PDA

View Full Version : Where Art Thou FTN?

mera
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I was very happy to hear that FTN had opened invites again and since this opportunity is time limited, it might be a long while before it happens again. So with that in mind, I would like to put in my request for an invite there. I know there are many requests here, but if you don't even try, then you'll never succeed.

The reasons for wanting to join FTN are many and the words 'its my dream' seem so cliched, but in some ways its true. I joined this forum last year, and have learnt a lot about torrents, trackers and rules and met some really nice people who have helped me and for that I am grateful. Now the time has come to this point in time of hoping to realize this dream.

So, I would like to end this request by saying that, I would appreciate this opporthttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/buttons_black/edit.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2813744)unity and if anyone would like to know more about me or require any information, please send me PM.

Thank you for reading :)

mera
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
It seems I missed the fun last night with the FTN creative thread, you gotta love different time zones :blink: but here is lil' bit of fun...

O Brandon, Brandon, wherefore art thou Brandon?
Deny thy doubts and refuse thy suspicions;
Or if thou wilt not, giveth me an opportunity
And I'll no longer be a dreamer.

Enlightened
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Definitely, very late in getting into the game, like 2 days ago....
I think the Invites that are held by F*N Heroes and Donors are "Expired" , if NOT it is really getting down to the wire.....

Just hope Brandon will take pity on your Soul.....who knows, anyhing can happen. GL

mera
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for letting me know Enlightened. I wasn't sure about the time remaining, just thought I'd give it a go :)

Deathless
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I want too an invite but seems like is harder and harder to get in.And invites will expire in a few hours!

mera
05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Good luck Deathless, I hope we both get lucky :)

This is the final run, so fingers-crossed!

grimms
05-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't know if brandon or anyone else is reading this thread but I hope to one day see you at FTN Mera. I think the deadline has passed for regular members to send out invites.

phoenixfire
05-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Where is brandon? I want one. :D

mrnobody
05-09-2008, 03:07 AM
edit: nvm

Brandon
05-09-2008, 05:47 AM

(I)
05-10-2008, 06:26 AM

Brandon
05-10-2008, 10:31 AM
You seem like a nice girl (or guy pretending to be girl?), but I just can't with good conscience invite someone who can say it's their "dream" to join a torrent site :ermm: I really think you should have much higher standards for dreams.. Like my dream is to get stranded on an island full of horny schoolgirls (legal of course). Or maybe wake up one morning to find that burger king dude standing over me smiling his goofy ass off and offering me a burger. Or better yet, my dream is for torrent sites to stop trying to compare e-penises.. Now that is some serious dreaming right there.

Raise your standards a bit.

mera
05-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Firstly, thank you for replying to my post. I do understand your reservation. What I was trying to convey is I really want to be part of FTN and perhaps my use of the word ‘dream’ was inappropriate.
I do have dreams outside the world of torrents and I am trying to ‘live my dream’ as much as the next person. I have aspirations to be a mother and own my own business someday.
With regards to your question, I am definitely a girl...last time I checked :P. Not that it should matter I hope!

IdolEyes787
05-10-2008, 12:04 PM
You seem like a nice girl (or guy pretending to be girl?), but I just can't with good conscience invite someone who can say it's their "dream" to join a torrent site :ermm: I really think you should have much higher standards for dreams.. Like my dream is to get stranded on an island full of horny schoolgirls (legal of course). Or maybe wake up one morning to find that burger king dude standing over me smiling his goofy ass off and offering me a burger. Or better yet, my dream is for torrent sites to stop trying to compare e-penises.. Now that is some serious dreaming right there.

Brandon I would just suggest that you are being a bit harsh on Mera by disqualifying her solely on the basis of semantics.
Saying it's her dream is like saying she would like to kill someone, just a way of phrasing doesn't make it fact(like if I said that I would like to have sex with Scarlett Johanss.... wait that's a bad example,but you get my drift).
I took the time to read through most of her posts and I think there's a lot more character there than you may be giving her credit for.
You're site you're rules it goes without saying but I think I've seen worse get into FTN.

Brandon
05-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Brandon I would just suggest that you are being a bit harsh on Mera by disqualifying her solely on the basis of semantics.
Saying it's her dream is like saying she would like to kill someone, just a way of phrasing doesn't make it fact(like if I said that I would like to have sex with Scarlett Johanss.... wait that's a bad example,but you get my drift).
I took the time to read through most of her posts and I think there's a lot more character there than you may be giving her credit for.
You're site you're rules it goes without saying but I think I've seen worse get into FTN.

I was totally going to give her an invite regardless lol.. Can't I have a little fun in the process?

*stabs you with your golden leaf avatar*

SgtMajor
05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey B, are you bored, or somerthing??

Lots of posts round here in the last day or so, and with a gsoh as well, you seem back to your good old self if I may say so :)

/hope the PM box is overflowing with good wishes rather than begging PMs, but I doubt it! :P

Nemrod
05-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, I can only say that Mera is one of my few friends on the net. I know her for a long time and I can assure you, Brandon, a few things: she is definitively a lady, a very nice one by he way :). And the really important: for sure she would be a great asset for FTN as she is in a handful of good sites.
I know vouching for her may not mean nothing, but I always like to say what I think I have to say.
Please, boss, take her request in consideration, you won´t regret it. :). I put my own account at FTN as a guarantee..

IdolEyes787
05-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I was totally going to give her an invite regardless lol.. Can't I have a little fun in the process?

*stabs you with your golden leaf avatar*
:lol:sorry B I put my foot in it again it seems.

http://www.shirtaday.com/pastShirts/20070730_canadaBig.jpg

positive
05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Like my dream is to get stranded on an island full of horny schoolgirls (legal of course).

Oh,so you should come to visit Bulgaria this summer.Bring your bag of money and they will even act like you are the only stranded guy on the beach.The horny schoolgirls were the first to adopt the pure essence of capitalism.

mera
05-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Thank you for the kinds words. I am very touched :)

SgtMajor
05-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Like my dream is to get stranded on an island full of horny schoolgirls (legal of course).

Oh,so you should come to visit Bulgaria this summer.Bring your bag of money and they will even act like you are the only stranded gay on the beach.The horny schoolgirls were the first to adopt the pure essence of capitalism.

hehe, excellent, I see what you did there! :P

positive
05-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Haha oops.The excuse that my english is not that good will not work,right? Edited.

Brandon
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
:lol: Those letters aren't even close to each other :(

madbeer
05-10-2008, 02:32 PM
hhahaha burrrn

positive
05-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Well,calling someone homosexual isn't close to my style either.Particularly high figures in sites i don't want to close my door to;).

Seriously "gay" in Bulgarian is written "gey" (with cyrillic letters afcourse) and this is not a word i use everyday so i just didn't though what i was writing.
What,you never confused count with cunt or something?

trackrider
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
congratulations Mera :w00t:

SgtMajor
05-10-2008, 03:31 PM
What,you never confused count with cunt or something?

:lol: Noted for future use :P

mera
05-10-2008, 03:39 PM
congratulations Mera :w00t:

Thanks Trackrider :) I don't know yet if I am in but I think I better close the thread before we go further off track lol.

If Brandon wants to contact me, I think he knows where to find me :)

mera
06-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Reopening this thread and have my fingers and toes crossed :D