PDA

View Full Version : [Request] SCT

sylvanus
05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I am writing this post to ask an invite to SCT. Although I have been in this private tracker world for about 10 weeks, by using two seed boxes I have and following trackers' rules carefully, I have been very active in a lot of trackers including some high ones such as SCC, TL, RevTT, TR, Bitme, BMTV, BCG, AOM and etc. I am always asking for trackers I will use because to me who is a part-time student and has my own company, i do not have time to just have one I don't use. i do not want this for collecting or just having high one because i don't have any interest in collecting these or don't have time to just have one.

my interests are very wide from magic, tv series to game, some of applications and music. the reason i am asking for SCT specifically is that i have heard that sct is the best one in terms of actual stuffs shared through it. Also, it has a lot of collections, which I really want to see. Lastly, i have heard that it changed to make all torrents with not pre-time free-leech, which attracts me a lot.

if you want, i am more than willing to provide you a direct link to all speed tests and ratios. thank you so much in advance!

Aerozin
05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Delet This

sylvanus
05-08-2008, 10:42 PM
any kind soul who can help me out?

antonii
05-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Good luck m8

Aerozin
05-09-2008, 01:22 AM
isnt that hard to get a invite if u pay the 20 euros to some user

Kyl3KK
05-09-2008, 01:26 AM
While this is true, there ARE some users who save invites they received free. The 1 ScT invite I gave away here to a friend of mine was for free.

Aerozin
05-09-2008, 01:30 AM
While this is true, there ARE some users who save invites they received free. The 1 ScT invite I gave away here to a friend of mine was for free.
i also got mine for free , but it will take 99% less time to he get invited if he pays :P

Kyl3KK
05-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I got mine free. I don't think you should pay at all, but yeah, it is the fastest way.

sylvanus
05-09-2008, 01:46 AM
uhm.. i want an invite for free because that is my belief. i can donate later if i become to really like some trackers but i don't want to spend money to get in.. even though sct users have an option to buy an invite for 20 euro ..

thanks for advices though.. =)

sylvanus
05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I am waiting for this precious invitation today as well ! =)

have a nice day FST-ers !

Ragecloak
05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Good luck!

sylvanus
05-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Good luck!

good luck to you too !

i am waiting today as well.. as always.. =)

have a nice Saturday !!

dunson
05-10-2008, 10:47 PM
If you want to get in, arrange with someone you trust to paypal them money and have them donate and invite you, because nobody is going to pay for you just because you've been using private trackers for 10 weeks and like magic. I hope this helps.

colombianino
05-10-2008, 11:43 PM
it isnt the same donating to help them pay the server costs as donating just to get an invite, i have successfully achieved 2 invites on a tracker which rules are what makes it what it is now.

the whole point of donating is to look at your star and feel the excitement of knowing you helped them once/again. at least is what i feel when i look at it :D

dunson
05-11-2008, 01:34 AM
it isnt the same donating to help them pay the server costs as donating just to get an invite, i have successfully achieved 2 invites on a tracker which rules are what makes it what it is now.

the whole point of donating is to look at your star and feel the excitement of knowing you helped them once/again. at least is what i feel when i look at it :D

I also donate because I feel like it. But I don't see why people are invoking some sort of moral principle against paying for an invite in this context.

Think about it, you have a big site that costs a lot of money to run and servers are a big part of that cost. So, instead of giving out invites freely so that all X thousand members invite a friend every once in a while, causing much strain on the server and increasing the costs, if you collect some money in donations for invites, you save everyone money in the long run. By contributing to server costs a lot and allowing the site to build up a reserve and expand, and also by keeping the number of invites down, these donations for invites are exactly what a big site needs to do it seems. Charging a fee also makes people be more careful with their invites, which is a nice security benefit.

jars
05-11-2008, 03:45 AM
I'd be pretty astonished if you got one for free. While ScT's level has gone down because they're easier to get, it's still the sweetest tracker around, ESPECIALLY now it freeleeches the music, tv and movie packs which are obvious golden. If like you said, you're probably going to donate later anyway, you may do well to heed the above advice and bring forward the 'donation'.

sanjana
05-11-2008, 04:36 AM
I got the invitation for free and however if someone who can trust you definitely invite you.. However be active here and start making friends...

