PDA

View Full Version : Hexagon

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Hello.I'm posting a few screenshots of Hexagon which is still in the alpha stage for those interested. I also thought of making a mini FAQ,so here goes:-

Q)So,what is hexagon?
Ans) Hexagon is a site which will eventually be a combination of both torrentbox and podtropolis,well that's the basic idea behind it.I was also told there will never be open signups.

Q)How does one get invited?
Ans) Currently only mods and the admin have invites. To get in you'd have to be an active/good member of either torrentbox or podtropolis. If you are then an invite will magically appear in your email(seriously:D)

Q)Is this tracker run by Axxo?
Ans) No,Axxo is only a member there and not the staff.

Q) Why would anyone wanna join?
Ans) Curiosity more than anything and the warm n fuzzy feeling of helping the site out in their initial phase. There are only 2 pages of torrents currently so content is almost zilch. The staff are quite friendly.
Personally,I like the design.

So here are a few screenshots:-

1000possibleclaws
05-10-2008, 05:27 AM
if it's public what is the benefit of getting invited besides being able to upload

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 05:34 AM
if it's public what is the benefit of getting invited besides being able to upload

Anyone can upload apparently. It works like a public site(mininova,TPB) without any ratios to maintain, but is invite only. I suppose this is beneficial.

Annoyed
05-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Might be promising. I'm a member at Podtropolis, so maybe I would benefit from here too.

That1Guy
05-10-2008, 08:22 AM
looks interesting enough.

One question, if one isn't a member of torrentbox or podtropolis, but is a good active member at some quality sites, will they be able to get in eventually? (Will members eventually get invites)

Also, how is it public if it is invite only? Are the torrents gonna be allowed to be uploaded at other public sites?

Costello
05-10-2008, 08:24 AM
really nice want to join

pimpmypanda
05-10-2008, 10:25 AM
name is stolen from bee movie

lolapa
05-10-2008, 10:27 AM
looks great

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 01:12 PM
looks interesting enough.

One question, if one isn't a member of torrentbox or podtropolis, but is a good active member at some quality sites, will they be able to get in eventually? (Will members eventually get invites)

Members will get invites once they're a fully functional site.Currently only mods/admin have invites though.

Also, how is it public if it is invite only? Are the torrents gonna be allowed to be uploaded at other public sites?

Even the rules/FAQ page isn't visible anywhere(atleast I didn't find it) but I suppose you could because axxo,Fxg are members that up their torrents to other publice sites like Mininova.
By public they mean ,there are no ratios to maintain. Think of it like Isohunt but invite only LOL.

dunson
05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Can I really win at online roulette with that cheat guide you offer at Hexagon?

I think I'm all done with such security risks as a public tracker with aXXo on it...nothing personal, but I don't like the FBI too much.

rvt
05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
By public, they seem to mean not public at all.
Think more along the lines of any of the private sites who have no ratios.

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
By public, they seem to mean not public at all.
Think more along the lines of any of the private sites who have no ratios.

Yup,pretty much on the mark.

calogero
05-10-2008, 03:16 PM
:lol: "This will be a public site"

Wtf does that mean then? If it means no ratio, say that, not "public".

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Er,ok if that's how you interpret it.

calogero
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM

It's not interpretation, it's just simple English.

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Look man,I don't own the site,just a member there.
"Public" is what their admin say mainly because they work a lot like mininova where you can dl away without having to maintain a ratio or even seeding to 1:1 like iTS/FTN.
I guess it's private mainly because you need an invite to join. I suppose it could be called semi-public or semi-private whatever tickles your pickle.

1000possibleclaws
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM

"Public" is what their admin say mainly because they work a lot like mininova where you can dl away without having to maintain a ratio or even seeding to 1:1 like iTS/FTN.
I guess it's private mainly because you need an invite to join. I suppose it could be called semi-public or semi-private whatever tickles your pickle.

semi-public is like demonoid, where non members can download but by being a member you have access to forums and all the content. public is like podtropolis where you can download everything without being a member. are you gonna be one of those, or are you gonna be a private tracker where only members can download?

this is a simple misunderstand you've caused by making a contradiction in your OP

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 05:19 PM

semi-public is like demonoid, where non members can download but by being a member you have access to forums and all the content. public is like podtropolis where you can download everything without being a member. are you gonna be one of those, or are you gonna be a private tracker where only members can download?

this is a simple misunderstand you've caused by making a contradiction in your OP

Yup,only members can dl.:)

titofat
05-10-2008, 05:25 PM
looks nice
may be i will be member in it in the future

Something Else
05-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Public and Invite Only is a contradiction.

:blink: :dabs:

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 08:58 PM

Quite true.But if you looked closer I explained possible reasons as to why they're "public".
Anyhow,I've edited my post to prevent further confusion/ambiguity. :)
This site's invite only atm.

(I)
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
looks great

What looks gr8?

I bet U R a doc or medicine student benchez, right?
Encephalopathy and endometriosis you know :lol: