PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Got Hit With The

Adster
08-12-2003, 07:02 AM
jesu christ I formated my HD twice today after the first time I connect to the net to upgrade the XP critaical patches guess what?? the f*cking prick got me within 5 seconds!!

tryed the friggen symantic thing it was bullshti didnt work it wasnt running in the task manager so that didnt help so now at the moment Im a bit lucky

ultramagna
08-12-2003, 07:14 AM
sorry for you infection. Just as i read your post, i updated my norton to the latest 50811s virus file version which is the just released version to intercept the virus...MAN...this looks like a mean virus!

Virus info:

using TCP port 135. This worm will attempt to download and run the Msblast.exe file.

Block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level, and then block the following ports, if they do not use the applications listed:

* TCP Port 135, "DCOM RPC"
* UDP Port 69, "TFTP"

The worm also attempts to perform a Denial of Service (DoS) on windowsupdate.com. This is an attempt to prevent you from applying a patch on your computer against the DCOM RPC vulnerability.

Adster
08-12-2003, 07:17 AM
man dont count on nortons!!! it foun dit for me!! but didnt do whit all said unable to repair and unable to open the prick!!

yes it is a mean virus

Im currently trying upgrade my XP vulnabilitys now!! beofe the prick gets me a 3rd time!!

ultramagna
08-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Well, i shouldn't have any ports open, and.....

The worm contains the following text, which is never displayed:

"I just want to say LOVE YOU SAN!!
billy gates why do you make this possible ? Stop making money and fix your software!!"

Damn, the dude is trying to be funny with his virus!

Adster
08-12-2003, 07:32 AM
yeah lol its actully a txt file that says that

but btw can u help me on how the hell I block those ports?? Ijm using Personal firewall nortons 2003 have no idea!!

chalice
08-12-2003, 07:34 AM
It seems to be everywhere.
I'm almost positive I got it from CDClone software from Kazaa.
It's in a LOT of small software files.
Not good.

N£MO
08-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Just install another firewall,Agnitum Outpost Pro is very good.

Adster
08-12-2003, 08:07 AM
It seems to be everywhere.
I'm almost positive I got it from CDClone software from Kazaa.
It's in a LOT of small software files.
Not good.

nope nothign to do with kazaa its some stupid bastard hacking computers you take your fiewall off for 5 seconds your gone!!!!!!

Dapadipz
08-12-2003, 11:32 AM
i was hit with this fucker too :angry:

Pitbul
08-12-2003, 12:04 PM
yeah i got it too and Hogster Norton only gets it if u keep ur Virus Def up-to-date thats why it didn't repair and erase it is cuz of that ur Autolive update doesn't do much to prevent a virus like this. its not Nortons fault they came out with there own fix and a new Update nott o meantion a Liveupdate but it was ur fault for not keeping ur Anti Virus up to date. i up dated both AutoLive and VirusDef Version to the newest and ran the Norton FixBlast Prog and it found it and got rid of it and it is no more on my Computer.

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:18 PM
lol its funny you said that becaeu jsut after the first death crash box came up nortons came up in the corner to live updade bad timing eh

MetroStars
08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Yep this virus sucked big time, i was hitting my computer thinking it was just my computer.. how wrong was i :lol:

callum
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
I got the virus without k-lite or any other file-sharing program being installed, I didn't even download anything from any websites.
The comp I got it on is very rarley used for browsing the net, I only use it for playing games and I hadn't even been plaing online games.

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:30 PM
As I said just an average user who only uses the net 5 minutes a week could of got the prick!

ghost944
08-12-2003, 12:40 PM
i cought it to at first i didnt know why the hell my computer wanted to shut down then after i rebooted i seen a few websites that were describing the symptoms of this worm, i didnt even download anything ;)

Alucard1475
08-12-2003, 12:41 PM
I didn't got hit :) but most of the computers at the uni did. :(
Luckily updated to the newest virus definitions and the w.update.

Who the f**k are those people who make those viruses? Just because of those muthaf**kas there is an antivirus software.
What the hell is the purpose, bastardos. :angry:

swarnel
08-12-2003, 12:48 PM
what are some signs of this virus and how can it be avoided?

mt computers been playing up a bit tonight by not loading pages and saying im offline when im not. websites in the browser which ive never gone to.

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:50 PM
what are some signs of this virus and how can it be avoided?

mt computers been playing up a bit tonight by not loading pages and saying im offline when im not. websites in the browser which ive never gone to.

