTorrent I could have went through some settings but havn't a clue about your client.

A long shot but maybe the tracker have the IP range blocked of your provider. What is your server provider by the way ? Maybe some of the other guys on here with the same provider might be able to help you out.

TheMighyThor
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
seedboxhosting.com. It's just a simple torrentflux box (as opposed to a full dedicated host), so there isn't that much I can change on it. It generally works with 99% of the private trackers out there I've used. The private tracker I'm having trouble with is what.cd. I had posted in their forums several days ago about the issue, but got no response yet.

Raban
05-07-2008, 12:59 AM
'Name or service not known')"

i don't have experience with torrentflux but when i see that line ^^ it makes me think of port right away...

looking at the announce URL for what.cd its on a very high port and i wonder if that isn't throwing your client for a loop..... see if any of the other trackers you can connect to are on such a high port...

TheMighyThor
05-07-2008, 01:14 AM
That's what I had thought initially. The announce url has a port number around 30000. I had tried setting the torrents to use ports between 1 to 65000. But that didn't work either. Quite odd.

Raban
05-07-2008, 02:19 AM
nah it wouldn't have to do with the port the client uses to listen on ...

the only access you have to the box is trough torrentflux ? i'd think that would make it impossible for you to fix. unless you can contact support and ask them if they have any special configuration which would prohibit you from using ports > 30,000

TheMighyThor
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
FAIK everything worked fine after the hosting company upgraded to a new version of torrentflux. I guess the tracker just rejected versions that weren't up to date.