This is the best suggestion I can give to get the invitation..

Raban
05-11-2008, 05:21 AM
While ScT's level has gone down because they're easier to get, it's still the sweetest tracker around

yes i would agree with this ... and level is such a relative / meaningless statistic...

of all the sites i've seen SCT is hands down the absolute cream of the crop... no doubt about it. they get everything before everyone else... huge freeleech packs .... they also get lots of stuff which never appears on other sites.

it is, imho, the holy grail....

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 01:42 AM
hello everyone,

i'd like to thank all of you guys for lovely, precious advices. i have heard good things about SCT a lot of a lot of times and thats why i have been looking for it and it became my dream.

i know i can find a trustful person in sct and pay for invite but i just want to get it for free. i dont mean that i wanna get something good for free. i have been, am and will be giving away many invites here and hopefully someone will notice that and invite me to SCT.

as i mentioned above, i am not a collector, trader and cheater. i am using pretty good trackers such as scc, tl, revtt now so i am not in hurry or rush for sct. also i believe that if i get something very quickly, i will probably lose an interest in it quickly.

again, thanks everyone for great advices and have a nice sunday evening (or monday for some of you guys!)

Cabalo
05-12-2008, 03:05 AM
10 weeks in the private torrenting world doesn't make you a veteran, it makes u a newcomer in my book.

And the evidence is you wasting your time asking for a ScT invite for free. Dunson and Raban have said all that there was to be said about the level of ScT, and their policy. whether you like it or not, that's your problem, but if you want to get in, you have to play their game.

There are many ways to get to a tracker, and there is a way to get to ScT. Live with it. For some reason, it is the holy grail of trackers, it's not for everyone, it's just for those that are allowed.

Besides, is it only me, or does anyone else feel awkward when they read something like: "i want an invite for free" ? How old are you?
One thing I can tell you for sure, you won't get one from me in the next months.

Nice dreams. I will dream of Carmen Electra on top of me.

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 05:15 AM
10 weeks in the private torrenting world doesn't make you a veteran, it makes u a newcomer in my book.

And the evidence is you wasting your time asking for a ScT invite for free. Dunson and Raban have said all that there was to be said about the level of ScT, and their policy. whether you like it or not, that's your problem, but if you want to get in, you have to play their game.

There are many ways to get to a tracker, and there is a way to get to ScT. Live with it. For some reason, it is the holy grail of trackers, it's not for everyone, it's just for those that are allowed.

Besides, is it only me, or does anyone else feel awkward when they read something like: "i want an invite for free" ? How old are you?
One thing I can tell you for sure, you won't get one from me in the next months.

thank you so much for your sharp advices.

First of all, English is not my mother tongue so my threads can be misinterpreted. Please understand that.

I am pretty sure that I am old enough. I am not a kid but I do not see any point here that I need to reveal my age. =)

What I meant by "I want an invite for free" is that I do not want to pay actual money for it or trade it with another tracker. I know it is not possible to get an invite to such a valuable tracker with no efforts. I know I need to give away a lot of invites to people, make some good friends and so on but as mentioned above, I do not want to pay for an invite. That is what I mean and I believe I made this point clearly enough but I guess I did not.

The reason I said 10 weeks is that I want to be honest. I knew that 10 weeks is not long at all. It even makes me look a lot younger. I knew that. All I want is that I have been in trackers only for 10 weeks. Yes. I am young. I am new. But with help of seed boxes, I have been doing this much. I do not know this is enough for SCT or not. But I just want to tell anybody with an invite my full situation so that that person can decide if I am eligible for his/her invitation or not. I have never meant that 10 weeks is enough or long. I know there are many people here who have been around for over 1 year or a lot more than that.

Yes, I know Dunson, Raban and other people reminded me of rules, policies and whatnot for SCT. I understand what they meant and appreciate their times in writing those threads for me.

Thank you Cabalo for your bitter but helpful advice. I know it is very hard to tell something bad to other people. I really appreciate your time and help.

Good night.

amade
05-12-2008, 05:24 AM
I recommend you to prove yourself a good and valuable user - e.g. doing some giveaways of invites you have.

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 05:37 AM
I recommend you to prove yourself a good and valuable user - e.g. doing some giveaways of invites you have.

thanks amade for your recommendation. I just started to get some invites and have been trying to give them away! =)

Thanks again and have a good night.

Cabalo
05-12-2008, 05:55 AM

First of all, English is not my mother tongue so my threads can be misinterpreted. Please understand that.

I am pretty sure that I am old enough. I am not a kid but I do not see any point here that I need to reveal my age. =)

What I meant by "I want an invite for free" is that I do not want to pay actual money for it or trade it with another tracker. I know it is not possible to get an invite to such a valuable tracker with no efforts. I know I need to give away a lot of invites to people, make some good friends and so on but as mentioned above, I do not want to pay for an invite. That is what I mean and I believe I made this point clearly enough but I guess I did not.

The reason I said 10 weeks is that I want to be honest. I knew that 10 weeks is not long at all. It even makes me look a lot younger. I knew that. All I want is that I have been in trackers only for 10 weeks. Yes. I am young. I am new. But with help of seed boxes, I have been doing this much. I do not know this is enough for SCT or not. But I just want to tell anybody with an invite my full situation so that that person can decide if I am eligible for his/her invitation or not. I have never meant that 10 weeks is enough or long. I know there are many people here who have been around for over 1 year or a lot more than that.

Yes, I know Dunson, Raban and other people reminded me of rules, policies and whatnot for SCT. I understand what they meant and appreciate their times in writing those threads for me.

Thank you Cabalo for your bitter but helpful advice. I know it is very hard to tell something bad to other people. I really appreciate your time and help.

Good night.
Wrong. Giving away publicly invites means breaking most trackers rules. But the intention is good. And to some people, just like to me, sounds that you are just giving away invites just to get something in return sooner or later, and that completely changes the meaning of a true and honest giveaway.

Listen, i didn't mean to sound harsh on you, that wasn't my intention, though i admit it sounded like that. English isn't my mother tongue as well.

I just want to point out that 10 weeks in private torrenting plus FST is still far from making you a guy that has been around and knows how the "system" works.

Anyway, here goes (again) my personal story with ScT: i waited 10 monts to get invited to it, cuz i didn't want to pay for an invite. And in the end i got it and it wasn't completely "free" in the true sense of the word (didn't involve money nor trading). So, if you're in a rush, find someone to get you there, otherwise avoid requesting it publicly, as i can assure you no one will give it to you (at least in the present conditions).

Good luck out there. And don't put getting into a tracker as "your dream". Many people wouldn't fulfil a request due to such "dreams". Trust me, there are more than u imagine.

Funkin'
05-12-2008, 06:01 AM

Good night.

You will eventually get an invite for free. There is no reason to pay to get into the site, especially since you already have TL, SCC, and RevTT. In my opinion, SCC is just as good as ScT. The pre times are just as quick as ScT, and the speeds are fast too(not as fast as ScT's though). So for right now, there's no reason to spend your money(especially since the site isn't worth paying to get into in my opinion). And there is no reason to feel bad for wanting an invite for free. Everyone does.

Just stick around and make friends, and you'll eventually get in. Also, become active in the forums of the trackers you belong to. You can also get invited from there too, not just from here. And if all else fails, come and request again around Christmas time. ScT hands out invites for free to power users and above then. So there will be a lot of invites floating around then.

Also, don't be fooled by that dumb ass WTAW list. Some of the "lower level" sites are just as good as the "higher level" ones.

Good luck in your quest.