The signs well XP and 2000 users it only effect your PC will shut down all the time after every f*cking 5 minutes :angry:

to avoid it have a firewall its essental I was fine and did some testing as as soon as I disabled my fiewall 5 second yes you read that right 5 seconds later it got me the bastard :angry:

swarnel
08-12-2003, 12:53 PM
cuz at the time my computer stuffed i didnt have my firewall on for quite a while (24 hours)

and does it affect windows 98

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:53 PM
well does the diolog box come up saying that the system will be shut down?

swarnel
08-12-2003, 12:54 PM
no i restarted it myself as soon as it started to stuff up

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:55 PM
no your alright to be sure do a search for MSBlast.exe if its there you got the bastard!

Alucard1475
08-12-2003, 12:57 PM
The signs well XP and 2000 users it only effect your PC
Really?? Well, what about ME users like me. Am I safe :) or should I still look like this :angry:

swarnel
08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
sweet im clean thanks for the help

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
As for as I know

XP
Win 2k
NT 4

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-12-2003, 01:01 PM
i hit your mom.....

WARSUPPORT
08-12-2003, 01:04 PM
I also got hit with this virus yesterday afternoon while downloading with Shareaza. My computer all of a sudden opened a window telling me it was going to restart in 40 seconds. But before it could restart I pulled up my windows task manager just to see what was running and sure enough msblast.exe was listed as windows update. My computer restarted fine and I updated my virus definitions and caught the virus in windows system32. All I did was delete the file and restart and everythings fine. This virus was on my local news.The purpose of this virus is to use all the infected computers to flood Microsoft on Saturday. The funny thing was is 2 hours before I was hit with msblast I checked for updated virus definitions for my anti virus software and there was none to download. So this shows you how fast a virus can spread and to always on a daily basis update your virus defs.I also use f-PROT 3.14 anti virus, works great.

Livy
08-12-2003, 01:07 PM
clean :D

Adster
08-12-2003, 01:08 PM
jeez I msut have had the msot worst luck when nortons found mine that box of norotns wouldnt piuss off I would keep clicking ok unable to repair unable to open jsut kept doing that I tryed to delete the prick from the system file and couldnt do that either!

EnJoi
08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
jeez what a mishap

ooo
08-12-2003, 06:01 PM
wait u ppl were hit w/ it but did it restart you com?

i had the virus but it didnt restart my com at all :/... so i was very lucky... but then again i think they made it to target win xp not 2000 as much...

zapjb
08-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. But M$ addressed this vunerability 4 months ago with Windows XP Hotfix (SP2)Q331953. I checked my add/remove entries to make sure I had downloaded this hotfix. I did, months ago. My main reason to run Windows update. But Symantec has & usually has a fix for these viruii on their site & for free to anyone.

ace2003k
08-12-2003, 06:59 PM
hi
i got this virus 2-what a bastard to remove

basically the symptoms of mine was that a lil window popped up and it shutdown my PC every minute!!

symantec removal got rid for me

ace

Izagaia
08-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by zapjb@12 August 2003 - 13:50
Correct me if I'm wrong. But M$ addressed this vunerability 4 months ago with Windows XP Hotfix (SP2)Q331953. I checked my add/remove entries to make sure I had downloaded this hotfix. I did, months ago. My main reason to run Windows update. But Symantec has & usually has a fix for these viruii on their site & for free to anyone.
They did (not so sure about the number on that update though). There were two updates actually. One that addresses the vulnerability and then a beta that targets the worm specifically. In addition to numerous virus definition updates since then from Symantec (for those Norton users among us).

I performed the usual checks myself just last evening. And have done so every evening- just a part of my daily online routine. If anything at all, hopefully users who are more vulnerable, will adopt their own routines to avoid such irritants in the furture.

Jay
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
i read about this virus from a website and i donloaded the patch from the microsoft website and now i hear that the virus itself is spreading from the microsoft website, should i be scared. :(

DarkBlizzard
08-12-2003, 07:38 PM
u should be scared.......i know 5 people that have got it in the last 24 hours...my friend got it when he set up his website on his IP. If u have a firewall it stops the virus from doing much. download the patch.

Izagaia
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I had heard on an NPR program earlier this morning, that this virus has hit more than 40% of businesses that rely on the internet to conduct their trade. Home/casual users were not far behind.

Enigma2003
08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Man did i get hit yesterday!!!!

i was 1 of the lucky 1s though as the error box came up but it stopped responding.

So i could get the patches!!! Phew, close 1.
Another guy said that this happened but he was using Win 2000 & i am on XP PRO.
Guess i was just lucky!!!

Everyone still keeps posting new topics about this, maybe it should be pinned???

Cygnuz-Y
08-12-2003, 10:11 PM
I got it...

But thanks to you im back to normal THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Damnatory
08-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Clean :mellow: for now.

I suppose I owe it all to my linksys hardware firewall. ;)

sharedholder
08-13-2003, 08:17 AM
W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
User Rating: 4.7/5
Author: Symantec Corp.
Program Type: Freeware
File Description:
removal tool to clean the W32.Blaster.Worm infections. It will terminate the viral process, delete the worm files, dropped files, and delete the registry values that were added.

[url=http://fileforum.betanews.com/download.php?fid=1060714019]Download W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool (http://fileforum.betanews.com/download.php?fid=1060714019)

zapjb
08-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Then dl & install the M$ patch(es). Or repeat & repeat & repeat.

jetje
08-13-2003, 09:10 AM
WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe english
WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-NLD.exe dutch

Windows2000-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe english
Windows2000-KB823980-x86-NLD.exe dutch

aply these patches and you'll be more safe
dl at http://www.microsoft.com

Spindulik
08-13-2003, 12:34 PM
I got hit too....
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nvj6/blast.jpg
This is what I got. Anyone else?

I used Norton's FIXIT program to cure the problem (It found the worm too, I definately had it), then went to Microsoft for the Windows patch.

So far, no problems.

MetroStars
08-13-2003, 12:36 PM
I got hit too....

This is what I got. Anyone else?

I used Norton's FIXIT program to cure the problem (It found the worm too, I definately had it), then went to Microsoft for the Windows patch.

So far, no problems.

Yep i got hit gud, and so did every 1 else i know... it's gud tho when this sort of things happens 2 a lot of people u get more help... ;)

RGX
08-16-2003, 05:06 PM
being hit at this very minute lol, stupid windows updates dont work, symantec is my last hope but its fucking slow, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xoen
08-17-2003, 02:12 AM
hello.

Viruses are feed 4 concerns that makes antivir software.

We all are toys in concerns hands people.
Choose your data wisely.

Heres the link 2 removal instructions of this little vir bastard.
http://www.labmice.net/AntiVirus/articles/MSblast.htm

or U can write this : msblast removal
in GOOGLE.

Save Ur data share Ur data.

Wolfmight
08-17-2003, 02:58 AM
I bet someone smart as the .box.sk illegal network administors made the damn virus because they're too much of a nerd and they're g/f or something dumped em

08-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Damn I think I might of got hit with this bastard to, but I am not having the same problems as some of you guys?
I have win 2000 and I get a program error that pops up and says something about
system 32 svchost
then I cant copy and paste anything?

Anyone know how to fix this?

winXPHE
08-21-2003, 05:31 PM
hey guess wat. ive been online like 18/7 ever since the worm hit n i dint update nothing, completely unprotected except for the DUMB STUPID XP firewall wit no special settings n BTW im on 56k dial-up but i never had ne probs but y take chances. ill update neways :P

Damnatory
08-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Funny story:

I went to get a cell phone turned on yesterday at Cingular. While I was there and doing all the paper work and everything, there was a computer tech there trying to figure out what the problem was with the computer. He'd been pretty pissed seeing as he'd been trying for about a week. After watching him grind his teeth and listening to his muffled explitives, I asked him what the problem was. He told me that it would randomly shut down every five minutes or so. I kind of chuckled and told him about MSBlast and how to take care of it. He was shocked, and as a good sport he bought my phone for me! (It was only $40 though, but still!)

shn
08-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Haha you people got msblast :lol:

Its like having coodies :P

[P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
08-21-2003, 07:01 PM
That is a funny story. Fortunatly I haven't been hit with this virus, but my brother has. Let see he was running a 2.0 ghz Pentium 4 processor, WinXp, 3-120 gb harddrives, and has a T3 connection. And his comp. shut down on him every min or so... but he got it fixed...luckily without very much lost, except about 6 days of dling...

Haha you people got msblast :lol:

Its like having coodies :P 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My sister has those.

oggy_uk
08-21-2003, 07:22 PM
I got the damn thing. Like most people, I didn&#39;t do anything to get it. I was using Syagate Personal Firewall, and all of my freinds who were using Zone Alarm didn&#39;t get it. I&#39;m thinking Syagte was to blame <_<