PDA

View Full Version : Worm Using Kazza

wormless
08-12-2003, 03:19 AM
backdoor.optixpro.12 trojan horse by default it opens port 3410

it copies itself n runs wen windows starts, notifyies the hacker through ICQ.
listens on TCP port 3410 and waits for commands from the trojns creator.

provides the creator with :
cached passwords.
full remote access to your computer, such as turning the power on/off, modifying files,and monitoring yr system.stops the processes of some antivirus software and monitoring tools. kazza.exe the exsistance of the file kazza.exe is an indication of a possible infection.

i wud be very carefull and mcafee is always in brackets on the site we use not mentioning its name n i havnt so far. maybe mcafee is easy target.

IamCool
08-12-2003, 03:28 AM
thanks for the info <_<

Ass2iN
08-12-2003, 03:30 AM
Just a common fact....There are a ton of viruses/worms on kazaa. ;)

wormless
08-12-2003, 03:41 AM
yeah but 4 ppl who dnt read the info norton or mcafee n ne other virus protectors

BawA
08-13-2003, 10:03 AM
i have something similar to it but tanx to Symantec online help i fixed it

the virus was W32.Blaster.Worm which effects msblast.exe and the resualt was this:

http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/83/4B/A4834B/viewable/A4834B_131A55DEB5E_1.jpg

RPerry
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
I give up trying to keep these together...... :(

thedirtyd
08-13-2003, 10:54 PM
how did you fix that? i have the same problem where it restarts my computer after a while. it only happens when i go online though.

please help&#33;&#33;

callum
08-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by thedirtyd@13 August 2003 - 23:54
how did you fix that? i have the same problem where it restarts my computer after a while. it only happens when i go online though.

please help&#33;&#33;
Check out software world there&#39;s about ten threads on it.

Here&#39;s one.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61257

NightStalker
08-13-2003, 11:20 PM
I have heard reports that the "Blaster" worm will attack Microsoft Servers Saturday.. ;) (Windows Updates server)

shn
08-14-2003, 01:28 AM
My router closes all ports by default unless I specify otherwise in the web based configuration panel.

Even if I did happen to catch a trojan and it opened up a port, the only person that would be able to connect is me from localhost. Even though the port would be open internally no one would be able to connect from outside my network.

Thats the beauty of a "hardware-based" firewall :lol:

slickd420
08-14-2003, 02:09 AM
BLASTER WORM is a very bad worm.Go to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...aster.worm.html (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html)
and fix it or your in trouble.

baseballboy
08-14-2003, 02:20 AM
Microsoft home page has the update fixes for the blaster worm. The information is in the top right corner of the web page. It&#39;s under "Help Protect Your Computer." Here is the link:

http://microsoft.com/

Good Luck&#33;&#33;

skelley521
08-14-2003, 02:46 AM
Of course microsoft has a patch for the blaster worm. Blaster sets all the infected &#39;puters to attack microsofts windows update page on the 16th of this month. I say we leave it and lets see how good of a job it does....pml.

soma
08-14-2003, 07:48 AM
bawa@klite_user...I had the same message but I think my virus was different...this one affected the temp files and I also had the same problem as thedirtyd...my comp is at the shop cause I have no clue how to fix it...anyway im curious since I have Norton (not sure which one), i havent updated in I dont know how long, how do u know if the update would possibly catch the worm...i mean like I think it was the Klez virus I caught (the one that affects only filesharing progs like Kazaa and I-Mesh), so how would I know if the update would include the klez virus blocker inside?

Amarjit
08-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Yeah, the blaster worm was on the news yesterday being disussed upon about the issues of http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and it being taken down, but they said Microsoft were going to release a patch, because the virus is vunerable to Microsoft Windows 2000, NT, XP and .NET Server 2003.

Finch
08-14-2003, 11:40 AM
i was infected with the blaster worm yesterday and its a bad worm, it kept on crashing my pc but you can remove it easly. if you go to the symantec site there&#39;s a removal tool.

whyudra
08-18-2003, 03:13 AM
This help Me...

To get into safe mode, restart the computer, while the computer is restarting repeatedly press the F8 key until you get the Windows Startup menu. When you get the startup menu choose safe mode

Disconnect any Internet connection. Clear TSR&#39;s. Restart into Safe Mode,
Boot into Safe mode/Administrative. Click on Start, Run type in Services.msc.
Double-click on &#39;Remote Procedure Call (RPC)&#39; then change the following to &#39;Take no Action&#39;.
First Failure: Restart Service
Second Failure: Restart Service
Subsequent Failures: Restart Service
Change to "Restart after.." to 60 mins.
Click on Apply and OK.
Now Restart the computer

hope this helps
help me when my computer keep restartin

internet.news
08-20-2003, 01:23 AM
I did not hear about it and never had it as I remember, but
if it gives access the hacker about your pc :( that is not good :) ...

thanks anyway, david.

harrycary
08-20-2003, 01:57 AM
The blaster worm(it&#39;s not a virus) enters through a hole in the Windows O/S. There are more harsh versions of it being released.

Sadly, the patch for this very "hole" was released by Microsoft back in July.

I have no sympathy for anyone who got this.

Windows update at least once a month&#33;

Geesh people, MS operating systems are on 90% of the PCs out there. If you wanted to affect the most users, what operating system would you target?

bowrabob
08-20-2003, 06:33 AM
I had a worm about 2 mths ago,,,, Backdoor Trojan,,,, Norton told me where to look but I could not find it," nasty little worm ", so I formatted. can it disguise itself ?

harrycary
08-20-2003, 12:29 PM
If you use any antivirus software be sure to update it. Otherwise it may not detect the latest malicious code being released on the internet. (that&#39;s how AV makers get you, by making you pay yearly subscriptions for these updated definitions)

The Bear
08-20-2003, 12:38 PM
My aunt had that RCP prob when she first set up her comp. I downloaded a different patch and it solved the problem. I had the same one too and couldn&#39;t get rid of it - had no idea how I could get the blaster worm. So I reinstalled ME.

harrycary
08-20-2003, 10:22 PM
The Bear
You didn&#39;t have the blaster worm. It can only affect Windows XP/Pro, NT and 2000. (these O/Ss use a different file system then Win98/ME)

Don&#39;t know what you had but I sure hope you&#39;ve run windows update.